Cleveland Putter Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
here are some putters that Cleveland Golf sent over for us to review and put into our Putter Shoot out coming up soon. Here are the unboxing photos. Two of them are from the Cleveland Classic line and 2 of them are from the Cleveland VP Line.

519873203_oJ4TH-L.jpg

519873296_We9Ue-L.jpg

Those are some good looking putters. Like the new look on the VP line. Is that a gun metal finish?

• Admin
More a black finish.

I'm really glad that companies like Cleveland (Classics line) and PING (Karsten line) are producing good-looking/good-feeling putters at an affordable price.

Those Classic line putters are amazing, great feel and great look.

In my opinion, the Classics line is the absolute best bang-for-buck putter on the market. I've messed with the Anser style a whole lot and really like it. If it were an Anser 2 head I'd probably own it already.

It doesn't quite feel as nice as my Mizuno or my dad's SSB, but it's a great-feeling putter that's similar to SWMBO's LUX.

i love the new Cleveland Classics line

I find Cleveland putters to be fairly underrated. Most people don't even consider them and they are a solid product line in my experiences.

All of these putters look so nice, I can see how somebody could fill up a display stand. Wish I could,lol.

The yellow tabs serve a purpose on the putters, right?

Ive got the Cleveland Classics #2 and love it... Grip had to go right away though. As askthejak mentioned, I picked this up because its a great value. $69.99 at Dicks, bought it as an impulse as im a Cleveland bobo and now its my gamer.

I think for the price the Classics line are awesome putters.

Edit: Everyone already said that, my fault for not reading, but I agree.

I like the 3rd one and am interested in reading how the alignment aid on top of head works.

Split decision here- LOVE the classics line. The VP line is absolutely HIDEOUS from my perspective. I'm not a fan of the black to begin with- but the gold accents just put them completely over the top. But then again I have zero appreciation for 1983 Chevy Malibus with 26" gold wheels on them either.

YMMV

Last edited:
Split decision here- LOVE the classics line. The VP line is absolutely HIDEOUS from my perspective. I'm not a fan of the black to begin with- but the gold accents just put them completely over the top. But then again I have zero appreciation for 1983 Chevy Malibus with 26" gold wheels on them either.

YMMV

It is pretty much the same look as the CG12 weges (I think that's the line anyways). It is one of those things that you like or don't, IMO. I can see people not liking the scheme, but it doesn't bother me. They seem to like it though.

It is pretty much the same look as the CG12 weges (I think that's the line anyways). It is one of those things that you like or don't, IMO. I can see people not liking the scheme, but it doesn't bother me. They seem to like it though.

It's the CG14 wedges.:act-up:

It's the CG14 wedges.:act-up:

Yep. Don't care for the look on wedges either. Actually, I was at a golf store today rummaging through their old used putters (found a couple of keepers including an Odyssey black series in MINT+ condition for $100) and actually saw the putters "in the flesh". :sick:

But to each their own.

You DO see a lot of 1983 Malibus with 26" gold wheels on them! :clown:

I bought a Cleveland Classic #1 and really like.

I have 4 rounds under my belt with it and love the feel and
especially the way it sets up to the ball. It is just right for my
eye.

Awesome. Glad to hear it.

I'm a sucker for the color black, if I could get all of my clubs in black I probably would.

I'm a sucker for the color black, if I could get all of my clubs in black I probably would.

Me too! LOL.

I like the black drivers (Superquad, 4DX SE, etc.), I LOVE black irons (TM MB Smoke), black wedges are SICK (Nike SV Tour Black Satin, Nike VR Black), and I LOVE my black putter.

I don't know what is...I just love black lol.

What is a colour? You mean color? hehe

Back