Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

I had a pretty decent day with my Razr Fit driver as well. Kind of a breezy day at the local cow pasture, and honestly my swing was nothing special, but still kept it in play while getting 2 or 3 of the 7 tee shots out there pretty good for me. The combination of the 10.5 head and a mid launching shaft really seems to be a great spot for me.

My shot of the day was a bit unorthodox in that it was a driver off the deck from 245 that was dead online and rolled up to within 5 yards of the front edge on a downwind par 5. I hadn't tried to hit the Razr Fit off the deck yet, but it performed admirably and was not much more than a 10-15 yard fade. Almost chipped it in for eagle and left a tap in birdie.

My only problem with the Razr Fit right now is in my head. My last round prior to today was when the epoxy broke (self assembly error - not a Callaway issue) causing the head to launch 50 yards into the trees, so even though I put everything back together, I keep waiting for it to happen again even though it shouldn't...stupid brain.

Had a great day with my Razr Fit driver at True Blue, I hit all but 2 fairways today with a nice baby fade, I love this driver

The Razr Fit driver is $$ for me right now....I am stroking that thing just as straight as possible and long for me...hit 10/13 fairways today and had 2 drives over 275, which is long for me.

This driver will be in my bag for a long time to come!

Agreed. I hit 8/13 yesterday with a couple just off the fairway...highlight of the day was on the 8th hole which was a par 5 (528yds)...yesterday I popped a drive 318yds dead center of the fairway. Fit goes BOOM! left myself a little over 200 in which was phenomenal. Chunked the approach shot with a hybrid but still ended up salvaging a bogey on the hole but that was an example of how this driver has really helped my game. I'm able to carve par 4's up with ease and make par 5's reachable in 2 if need be.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Nice updates guys with your Razr Fits going HAM out there. I still ponder the crap out of one of these.

the FIT TA has a different hosel setting thingy compared to the regular FIT. However, I read here somewhere that someone used a FIT shaft in the FIT TA? I assume that's a one-way street and that the FIT TA Shaft will not work in the regular FIT correct?

the FIT TA has a different hosel setting thingy compared to the regular FIT. However, I read here somewhere that someone used a FIT shaft in the FIT TA? I assume that's a one-way street and that the FIT TA Shaft will not work in the regular FIT correct?

I believe it should work either direction. My understanding is that the adapter is the same overall dimensions, but the TA adapter has two adjustable rings (for lack of a better word) that combined are the same size as the one adjustable ring on the Regular Fit.

I believe it should work either direction. My understanding is that the adapter is the same overall dimensions, but the TA adapter has two adjustable rings (for lack of a better word) that combined are the same size as the one adjustable ring on the Regular Fit.

That's what I was wondering - do the two rings on the TA = the single ring on the regular FIT? Besides that, does the extra ring REALLY make that much difference?

That's what I was wondering - do the two rings on the TA = the single ring on the regular FIT? Besides that, does the extra ring REALLY make that much difference?

I just saw a side-by-side pic on a different website that compared the adapters and to my eye the two rings on the TA = the single ring on the regular FIT. On the regular fit, the Closed setting is 1.5 deg closed and the Open is 2.5 deg open according to several sources I just read. The 2nd ring on the TA gives nine total settings C+, C, C-, S+, S, S-, O+, O, O-. The C, S, and O settings should be the same as on the Regular version, and while I cannot find a chart that shows this for sure, using my math skills, the TA adapter should be the following:

Capture5.jpg

Just bought an 8.5 stiff off the Callaway Pre-owned site. Been pondering this since the Friday they released and I went through my fitting... Looking forward to having her in my hands Monday!

Has anyone had any luck removing a stock TA adapter without melting it?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

My cool shot of the day:

On the range smacking balls Shark Wrestler walks up to me and we start talking about what I've been doing to prepare and such, and I mention, "and I've been working on drawing the ball. . . " and I set up and hit a perfect, long draw. Then I say that I'd love to hit a Rope hook me jaysoos, and stepped up and sliced it out of the driving range.

