Mizuno Golf shoes

lopsta5

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,
Ive found these Mizuno golf shoes and think they are very nice and stylish. They are Mizuno Light Style 031.

Im just wondering if anyone has them? Are they comfortable and good at waterproofing. Ive never had any mizuno gear so not sure if they have quality equipment or is it midrange.

Thank you for any help.

LS-031-Mens-Black.jpg

I have never seen Mizuno shoes on any US based websites. There are a handful of Japanese based sites that you can find them on though. I honestly don't think these are available in the US. I could be wrong though

Nice looking shoe!!

Where you are located, you may have a chance to purchase them, unfortunately for us in North America, Mizuno has not entered the golf shoe market. Nor will they anytime soon. I have a par of Mizuno golf shoes that are the same as those, but 1 season prior. They are good shoes. They are not my favorite for comfort, and frankly not really in my top 5 for what I reach for, but there is nothing wrong with them mind you. If they are comfortable to you when trying on, give them a shot.

Those are nice! I have a pair of the running shoes and I enjoy them. That sucks that we can't get the golf shoe here, they look pretty cool. Do you feel they are sized accurately JB?

Those are nice! I have a pair of the running shoes and I enjoy them. That sucks that we can't get the golf shoe here, they look pretty cool. Do you feel they are sized accurately JB?

They are close. They run sizing similar to my Puma shoes. I actually like their running shoes quite a bit.

Where you are located, you may have a chance to purchase them, unfortunately for us in North America, Mizuno has not entered the golf shoe market. Nor will they anytime soon. I have a par of Mizuno golf shoes that are the same as those, but 1 season prior. They are good shoes. They are not my favorite for comfort, and frankly not really in my top 5 for what I reach for, but there is nothing wrong with them mind you. If they are comfortable to you when trying on, give them a shot.

Im in New Zealand. They are available locally, i might have to invest in some i think.
I didnt know you guys dont get Mizuno shoes over there, sorry about that.

Im in New Zealand. They are available locally, i might have to invest in some i think.

They are definitely very sharp looking shoes IMO. I don't understand why we don't either - we can purchase Mizuno clubs but not footwear? :confused2:

They are definitely very sharp looking shoes IMO. I don't understand why we don't either - we can purchase Mizuno clubs but not footwear? :confused2:

I was told it had something to do with sponsorship issues with tour pros.

No reason to be sorry at all.

Lots of reasons actually, and it all comes down to money. There are 3 markets in N. America that many companies want no part of in a grand scale.
Footwear
Golf Ball
Putters

They are dominated by companies that spend millions and millions of dollars to be "the most used on tour" and other fine slogans. Breaking in has been impossible without huge funding and because of that choose to market elsewhere instead.

No reason to be sorry at all.

Lots of reasons actually, and it all comes down to money. There are 3 markets in N. America that many companies want no part of in a grand scale.
Footwear
Golf Ball
Putters

They are dominated by companies that spend millions and millions of dollars to be "the most used on tour" and other fine slogans. Breaking in has been impossible without huge funding and because of that choose to market elsewhere instead.

The first two don't surprise me, the last does seem a little surprising. It seems that there are alot of smaller companies that do decently well for themselves. Seemore, NC (although I guess they are owned by Cleveland now), Yes, Rife (although those two were recently sold), it also seems every major OEM outside of Adams and Mizuno has a pretty successful putter line.

The first two don't surprise me, the last does seem a little surprising. It seems that there are alot of smaller companies that do decently well for themselves. Seemore, NC (although I guess they are owned by Cleveland now), Yes, Rife (although those two were recently sold), it also seems every major OEM outside of Adams and Mizuno has a pretty successful putter line.

If you look through your line, that you named, you will see just 1 that succeeded.
SeeMore and frankly they failed and came back.
All others did not make it and were acquired. In fact Yes and Rife were on the brink of just going away.

If you look through your line, that you named, you will see just 1 that succeeded.
SeeMore and frankly they failed and came back.
All others did not make it and were acquired. In fact Yes and Rife were on the brink of just going away.

You are right, and I thought about that as I was typing it. Still seems like a much easier market than footwear (FJ, Nike, Adidas own that market) or balls. Like I said most of the major oems have a pretty successful putter line plus the boutiques.

The point is, those Mizunos look sweet and I want some.

If you look at the numbers, the definition of successful would be quite different unfortunately.

Good points JB, I surely don't know enough about the industry to understand the costs involved.

But, I still want them. Ha

I can understand the marketing costs and all of that, but I still wish there was a way to perhaps offer them web only through mizunousa.com. I mean, they have the apparel on there.......seems like they could put shoes on there also. But anyways, I understand your point.

Their are places to purchase them online if one chooses. They will be a ridiculous premium for that choice though.

Wow, I just did a quick google and a couple pairs look really really good, a couple not so good lol. I'm a pretty big fan of Mizuno stuff and I really like these.

Are Mizuno shoes sold in the UK and continental Europe? I may be making a trip over there next summer, and I would be interested in grabbing some Mizuno merchandise while I am there. (Of course, the exchange rate may keep me from pulling the trigger. Buying in Pounds can be harsh.)

Those looks nice. I've seem them worn by a guy in the UK on YouTube. Made me wonder if I could get them here in the US as I have a pair of running shoes and love them.

Tapatalk on iPhone4S

Those looks nice. I've seem them worn by a guy in the UK on YouTube. Made me wonder if I could get them here in the US as I have a pair of running shoes and love them.

Tapatalk on iPhone4S

Mark Crossfield by chance? That's where I first noticed the Mizuno golf shoes and wondered why they weren't available to us. Very nice looking shoes.

Mark Crossfield by chance? That's where I first noticed the Mizuno golf shoes and wondered why they weren't available to us. Very nice looking shoes.

Yep. Let's get stuck in. LOL

They remind me of their turf shoes for baseball. Great shoes btw....

Looks like TourSpec sells them (as well as other import products) http://www.tourspecgolf.com/product_info.php?products_id=3545

Pricey at $205. Maybe I'll see what eBay has to offer.

Interesting thing is this info graphic suggesting that moving the spike direction will help promote a ball flight. Not sure about that but interesting non the less:

Mizuno_2011_R_Performance_Golf_Shoe_45KM-0240-20120903-120111.png

A few companies state things such as that. Here is the kicker though, how do they know if someone is RH or LH. And how bad would the ball flight be if you are reverse.

Back