THP Fantasy Football League #1 Draft Lottery

Were you able to do a 16 team one? The 12 team leagues make it hard to get a feel for what will be around come your turn.

no just a 10 i am gonna do a 16 later tonight. i need to figure out my keeper for my other league and wanted to see how things worked out with it.

Finally sat down and started a plan of attack. This is gonna be fun and very interesting. 1st round, stud QB or very strong RB? Defense and PK's start coming into play in what, 7th round, 9th round?

Not looking for answers just kinda giving an idea what is running through my head right now.

Anxiously awaiting tomorrow night!!

Only tip I'll give you cookie, Pks and Defs typically don't come into play until the last few rounds(others may go for them early on like round 11-13) but hold off on the temptation. But that's just my opinion from my experiences.

Thanks, I appreciate that! Will definitely be fun to follow week to week and smack talk, etc. I will obviously learn about trading and waiver wire as things progress.

At this point, I am just trying to get an idea of what round to draft what position. I would like to follow a general philosophy and get the best available at that point (magazine helping to determine who that is).

Think I know better to go after specific players since they are likely to already being taken, unless I have a must have sleeper in mind that I wanted to pick up in the later rounds.

General question for anybody: obviously you only start 1 defense and 1 PK - do most people draft 2 of those to cover a bye week or do they only draft one and trade for one when needed? Feel free to PM me if that is talking more strategy than should be discussed here.

How long does my 0-fer streak last here? LOL

Thanks, I appreciate that! Will definitely be fun to follow week to week and smack talk, etc. I will obviously learn about trading and waiver wire as things progress.

At this point, I am just trying to get an idea of what round to draft what position. I would like to follow a general philosophy and get the best available at that point (magazine helping to determine who that is).

Think I know better to go after specific players since they are likely to already being taken, unless I have a must have sleeper in mind that I wanted to pick up in the later rounds.

General question for anybody: obviously you only start 1 defense and 1 PK - do most people draft 2 of those to cover a bye week or do they only draft one and trade for one when needed? Feel free to PM me if that is talking more strategy than should be discussed here.

How long does my 0-fer streak last here? LOL
Cookie- for me, I usually drop and pick up kickers multiple times per season. It's a kicker. I probably had 4 or 5 different ones last year. As far as Defenses go, in a 16 team league, it's not a bad idea to grab a second Defense late in the draft just in case.

Just a tip here; But when drafting, dont be stuck to having to take one position at a certain point. If there is a Tier 2 WR still there, dont settle and go for a mid-Tier 3 RB just because you need one. Draft good value in players, it can help later in the season for trades.

Were you able to do a 16 team one? The 12 team leagues make it hard to get a feel for what will be around come your turn.

footballguys.com has a 16 team mock

Makes perfect sense Ryan, thanks for that.

Man, I am freaking stoked for tomorrow night! Wife will be out with the girls and I will have 3 screens going with various info - sweet!!

As long as I get Visanthe Shiancoe and Christian Ponder, I will be good to go.

I am thinking I am going to do this at the office tomorrow night. We have someone staying with us at home, and I do not want to be bothered or told I am being anti social.

Maybe you could call Chunky into work so he "HAS" to draft.

Haha I was thinking the same thing! Might have to happen

HA! If I thought that would work for him I would do it.

Haha I was thinking the same thing! Might have to happen

I'll be here, so let me know. I will even be able to call you from the work # so it will show up on the caller ID.

For working hard?!

This is cracking me up! Chunky, if Mrs. Chunky found out, you would be dead.

I think she might actually be more pissed at me than him. She expects it from him.

24 hours folks!!

24 hours folks!!

think im done my first cheat sheet for tomorrow. had to color code it with different highlighters and pen colors so when i get drunk with Hanks tomorrow i don't screw up and pick 4 kickers.

think im done my first cheat sheet for tomorrow. had to color code it with different highlighters and pen colors so when i get drunk with Hanks tomorrow i don't screw up and pick 4 kickers.

Id be more worried about getting drunk with Hanks and him thinking you were a cart girl.

Id be more worried about getting drunk with Hanks and him thinking you were a cart girl.

he is making me dinner too, if i walk in and see lit candles im bouncing!

he is making me dinner too, if i walk in and see lit candles im bouncing!

HAHAHHA. Those are just his Seance Candles for his love of all things Sanchez.

I just got the email saying our draft is tomorrow night. I'm getting pretty excited.

HAHAHHA. Those are just his Seance Candles for his love of all things Sanchez.

lol yeah i bet he has jets candles, i bet he will tebowing the whole time too. i'm sure he will tell me its one of his stretches to help his back heal.

Steal JB's phone and I have an app you can download. It's free and for some reason not on iOS (or not that I can find)

Between that and VA Vince texting you your draft is doomed. Just auto pick it out dude

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Back