Ernie Els + Smooth

TMElectric

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Is there a better swing in golf right now? He just makes it look so easy and the ball goes far. I believe if I could choose one swing to have, it would be his.

He has always had a nice smooth tempo....he and Freddie Couples. Although Adam Scott's swing is a thing of beauty as well.

He makes it look effortless for sure. He's a big dude in person too.

Lots of great swings out there. I'd give a ton for an ounce of their talent.

Smooth is the right word. Great tempo, generates a lot of power and makes it look effortless.

He didn't get his nickname "Big Smooth" for nothing.
I try to mimmick his tempo. Now if I could mimmick his earnings !

He didn't get his nickname "Big Smooth" for nothing.
I try to mimmick his tempo. Now if I could mimmick his earnings !

Big Easy lol...and yes he definitely deserves it

Is there a better swing in golf right now? He just makes it look so easy and the ball goes far. I believe if I could choose one swing to have, it would be his.

I think Fred Couples is still better but we could argue the point all day.

I think Fred Couples is still better but we could argue the point all day.

I would too dude. My favorite swing

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ernie is one of the smoother swingers on Tour. But to be fair, there is only one or two guys on tour whose swing I wouldn't want to have.

Ernie is one of the smoother swingers on Tour. But to be fair, there is only one or two guys on tour whose swing I wouldn't want to have.

I would take any of them. They all make a lot more money than I and get to play golf for a living. Sold.

I would take any of them. They all make a lot more money than I and get to play golf for a living. Sold.

Yes, I am sure we all would. If I was choosing there would be some swing styles I would choose over others though. I like couples as well

I don't know about any of them, If I had a club path of Bubba i'd be lucky to make contact with the ball, I am a big Couples fan as far ideal as swing goes

Nick Faldo in one of his TV lessons says that he uses Els name as a count for his swing. Ernie on the back swing, Els on the downswing. That seems to me to be a pretty big complement on Els swing.

It's amazing how smooth Ernie's swing really is, when you watch it live it almost seems slower than other's swings it's so smooth!!!

Shouldn't the thread title be Ernie Els = smooth?

Big Easy makes it look so easy.

I vote for both Ernie and Freddie. I have used Freddie's name as a tempo meter. Freddie (backswing) Couples (downswing). When I remember to use it, it helps me slow down my swing. Actually, I don't really slow my swing down as much as making a MUCH smoother backswing. Not jerking my club. And, consequently, making a much smoother down swing to complement my better backswing much more in control. I'm learning this through my lessons, and, mostly, through learning to swing my Mashie M3!!!

Don't get me wrong i love ernie's swing but, i gotta give a nod to Louis Oosthuizen. such a nice swing.

I read somewhere (I'll try to find it!) that both Els and Couples hit the ball near perfect on the sweet spot every time, but also have more erratic shot patterns than other swing types. The tempo is to die for, not sure the swing itself is though...

Don't get me wrong i love ernie's swing but, i gotta give a nod to Louis Oosthuizen. such a nice swing.
Absolutely. Like Els, Oosthuizen has a swing that's so compact and so smooth that it looks like he's swinging at 60 - 70%. It's just Lift, Turn, and Through. Lift, Turn, and Through. My swing feels like I'm trying to master fast-motion Tai Chi.

I dunno... I wouldn't take Jim Furyk swing! :laugh: One persons swing I would have wanted was Payne Stewart's... Very classic!

Back