Official Movie Trailer thread

this was a good movie .... yes he needed the mask to live
Spoiler
thats why when batman knocks it loose in the movie bane starts to fade and batman finally gets the upper hand

in the comic books he becomes that way from being injected with a venom while in prison and afterwards he needs a dose every 12 hours injected into his brain to stay alive.

also enjoyed Anne Hathaway too

I thought Bane's face thing was basically a morphine drip.

Spoiler
I know they mentioned a morphine addict in the movie, but it was vague who exactly they were referencing. And it was said that if it were removed it would cause him severe pain. The one scene they showed him in the movie without it was when the lower half of his face was all wrapped up in a cloth, so I assumed someone mutilated it and since he was in a big hole he had no medical treatment and then it got worse. Hence the mask.

Spoiler
I know they mentioned a morphine addict in the movie, but it was vague who exactly they were referencing. And it was said that if it were removed it would cause him severe pain. The one scene they showed him in the movie without it was when the lower half of his face was all wrapped up in a cloth, so I assumed someone mutilated it and since he was in a big hole he had no medical treatment and then it got worse. Hence the mask.

spoiler link

http://screenrant.com/batman-dark-knight-rises-bane-mask-costume-kofi-116351/

this link talks about the mask and how it relates to the comics

I will say this.

Potential spoilers maybe?

It was a trilogy. Think about that in today's world. How many series can say that they had 3 good to great movies in a row that lived up to the hype(Nolan wasn't planning on it being a trilogy btw when he starts batman begins) but I think he did an excellent job of going back to the first one with references to it. But nothing from the 2nd movie because of ledgers death which I can understand a bit. I just think when you look at Nolan's trilogy as a whole you can appreciate it a bit more but that's just me!

I thought the movie was excellent. Not as good as the 2nd, but a good way to finish. I'll go ahead and throw in my 2 cents in the spolier.

Spoiler
I do believe the Robin reference brings the possibility of Nolan making a Nightwing spinoff.

I don't believe Batman is alive as it's a dream Alfred had.

The ending was really good. But if Nolan wanted to bring a conclusion to Batman, he didn't do a very good job. He just left us having more questions then answers.

I am going to see it tonight.

I thought the movie was excellent. Not as good as the 2nd, but a good way to finish. I'll go ahead and throw in my 2 cents in the spolier.

Spoiler
I do believe the Robin reference brings the possibility of Nolan making a Nightwing spinoff.

I don't believe Batman is alive as it's a dream Alfred had.

The ending was really good. But if Nolan wanted to bring a conclusion to Batman, he didn't do a very good job. He just left us having more questions then answers.

It was a great movie, here is my 2 cents response in the spoiler bar

Spoiler
I do believe that batman is alive because at the end the tech tells Fox that the autopilot was set up about 6 months before. Wayne knew the only way to stop being batman was to end him so wayne "faked' his own death like he did in the first one. Alfred said he had a dream that he would see wayne with a family and kids but it wasn't a physical dream, more of an aspiration so that's why they ended the movie that way-wayne and whats her face because he did make it

I will say this.

Potential spoilers maybe?

It was a trilogy. Think about that in today's world. How many series can say that they had 3 good to great movies in a row that lived up to the hype(Nolan wasn't planning on it being a trilogy btw when he starts batman begins) but I think he did an excellent job of going back to the first one with references to it. But nothing from the 2nd movie because of ledgers death which I can understand a bit. I just think when you look at Nolan's trilogy as a whole you can appreciate it a bit more but that's just me!

There was actually a lot from the second movie. The Dent Act had a big impact on what happened as well as Gordon's Speech once it got into Bane's hands.

No morphine drip. The mask simply helped with easing the pain. It may have had to do with pressure points or keeping his facial features set. There was no mention or indication of Venom or any other substance. Bane was simply a Brute in this movie.

There was actually a lot from the second movie. The Dent Act had a big impact on what happened as well as Gordon's Speech once it got into Bane's hands.

But nothing really from the joker himself

But nothing really from the joker himself

The Dark Knight was really two movies squeezed into one with two villains, the first with The Joker and the second with two face/ Harvey Dent. Dent played heavily in this movie.

Oops double post

The Dark Knight was really two movies squeezed into one with two villains, the first with The Joker and the second with two face/ Harvey Dent. Dent played heavily in this movie.

That's why the Dark Knight had like three endings haha

She actually was never mentioned like that in the movie once you think about it. I actually enjoyed her role more then I thought I would.

You're right they never actually called her that but after the cat burglar comment & the suit, I thought is was pretty obvious.
I enjoyed it though.

You're right they never actually called her that but after the cat burglar comment & the suit, I thought is was pretty obvious.
I enjoyed it though.

True true. But I was surprised by her performance/role in the movie. She played the backbone of the movie, not enough of her in her suit though if you ask me haha

It was really good, but not as good as the second one. The bomb had 5 months before it blew... so did it basically skip over most of that time until the end?

True true. But I was surprised by her performance/role in the movie. She played the backbone of the movie, not enough of her in her suit though if you ask me haha

She was much better then I thought she was going to be and yes she made that suit look good.

The movie was great, but no masterpiece. It won't win the Best Picture Oscar. It moved too slowly, and was too dark and humorless for a super-hero movie.

That said, I loved it. It was gritty, grungy, and the allusions to Occupy Wall Street were a great touch. I loved Bane, Anne Hathaway was sexy as hell, and it did a good job of incorporating elements from the Frank Miller comics.

I saw this last night and thought it was really good. Anne Hathaway did a great job and was pretty darn hot. I loved the Bane character and thought the ending was great. I think the Batman trilogy was epic. I'm going to watch the first one over again since its been a while.

John Deere Tap'n

I thought the movie was amazing and the whole trilogy was better than any other movie franchise I've ever seen. I wasn't sure what to expect from Anne Hathaway but she did a great job. The ending was a great way to finish up the trilogy of movies. Christopher Nolan really raised the bar for how good superhero movies can be.

I've seen it twice now and really liked it alot, Tom hardy is one of my favorite actors and I thought he nailed it very well. Batman Begins is still my favorite, that story line was priceless

I would rank Rises slightly behind Dark Knight but slightly ahead of Begins. All were very well done. A satisfying ending to the trilogy, but it got a hair slow in a couple of places and was just missing the energy that Heath Ledger's Joker provided. Hathaway and JGL both did a great job. Too bad Nolan is done with the franchise. I'd watch JGL as the lead in a future version.

Back