Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty good list. A number of fine drivers. Do you have a place to hit them close by?

I can always do some indoors at a GS. That'll be adequate since I'm not making a huge investment since I find reasonablt comparable results with most stock.

..and I just OEM'd a Cleveland 588 Forged MB pitching wedge. I was thinking of replacing my i20 PW with another 588 Forged wedge, and then it was like all of a sudden...I had an order placed for a 588 MB PW, -.25", 1* up, 1* strong, KBS Tour stiff.

I hit some 588 MB scoring irons at a demo day and loved them, and then kind of forgot about them...and now I own one. hahah. sweet.

MetalX ponder - check
ecco biom ponder - check
razrx 3w ponder - check

wedge ponder time! :)

Went to GS and stroked a few with the Anser driver's 8.5 9.5 10.5...man, should learn to stay at home! As I was leaving I saw the guy who sold me the Nike's and asked if he got the irons in yet, crap...hit the 7 demo and it was nice. Not $1400 nice compared to the CMB's, but nice.

Asked him if there was anything they could do with my Nike shafts, he called Nike, no luck. Going to put them on the bay and if nothing, he will pull the shafts for free and I can sell those PXi 6.5's by themselves and keep the component. If that happens, ponder begins on replacement shafts for those with upcoming releases...woot!

The exquisite hats on display in Carolyn Gibson's Mt Albert hat shop Le' Chapeau have caused millinery devotees to literally swoon with delight.

That's a serious ponder! WTH

The exquisite hats on display in Carolyn Gibson's Mt Albert hat shop Le' Chapeau have caused millinery devotees to literally swoon with delight.
For one customer, the excitement of a trip from Australia to select hats for her two daughters to wear to the races proved too much and she was left recovering, prone on the workroom floor, awaiting medical attention.
Undeterred, she had the ambulance make a quick detour to a cash machine and several large gold hat boxes containing Carolyn's creations were loaded in alongside her as she headed to hospital for a check-up.
But it's not just customers looking for a unique, handcrafted hat who Carolyn caters for.
If you fancy making your own headpiece for a wedding or the racetrack, Carolyn will give you all the techniques needed during a 12-hour course held over either two Saturdays or several weekdays. Or for a hen's party with a difference she can help the bridal party create something beautiful to wear on the wedding day in a few hours on a Saturday. Carolyn will teach any hat style, including felt, as well as those special tips and tricks needed to create a professional finish.

Her own training began in the early 60s, two days after her 15th birthday, when Carolyn started an apprenticeship with Christchurch firm Ascot Millinery. Four years later she was a master milliner and continued her millinery career in the "big smoke" of Auckland. The trend for big hair that saw hats fall out of fashion had Carolyn switching to hairdressing. She kept her hand in, occasionally teaching fashion design students and creating mother-of-the-bride headwear for the bridal salon she opened.
Then, in a move she describes as her "last kick at the cat" Carolyn opened Le' Chapeau nearly three years ago. She runs the courses, preferably one-on-one, over the business's quieter months between late March and October.
"There are a lot of people out there who would really love to make a hat. I don't teach them anything that I think they can't handle," says Carolyn.

In Carolyn's workroom the day Weekend Life visits, millinery student Anne Somers-Edgar is putting the finishing touches on a hat she will be wearing to her niece's Sydney wedding. A dozen delicate pink silk flowers Anne has handcrafted are ready to embellish a cute black pillbox-style hat.

Soooo, either your pondering hats, oorrr it's time for someone to bring down the hammer.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

i'm pondering hammer time!

Impondering a 64* wedge. Anyone game one and what do you think?

$60.00 for a Cleveland Classic w/ Stock Stiff. How do I pass this up? I cant.

Damn bro! Just make sure that theres 2 s's in Classic when you get it haha

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

MetalX ponder - check
ecco biom ponder - check
razrx 3w ponder - check

wedge ponder time! :)

Cally X Forged?

Mashie F5....check

Next up....Callaway Razr X 5h

Damn bro! Just make sure that theres 2 s's in Classic when you get it haha

60 bucks thats insane

Me too WE! Don't make me play an 8.5 driver again!! Haha

Still looking for a bag Jr?

Not really an equipment ponder. I'm just pondering what time I'm going to Roger Dunn tomorrow to pick up the Anser!

And then I'm pondering who's gonna be able to take the ahina out of the adapter without ruining the ferrule to slap in the Kusala Black. Should any good club builder be able to do that?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Grips. I actually love the stock cords on my PINGS but I need something for my Pro Combo's....

Wanna go with something other than the NDMC , something with a little more feel.

Not really an equipment ponder. I'm just pondering what time I'm going to Roger Dunn tomorrow to pick up the Anser!

And then I'm pondering who's gonna be able to take the ahina out of the adapter without ruining the ferrule to slap in the Kusala Black. Should any good club builder be able to do that?

No, especially when it's plastic. Cobra does the same thing with the construction so that it's designed to melt in the heat so it can't be reused. I've never seen a club builder get around it. If it's partially metal like the Razr Fit, then yes, a good builder has a decent chance of getting it off and be able to reuse it. Doesn't work everytime though.

Grips. I actually love the stock cords on my PINGS but I need something for my Pro Combo's....

Wanna go with something other than the NDMC , something with a little more feel.

Nothing better than tour velvets. Cords or non.

You will get to sample some at the Tour Van Event.

I cannot wait to try out grips at the tour van as well. So naive to the right size and lack of experience with other grips. Hopefully that is solved during the stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back