What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B330 S.

Not a fan of that golf ball, I cant play and get rid of those suckers fast enough. I just have SO many of them... Soon theyll be gone :)

B330 S.

Not a fan of that golf ball, I cant play and get rid of those suckers fast enough. I just have SO many of them... Soon theyll be gone :)
why dont you trade them in the market place?

Because with shipping and stuff it's just a hassle. Im down to my last few dozen so Im not to worried about it.
why dont you trade them in the market place?

I dont sell things online or trade things online because I hate shipping things and being around the post office or whatever. Just a personal thing

I have been playing Nike balls for quite sometime, SFT and NDX Heat. I really enjoy them I really think they fit my game well.

I'm just curious if anyone has played the Titleist NXT Tour S, I wanted to know how they do in side spin off the driver compared to other Tour Balls. And how they compare to the Pro V 1 and Callaway Hex Chrome In spin and distance?

I am still playing the Callaway Hex Black Tour...it's going to be tough to get that ball out of my bag now...it just fits my game.

Still playing the gamer V2.

I'm just curious if anyone has played the Titleist NXT Tour S, I wanted to know how they do in side spin off the driver compared to other Tour Balls. And how they compare to the Pro V 1 and Callaway Hex Chrome In spin and distance?

DB, I can't comment right now as compared to other Tour balls right now as to side spin since I haven't really played any in awhile but I can get them to stop and occasionally back up a little with wedges and depending on the iron I can get them to stop pretty much where they hit or with in a foot. As for chipping,you have to factor in the roll because they will roll out and not check that well. I do get pretty good distance with them and my driver SS is 93-96 MPH. Hope this helps a little.

Played the Gamer v2 for 9 and the Hex Black for 9 yesterday. I really really like them both quite alot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played two balls I've never really played before today, both found on the course.

First up is the Penta TP5. I liked this ball a lot. Nice distance off the driver. Nicely straight off the driver. Good into the greens and off the putter. I putt in squarely in the same class as the Hex Blacks and RX 330's.

Second was a ProV1. I was surprised how much I liked this ball. The ball was great into the greens. I hit a 60 yard SW to about 5 feet and it stopped on a dime. A wedge from 100 hit and rolled back. It was plenty durable and I thought the ball was good off the tee.

Two factors keep me from playing either ball in the future - cost and the fact I've got about 5 dozen Hex Blacks. But if by chance I luck into some of them I'd definitely game either.

I played 18 today and played ok shot a 82 right around what I usually shoot at my home course. I played a prov1x on the front and mixed in a top flite gamer on the back as I had some left from last week. The top flites played a little better for me this time, but I noticed something strange I felt like I ballloned and lost some distance off the tee yet my short iron yardages were off and at least 10 yards longer on approaches. This seems weird to me shorter off the tee and longer off approach shots. The shortness and balloning off the tee is why I switched from the E6 and B330rx to the B330 and prov1x. Just dont understand why the gamers are so long off the short irons?

I played the Srixon Z Star Yellow today and even though it felt good off all the clubs, I feel it has a little too much spin off the driver and tends to balloon a little in the wind. I feel I also lost some distance off the driver with it also. My yardage with the irons seem to be normal and I did enjoy the ability to be able to stop the ball a little faster with chips around the green. It also stopped or backed up a little more than my current favorite ball the Titleist NXT-S. I am still going to play the Z Star's until I lose them all just to give them a fair shake.

I am still playing the Callaway Hex Black Tour...it's going to be tough to get that ball out of my bag now...it just fits my game.

I have been using them my last couple of rounds and I'm really liking it. I bought another box today.

I played the Nike One Tour again my last round and remembered again why its my favorite ball ever. Just a great great ball and I will be playing it for the next long long while.

I played the Srixon Z Star Yellow today and even though it felt good off all the clubs, I feel it has a little too much spin off the driver and tends to balloon a little in the wind. I feel I also lost some distance off the driver with it also. My yardage with the irons seem to be normal and I did enjoy the ability to be able to stop the ball a little faster with chips around the green. It also stopped or backed up a little more than my current favorite ball the Titleist NXT-S. I am still going to play the Z Star's until I lose them all just to give them a fair shake.

I thought it got really good distance off the driver. But I am interested to compare it to the Z Star XV

I was getting ok distance with it off the driver but nothing exceptional or anything plus since it had a little extra side spin, I think it lost a little there also. I played an XV I found about a month ago and it felt pretty hard to me, I think you need to have a swing speed +100 to really compress that ball.

I played the TaylorMade Burner. It's an okay ball, but did not get as much spin on the greens as others. They also roughed up rather quickly and not a cart path was hit... I would not buy them again...

And?

Did it float?
i love that ball but it sounds like its hard as a rock but it isnt and it flies forever
played it again today mixed in with a couple of nike vapor blacks

It was windy today pulled out the E7. Like this ball in the wind.

Trying to decide between a few balls right now.
Bridgestone fitted me for the E6.
But I think I've got some of the side spin reduced off the driver with the swing changes I've been working on.

So I've been playing the Hex Chrome and really like the feel of those.

Bridgestone online fitting puts me on the E6, but didn't like it as much as the titlest nxt tour. Tried the E5 after finding one and I like it more than the nxt tour so far. And like the price better than the pro v1 or Bridgestone 330rx, both of which I have played and liked. I seem to hit the E5 further than all of the above except maybe the rx, it's close to the same for what it's worth.

Today I played the e6 from the tour van and I loved it. Forgot how got dang good that ball is. Yesterday I played the e7 and it was really good in the wind. Both excellent balls.

Today I played the e6 from the tour van and I loved it. Forgot how got dang good that ball is. Yesterday I played the e7 and it was really good in the wind. Both excellent balls.

We made a great call on the e7 for yesterday's round. The wind was brutal and the e7 held its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back