being chosen for new product tester? requirements?

mnelson85

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 3.5
I am new to this site obviously, but was wondering if there were any certain requirements or minimums to be chosen as a product tester...

Welcome to THP! Testing opportunities generally go to active forum members.

you should probably join the albatross club, it's an amazing opportunity!

you don't have to join, but it's a good thing to do :)

Most of the times in the testing signup threads, the criteria is laid out. Usually it's just being an active member with a certain amount of posts over the past few days/weeks.

Where would the testing threads be located?

Become an active member, stick around and get to know people. THP is great not only because we have the opportunity to test things, but outings, MC, Tour van stops, and the members here are top notch.

We have a number of testing threads right now in the equipment and putter section. Lots of good things to read.

you should probably join the albatross club, it's an amazing opportunity!

you don't have to join, but it's a good thing to do :)

So how about you go join it!

Being active on the forum is almost always a requirement in the testing criteria. Become active and get to know the other posters, it will help you tremendoulsy even if you are not chosen as a tester very soon, you will make some great friends.

I am new to this site obviously, but was wondering if there were any certain requirements or minimums to be chosen as a product tester...

While testing is great there are so many more things that make this a great place to be. The Outings, the Morgan Cup, the info from everyone, the contests, and much more make this place as a whole great. The testing does usually go to members who are more active and fit what they (THP and the OEM who is supplying the equipment for the testing) are looking for the test. Be active, stay active, and enjoy your time here and sign up for the testings and support the OE's and site anyway you can!

Well, in addition to all the good advise you have already received in this thread, another bit of advise would be, to sign up for all of the testing being offered here, not just clubs and balls and such. THP does valuable testing on a variety of products in regards to golf. It could be something as simple as hydration tablets (a past testing that has been very valuable to my on course hydration and well being), tools to fix your ball marks on the green, all the way up to iron testing, shaft testing and other things. Throw your name in the hat on all of them, get some valuable experience testing some of these other essential items, and keep posting and coming back. I guarantee, you will endear yourself to the community and more doors will open up along the way.

Well, in addition to all the good advise you have already received in this thread, another bit of advise would be, to sign up for all of the testing being offered here, not just clubs and balls and such. THP does valuable testing on a variety of products in regards to golf. It could be something as simple as hydration tablets (a past testing that has been very valuable to my on course hydration and well being), tools to fix your ball marks on the green, all the way up to iron testing, shaft testing and other things. Throw your name in the hat on all of them, get some valuable experience testing some of these other essential items, and keep posting and coming back. I guarantee, you will endear yourself to the community and more doors will open up along the way.
This, just stay active and don't be here just for the testing. Welcome to THP and I hope you stick around and are active! It is a great community to be a part of!!!

Not here just for the testing, was just curious how all that worked. Again, still learning about the site.

Not here just for the testing, was just curious how all that worked. Again, still learning about the site.

No problem, dude. Welcome, first of all. If you have any questions, never hesitate to ask. We have a pretty damn good community here and if someone doesn't know the answer, someone can surely shoot you to someone that will. Usually testing is done by members that have established themselves within the community over a period of time. That can be done by just keeping active and involving yourself in as many conversations as you can. And, you don't need to be a tester to add your thoughts to current product testing. I am involved in the TaylorMade ATV wedge testing, and we have had numerous members add the ATV to their bag and add their thoughts along with the testers that were chosen by TaylorMade and THP. Testing is a pretty tedious process and you will be relied upon to provide feedback for not only the THP community, but the entire golfing world on the internet. If a person Googles "TaylorMade ATV reviews", chances are, they are going to wind up at THP, and we have to do a good job of providing feedback for that user. The amount of people that show up here, just by simply Googling a product review they are looking for, would blow your mind. As I said, it's a tedious process, but an awesome privilege and honor to take part in.

If you click on the THP Newsletter tab above, GolferGal sends out a monthly newsletter, with a sneak peek at what is coming down the pike at THP. This will include upcoming testing, upcoming contests, product reviews, previews, and a bunch more. It's a nice little newsletter and I have found out about a lot of new products.

Where would the testing threads be located?

Did you ever figure out where the testing threads/sign up is? I have no desire to do anything but sign up and get to know some new folks.

You will know when you see the threads. It will be obvious that it is a testing sign-up thread.

Welcome to THP, there are lots of testing opportunities that come, just get involved in the forum and become active and opportunities will come your way.

Did you ever figure out where the testing threads/sign up is? I have no desire to do anything but sign up and get to know some new folks.

Sorry dude, I did get your message, but was a little busy and couldn't respond. As others have said, just stay active here, get to know everyone, talk with us in our threads, and keep your eyes peeked for testing announcements and sign up. Also, subscribe to the THP newsletter, so you know ahead of time, what is coming to be reviewed, tested, and for giveaways.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Thanks...will do!

IMO, the way I see it is this: You can use all non-testing threads to prove to those who chose the testers that you would be a good selection.

If testing is something you really are interested in, use the platform that is provided to you (all of the THP threads) to prove that you are a good choice. As you spend more time on the site, you will come to love it and become addicted to it, the great people, the events, and the overall camaraderie of THP. Continue to be an active member, provide solid input when you are knowledgeable on the subject, and cross your fingers.

Also, as JR said, sign up for the newletter to receive the early heads up on upcoming testing opportunities. Welcome to THP!

Back