The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Sweet looking house Nate!!!

Holy shnikees, Nate.

I was going to post the house we're looking to buy, but dayum......

Holy Crap Nate, thats a small house:alien:

Stone and brick work completed on the outside:

8a45cf1c.jpg

648f79f6.jpg

Moving right along!

Wow! We'll have to have a THP get together at your palace one day. Very impressive.

Nate -- You got a castle not a home here dude :bulgy-eyes:!

It's our dream home and we've been planning it for sometime. I'll be dying in this home.

Very Nice House there Nate. My wife and I have been looking for a new house for a couple months now while we prepare ours for the market. Id like to vent that preparing a house for the market SUCKS, but today is the day that it finally makes it to the market. I cant imagine how difficult its going to be to keep it in tip top shape with 2 kids running around. I sure hope it sells fast, but Im also thinking, why sale it, its perfect now.

The only update that I have is that the driveway to our future homesite is now graded, graveled (20 loads) and looking good. Now we just need to add utilities and a house!

Very Nice House there Nate. My wife and I have been looking for a new house for a couple months now while we prepare ours for the market. Id like to vent that preparing a house for the market SUCKS, but today is the day that it finally makes it to the market. I cant imagine how difficult its going to be to keep it in tip top shape with 2 kids running around. I sure hope it sells fast, but Im also thinking, why sale it, its perfect now.

I hear Greg! KellyBo and I have been prepping ours for a while now and apparently it worked as we have a contract on our house now.

I hear ya Greg, I have a 3.5 and 1 year olds at home and once we put ours on the market in the next couple years I have no idea how we'll keep it nice!!!

I hear ya Greg, I have a 3.5 and 1 year olds at home and once we put ours on the market in the next couple years I have no idea how we'll keep it nice!!!

Pfffffft You should try it with 5 cats and a dog :bulgy-eyes:

That is the trick! We had 3 little girls so imagine that! We ended up getting a storage unit and taking a lot of "crap" over there to it. We would get a call and had to clear out in 45 minutes so a showing could occur. It was tough. But worth it in the end. Good Luck!

Holy crap man.. That house makes the one we are building look tiny.. Building a house has been the biggest headache I've ever had.. I sure hope it's all worth it in the end. Anyway congrats Nate!

Holy crap man.. That house makes the one we are building look tiny.. Building a house has been the biggest headache I've ever had.. I sure hope it's all worth it in the end. Anyway congrats Nate!
We live in Texas jacob1! Hey, those 3 girls take up a lot of space with all their stuff! It's a little more out in the country which added to the size we could built. Anything south of Plano would have doubled our price! I know what your talking about with the headaches but we have had a pretty good builder on our side. He had helped out a ton and has been very trustworthy. His son is the PM which has helped out a bunch too. I will not be doing this process again....that is for sure.

Dude nice pad Nate. That thing is gorgeous

We live in Texas jacob1! Hey, those 3 girls take up a lot of space with all their stuff! It's a little more out in the country which added to the size we could built. Anything south of Plano would have doubled our price! I know what your talking about with the headaches but we have had a pretty good builder on our side. He had helped out a ton and has been very trustworthy. His son is the PM which has helped out a bunch too. I will not be doing this process again....that is for sure.
Yeah. The one we are building is out in the middle of no where also, which is the way I like it. We went with smaller house and more land. We bought 80 acres two years ago and started the house this spring.. I will probably never build another one. I'm sure once it's all done it will have been worth it. Good luck with the rest of your build.

I'm trying to make it nice enough to entice JB and GG to make a DFW stop in the next couple of years so they can swing by!

I like your thinking. Looks like there is even a spare for me in there somewhere as well. Thanks

I like your thinking. Looks like there is even a spare for me in there somewhere as well. Thanks
We'll see how our caddy/player relationship is after our round before we move to the next step.

We'll see how our caddy/player relationship is after our round before we move to the next step.

Good call. As of now, no white jump suit packed, yet.

Very nice house Nate. You should be proud. And a 3-car, or should I say, 2-car-1-motorcycle-multi-bicycle-dad's-wkshop-1-project-car-kids-sports-equipment garage. The one thing I wish my house had.

Best of luck with it.

Since this thread is active today, I'll throw this out there: has anyone gone through a kitchen renovation? I think that's what we're going to do on our new place in the winter or spring, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible about the process before we get started. My wife and I are not handy at all, so we won't be doing it ourselves. For that reason, we're trying to figure out a budget, but there are so many variables out there that I'm not sure where to start (ex. size of kitchen, part of the country where you live, how nice you want the furnishings to be, etc.). Is it a process where you talk with a renovation person and then they give you estimates, or do you come to them with a target budget in mind and then they do designs based on that budget? If you don't want to clutter up this thread and PM me, feel free to do so as well. I'm just looking for some real-world experiences as opposed to what you see on TV.

Yeah. The one we are building is out in the middle of no where also, which is the way I like it. We went with smaller house and more land. We bought 80 acres two years ago and started the house this spring.. I will probably never build another one. I'm sure once it's all done it will have been worth it. Good luck with the rest of your build.

That is the route that we went, planning to build on 37.5 acres. It's not quite in the middle of no where, since it's only a mile or so from town. Then again, some would argue that our town is still in the middle of no where. And they would have a legitimate argument! Haha.

Back