What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot one of my 5 dozen hex blacks so I used a Nike One Tour D. I remembered why I really like this ball. It's no hex black but they are nice.

Forgot one of my 5 dozen hex blacks so I used a Nike One Tour D. I remembered why I really like this ball. It's no hex black but they are nice.

God I hated the One Tour D. But I was absolutely, head over heels in love with my One Tours! Shot some great rounds with those! 80 was the lowest round I ever recorded with a One Tour.

To this day I'm still trying to shoot a 77, not for any other reason than I hate that I shot my lowest round ever 78 with a stupid freakin' ProV1!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Hex Black. Hated it. Then played out the back 9 with the B330 RX. Love that ball.

Hex Black. Hated it. Then played out the back 9 with the B330 RX. Love that ball.

I'm playing again today and am going to play the Hex Blacks. I have played them once before and thought they were okay. I hope I don't catch the Kmac curse.

I'm playing again today and am going to play the Hex Blacks. I have played them once before and thought they were okay. I hope I don't catch the Kmac curse.

Aim way left.

I don't think it is possible to catch something from Kmac, if you do we are commiting you, Haha

formerly butters35

my review skills are horrendous when im playing bad hahaha... its tough to review a ball that you only took one shot at and it disappeared lol

i thought it was pretty similar to the nxt but according to my gps i hit the vapor about 5-10 yrds farther

We did a scramble yesterday, and on the first hole, I dunked a brand new Hex Black on my second shot...Guess it was an ok ball, but didn't float. :D

I got to the course yesterday, and forgot to pack any of my Hex Blacks (I bought 4 dozen with theme on sale). I had to buy a sleeve in the shop, so I figured why not try something different? Bought a sleeve of Pro V1x.

I was hitting my drives about 10 yards farther than usual with the Pro V1x. I would like to think my recent lesson was the reason for the improvement, but what if it was the ball? I definitely got plenty of spin out of the V1x on both approach shots and short game shots. Its a little firmer than the Black, and I hit it a little too far on some short pitches, but I could sort that out.

Anyway, I didn't lose any of the V1x's , so I will keep hitting them and try to compare driver distances to the Black. I don't want this ball to be longer, but if it is, I could have a small problem.

Put the B330-RX back in to play today, love that ball. Less spin on shots in to the green than the Chrome I have been playing, but just an overall great ball.

I had planned to give the Hex Blacks a shot today but it's raining.

Dixon Wind again. Man I love this thing. I hit a 235 yard hybrid onto the green and the ball was about a foot away from where is landed but it didn't bounce forward it bounced back. I don't know how and probably wont do it again but this ball for me doesn't roll out and I really like that.

srixon z star x, i'm quite shocked at how well rounded this ball is ... switched from callaway tour xi

Man, reading this thread is pissing me off. I bought a couple dozen Nike Vapor Blacks and a dozen Callaway Diablos to try.

Only then do I learn from a pretty reputable source (Hank Haney) that at my swing speed and Hcp. I should be playing Pentas of Pro V1's...

Dammit.

Man, reading this thread is pissing me off. I bought a couple dozen Nike Vapor Blacks and a dozen Callaway Diablos to try.

Only then do I learn from a pretty reputable source (Hank Haney) that at my swing speed and Hcp. I should be playing Pentas of Pro V1's...

Dammit.

I think that if Yoccos were in this thread right now he'd probably tell you that your reputable source is a turd anyway.

So keep playing what YOU like!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

i like to play Slazengers but i have found out that they fly into the bushes or water just as easily as Pro V1s :)

Played the Q Star on Sunday. Not a bad ball. I hit a few pretty far for me.

Played the same Hex Black for 18 today, and 17 on Saturday...it's hit several trees and bunkers. Looking pretty bad now...:D

I got a good (though unscientific) comparison between Q-stars and Bridgestone E6's at my employer's staff golf tournament today.

My group started on the 10th tee and I began with e6's. After the first nine holes, I had three lost balls off the tee. I just couldn't keep them from sliding off to the right. Good thing it was a 4 man scramble format. Did I mention that this considered to be a really difficult course? :-/

When we finished the back nine, I decided to switch to the Q-stars on the assumption that they couldn't make things worse and proceeded to play the same ball the rest of the round, including hitting four fairways in a row with the driver. I also hit a great 2nd shot to an elevated green on the 7th hole (our 3rd to last) from about 150 yards that left the ball four feet from the cup and about a foot from its ball mark - definitely my best shot of the day.

This is the second time I've seen clearly that the Q-stars seem to make a noticeable difference when I play them. My playing partners noticed and commented on the difference as well.

I don't know if it's the better ball for everyone, but I saw a night-and-day difference with results between the two and I think this is a settled issue for me.

Anyone want some e6's? :)

Ken

Gamer V2. Good ball.

Played a few different balls today but the one that stood out among the cheaper balls was the Noodle Long and Soft. Long and straight off the tee and decent performance around the green for the price of the ball. I am looking for a nice budget ball that I can use at my normal course were I might lose 1 or 2 balls on average and I can also use at a more difficult course as well were I might lose 6+ on a bad round.

I have already tried the Gamer V2 and the Bridgestone xfixx in the under $20 price range.

I've been playing the Nike Vapor Black balls. Good deals on amazon. ~$18 a dozen. 3 piece ball. I like them.

Played the E6 today, Felt great off most of my clubs. I was a bit scared to let the driver go today trying the stay in the fairway even if it is shorter approach to thing today. Only thing I noticed was there was a few times on partial wedge shoots that this thing hit, checked a bit I looked away then next thing I knew it was still going. Hard to explain, like it checked got mad about where it was then just rolled FOREVER. I will get used to this the more I played but it cost me a few shots. All in all I will keep playing it and not let my ego tell me I need a tour grade ball.

Played the ProV1x again today, and I don't think its any longer than the Hex Black off the tee. I was possibly getting a little more rollout in the fairways, but overall it wasn't any longer. The good news is, my distance gains last weekend were more likely the result of a better swing. I also don't like the v1x quite as much as the Black around the greens, so I won't be changing balls.

I do still have all 3 of my Pro V1x's after two rounds, and they look as good as new, so there's that!

Played Bridgestone B330 RX until I lost it on the 2nd hole. Put a new one in play and lost it on the 8th hole. After that I went to some cheaper balls. Wound up losing 5 balls today (personal record). I was all over the place today so I can't comment much from tee to green. However, on the greens there's no ball I'd rather putt than this one. Just feels so good off the putter. I seem to always have good pace on my putts when I use this ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back