Just bought an 8.5 stiff off the Callaway Pre-owned site. Been pondering this since the Friday they released and I went through my fitting... Looking forward to having her in my hands Monday!

Thats the exact setup I have, you will love it.

Thats the exact setup I have, you will love it.
Thanks for the comment! I had her ordered the day they came out and due to back orders on 8.5s, I got impatient and went another route. After needing some tweaks to the G20 to get it where I need it, i figured I needed to go back to what I wanted in the first place. I'm hitting the G20 293 average, but only 4 fairways per round!

How did you decide on the Radix shaft?

What would be a good shaft pairing for this if I wanted a low spin mid launch/flight shaft. Ive never installed an aftermarket shaft before. Can I purchase one with tip already on and install myself. Thanks in advance...

You can find shafts on eBay with tips already on them for a decent price. As far as shafts go, I can only comment on the shaft I was fit for, i needed to lower my spin rate and get my ball flight down..so I was fit for the Matrix Radix HD6 shaft in stiff flex... I love it.

Played my 5th round with it today 8.5 with Tour AD DIS and think that I have finally got it set (Open with 6 gram toe/8 gram heel...also bought the weight kit) since I hit 10 of 14 and 2 of the misses were only about a yard off. This thing is the BOMB!!!!

The Callaway rep was back yesterday at my local course and I got a chance to hit a pile of things again. I tried a razr fit driver and was hitting ok shots, most of them were much lower than my current shots on my x460. When I pulled the x460 back out to do a comparison, the rep said "I don't think you need to replace your driver". So I don't think I'll be picking one up. The fit 3 wood on the other hand, I was crushing! I had the rep adjust it to the open position as I was pulling shots a bit and started firing them right down the middle from the tee or the grass. I ordered one from golfsmith with the 15% discount and free shipping my order came to $130! Can't really complain about that.

I hit the 9.5 today on the sim. and it felt very solid. Picking it up Tuesday and taking it to the course.

Does anybody like the stock shaft in the FIT? Seems like most are replacing it. Looks like a decent shaft, on the surface. Granted, I havent hit it yet.

The stock shaft is pretty good. For me it just gave a little bit too high of a launch angle and it's pretty whippy (even the stiff one).

The stock shaft is pretty good. For me it just gave a little bit too high of a launch angle and it's pretty whippy (even the stiff one).

I would concur with that assessment.

I just bought a 8.5 with the Standard Stock shaft stiff. Played this morning with it set as draw bias and was bombing it for my standards. 280-290 easy my old hyper x was getting 270 tops.

I just realized you cant adjust the loft on the Fit's? Wtf thats dumb. Not even on the TA I just got. And I went with a 10.5 because I thought you could dial it down to 10* or whatever. Annoyed.

Set in the closed position it should lower the loft about 1/2 degree and the opposute is true for open raise loft about 1/2 degree............... about the same change as the new Ping Anser drivers loft changes

Set in the closed position it should lower the loft about 1/2 degree and the opposute is true for open raise loft about 1/2 degree............... about the same change as the new Ping Anser drivers loft changes

If that is true that is what Im looking for actually. Just something down to 10* would be perfect.

If that is true that is what Im looking for actually. Just something down to 10* would be perfect.
If that is true it is just the opposite of every other adjustable driver on the market, closing the face usually adds loft and opening the face decreases loft on all the other adjustable drivers.

If that is true it is just the opposite of every other adjustable driver on the market, closing the face usually adds loft and opening the face decreases loft on all the other adjustable drivers.

That is what I was thinking and I just found this:

The "OptiFit" hosel offers three clubface settings—square, 2.5° open or 1.5° closed. (The 2.5° open face provides a 1° decrease in effective loft; the 1.5° closed face increases loft by 1°.)

Read more: http://www.golf.com/equipment/callaway-razr-fit-driver#ixzz21y1wEz4c

Back