The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I played with a guy today that was at my best guess, about a 12-15 handicap. At least that what I would guess based on his play and the fact that I beat him by a few strokes quite easily and I am a 12 playing on my home course so that counts for a couple strokes as well. Halfway through the round one of his buddies comments about how this guy is a 3 handicap but he just was having a bad round. NO effin way pal. I've seen a 3 handicap play a bad round and even then, they still hit more then 1 green in regulation per 9 holes and can usually drive the ball longer then 200 yards.

I should also mention that he didn't putt a single ball within 3 feet. Picked them all up as gimmes.

I can see someone saying they are a 10 when they are an 8 or 7, aka the sandbagger.

Why the heck would you say that you are a 3 when you are nowhere near it? Like not even within 10 shots of that level? Some people just like to look silly I guess.

I guess when we do gimmies the guy putting the ball doesn't decide what a gimmie is. Usually one of the other people in the group picks it up or says I'll give you that one.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

You should have asked to play a match on the back nine for a couple of bucks, with him giving you strokes based on his handicap. I find that golfers with "ego" handicaps shy away from money matches REAL quick! LOL

You should have asked to play a match on the back nine for a couple of bucks, with him giving you strokes based on his handicap. I find that golfers with "ego" handicaps shy away from money matches REAL quick! LOL

It was tempting but he was a bit of a dick so I'd just be asking for trouble.

BBC Top Gear > American Top Gear all day long.

So I played with a guy today that was at my best guess, about a 12-15 handicap. At least that what I would guess based on his play and the fact that I beat him by a few strokes quite easily and I am a 12 playing on my home course so that counts for a couple strokes as well. Halfway through the round one of his buddies comments about how this guy is a 3 handicap but he just was having a bad round. NO effin way pal. I've seen a 3 handicap play a bad round and even then, they still hit more then 1 green in regulation per 9 holes and can usually drive the ball longer then 200 yards.

I should also mention that he didn't putt a single ball within 3 feet. Picked them all up as gimmes.

I can see someone saying they are a 10 when they are an 8 or 7, aka the sandbagger.

Why the heck would you say that you are a 3 when you are nowhere near it? Like not even within 10 shots of that level? Some people just like to look silly I guess.

I have to say I am near a 3 and have been that low and played horrible golf before. My swing is not great looking and I make my strokes "here and there". I have shot 95 and even 100. People have bad rounds.

A handicap index is not your average score, but your shooting potential.

My handicap suggests I am a 9.7 handicap. If you have ever seen me play, you wouldnt believe it. :alien:

My handicap suggests I am a 9.7 handicap. If you have ever seen me play, you wouldnt believe it. :alien:

Exact same as mine! And yes, there are days when I look like a 20. Some days you just can't get in it and everything feels off.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Exact same as mine! And yes, there are days when I look like a 20. Some days you just can't get in it and everything feels off.

Tapping till 12-21-2012
I like to refer to my golf game as "Moments of brilliance."

So you mean when Saturn and Uranus align properly, I could beat JB????

I have to say I am near a 3 and have been that low and played horrible golf before. My swing is not great looking and I make my strokes "here and there". I have shot 95 and even 100. People have bad rounds.

A handicap index is not your average score, but your shooting potential.

I like that. Can I use it? haha
Absolutely! I buddy of mine made that comment to me a few years back, and I have said it ever since.

A few weeks ago I made some pepper vinegar for my Uncle. He made the mistake of calling it "Baby stuff".

I brought him the second batch today. He won't be making fun of anything else I bring him.

I like staying at hotels because no matter how much of a mess I make I don't have to clean it up

A few weeks ago I made some pepper vinegar for my Uncle. He made the mistake of calling it "Baby stuff".

I brought him the second batch today. He won't be making fun of anything else I bring him.

Um, I don't think you're supposed to kill your relatives.

I like staying at hotels because no matter how much of a mess I make I don't have to clean it up

Umm... that's not always true. Just don't party to hard.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Got a round at a really nice and pretty hard course tomorrow morning at 11:00.

To go out and party as I'd planned tonight or go home and eat a good meal and hit the practice area?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

To go out and party as I'd planned tonight or go home and eat a good meal and hit the practice area?

Tapping till 12-21-2012
Gop out and party!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Uhh... Go party dude

Interesting coincidence...

A thread pops up this month, and there seem to be a lot of inflated post counts. Hehe. Maybe I should post more too...

Just remembered I have a bachelor party weekend in Myrtle Beach next weekend. Snap

Interesting coincidence...

A thread pops up this month, and there seem to be a lot of inflated post counts. Hehe. Maybe I should post more too...

Meh...grin and bear it. Everything is clear here at good ol' THP!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Searching for Bobby Fischer is one of my favorite movies

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back