Once You Go Yellow (or Orange) You Don't Go Back...Do You?

Golfer_LD

Reaction score
Handicap
I've recently started playing yellow golf balls, Srixon Z Star and Bridgestone E6, and I have really enjoyed the visibility and the durability with these. I'm even thinking of trying out some of the Bridgestone E6 in orange. What I'm wondering is, of those of you who have started playing a ball that is a color other than white (so pink and purple and whatever color included) do you ever feel a desire to go back to white? Is there a time where you find white balls to be more visible than a yellow or orange ball? Just curious what the thoughts currently are about using the unconventionally colored golf balls.

I don't see any advantage to any color, but I prefer white because it's what I'm used to.

I'll be honest, it's been difficult for me to play a white ball after playing a yellow Srixon (first the Z Star X and now the XV) for such a long time. I feel more comfortable with a yellow ball and it's so easy to differentiate between my ball and those of my playing partners.

I can flip flop between the two colors without much issue. If it's really overcast, I prefer the white balls though. I find them easier to see in flight.

I'll be honest, it's been difficult for me to play a white ball after playing a yellow Srixon (first the Z Star X and now the XV) for such a long time. I feel more comfortable with a yellow ball and it's so easy to differentiate between my ball and those of my playing partners.

This is me, I play the B330-RX and just like that I can tell my ball from all others in the group at a glance as we approach our tee shots. I will play white balls when I am playing a practice round alone.

I flip flop, but since I switched to the Burner 2.0 TP I've mainly played white balls. For some odd reason the yellow ball just looks weird next to that white driver head. I figure the last thing I need is one more thought running through my head before I tee off so I've kinda stayed away from the yellow. I really do like the yellow golf balls though.

If I buy balls, then I purchase colored ones. I prefer them, particularly when trying to find them in the rough or when I come up to a group of clustered balls.

I find so many white ones though, that I play them the vast majority of the time.

I played the orange and yellow last year, and it reminded me of my youth when if you weren't playing a colored ball (especially orange) you were not cool. But after the season I chose to switch back to white. I guess the novelty of it wore off for me.

I really liked playing the Pink Bridgestone RX that came out last Fall. They weren't always the easiest to see, but the color was too cool to pass up.

I have been playing the yellow B330-RX all season. First round after the Morgan Cup I put a white one in play and did not care for it. I like the yellow and plan to stick with it.

I've been using a yellow, pink, white, and orange ball for the last year. I have no problems changing colors. I do prefer the yellow B330RX, but I can switch without any issues.

I switched from white e6 to yellow e6. I don't think I would go back to a white ball for awhile unless I'm trying out a new model/brand. Although, I still putt with a white one.

I'm playing the Yellow Srixon Z-Star and Z-Star SL, and I've taken to the new Callaway Tour Chrome in Yellow as well. I prefer playing with the yellow balls because I can see them in flight better and I can find them in the rough more easily. In order for me to feel comfortable playing a white ball now, I really need to have it's characteristics match up well with how my swing is acting that particular day. So in particular, I will play any of the three balls mentioned in white, and I like the Bridgestone B330-RX and Titleist Tour Distance balls that are available at Costco. They're straighter off the tee for me than the Z-Stars, so if I'm having trouble keeping the ball in play, then I'm happy to play whichever color I think I can keep in front of me the easiest.

I play with white. But I would like to try out an orange ball.

I can play either one and dont have any issues going back to white, pink, yellow or orange.

Well, I did... I was playing the yellow Srixon Z-stars until I found the Callaway Black. Now, I guess it would sound funny to get the black in yellow! I did like the color of that Z-Star!

I was playing the Srixon Q-star and then the Z-Star XV in yellow for a while, and recently just switched to the Callaway Hex Black. The switch back to a white ball was really weird at first, and still something feels a little bit off, but it has just been performing so well for me (new PB with this ball), that I think I will get over it.

but hey...if they release the Hex Black in yellow like they have done with the Chrome, I will go back to a yellow ball in a heartbeat.

I really like the 330RX in Yellow and used them most of the Spring and only recently switched back to a white ball in the 330RX-S. The reason for switching is that the greens at my home course have firmed up in recent months and I need the extra spin. Not only that, but with all the leaves falling from the trees due to the drought/extreme heat, the yellow ball gets harder to spot. From now through December, pink balls would be an excellent choice and I'll more than likely game the pink Lady Precepts before long... just like I did last fall.

I never thought I would like yellow or orange but after playing the e6 in yellow I find it hard to go back. As others have said they are easier to see and usually different from other member of your group.

I haven't played a colored ball since I was a kid... Maybe I'll buy a dozen yellow and give'um another try

I picked up a dozen yellow Q-Stars last weekend, really liked them.

Only problem is, its hard to find a yellow ball in dandelions and yellow leaves. I will be switching back and forth between white and yellow now, dependant on which will show up better that day.

I like playing the yellow balls.
Except in the fall.

I had a friend of mine give me a sleeve of the yellow Srixon Z Star's at the beginning of the year and have played yellow ever since.

When the cotton is falling I use yellow, after that I go back to white.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Back