Bridgestone J40 Wedges

I am thinking the same thing. Maybe 46*/52*/58*?

I think if I had a 46* PW I would go 5* in between personally. If you wanted to flop one, you could still open a 57* to do it. Problem is that if you wanted a 4 wedge set up, which I like, with B-Stone I don't know if you could bend one far enough to get a 46*/51*/56*/61* set up...

I think if I had a 46* PW I would go 5* in between personally. If you wanted to flop one, you could still open a 57* to do it. Problem is that if you wanted a 4 wedge set up, which I like, with B-Stone I don't know if you could bend one far enough to get a 46*/51*/56*/61* set up...

Wouldn't be an issue because the most bedning you would do in that scenerio is 1*.

I am thinking the same thing. Maybe 46*/52*/58*?
your PW is almost 46
This is my problem. I my take the 50* out of the bag for a while and put the J40 3+ in the bag. Eventually I need to find something at 18* but that is for another thread.
You looking to get a 3+?

This is my problem. I my take the 50* out of the bag for a while and put the J40 3+ in the bag. Eventually I need to find something at 18* but that is for another thread.

I'm still debating the 2h with the same shaft we have in our other hybrids

your PW is almost 46

You looking to get a 3+?

Right my PW is 46*. I bought a 3+ when I found out I was a Bridgestone staffer to test some shafts and because I wanted to get my hands on some J40 goodness.

I'm still debating the 2h with the same shaft we have in our other hybrids

Me too buddy. Love that combo.

What is your current set-up?

PW: 47
GW: 50 (I never use this club)
SW: 54 & 58

I'm thinking a 52/53 and 58 in the J40's. My playing partner last night had them and I kinda cheated on my wedges a few times. Liked what I felt too.

Wouldn't be an issue because the most bedning you would do in that scenerio is 1*.

Brain fade, forgot you could get a 60*. I was thinking would have to go from a 56/58* up to a 61* by bending.

PW: 47
GW: 50 (I never use this club)
SW: 54 & 58

I'm thinking a 52/53 and 58 in the J40's. My playing partner last night had them and I kinda cheated on my wedges a few times. Liked what I felt too.

Nice! Logic appears sound to me.

These wedges look killer, and the black finish makes them look like the "Wedges of Doom".
I can vouch for the DG Spinners as I have them in my wedges. They perform as advertised and feel great. I doubt I'll ever buy wedges without them now.

I am stoked to hit these at the tour van stop, all the Bstone staffers were throwing darts with these!

Thinking and needing wedges. I have gaps to fill and know what I need to do, just dont know which. I now only have the J40 PW and an old 60deg which I am hitting well, but I would like a set of the J40 wedges to compliment the irons. The main problem is the same problem with their other clubs, none around to test.

Another solid round in this weekend for my J40 56˚. I lean pretty hard on my 56 as it's my primary wedge around the green and it payed off on Saturday. Nothing spectacular just solid, boring results. There were a few misses, but those were me more than the club. One sand shot all day. Was so wet that it was soupy. Went down after it and was rewarded with a 5 foot par putt. Still pondering adding another one of these to the bag.

Over last weekend I played different wedges that I just never really adjusted to. Yesterday I got back out for 9 holes with these in the bag and man did I appreciate them even more. I tried a a couple pitch/chip shots with my 58 yesterday, 1 worked out horribly, the other was within a few feet. It's still not a shot I use all that often as I lean more on the 54 for those shots. I've yet to find a wedge that could make me want to replace these.

Still loving my 56˚. I've been practicing a higher pitch shot lately where I open the face a bit, aim left and hit my normal pitch shot. Sends the ball up a little higher and sits a little softer. Love the versatility of this guy. Still seriously pondering another one of these for the bag.

Bump for a great wedge. My 56˚ saved my butt a number of times yesterday. Only had one bad chipping/pitching hole all day. Left myself with a lot of makable one-putts after missed greens. Didn't play well overall on the front, mostly due to errors off the tee, but it would have been way worse if not for my short game. Have a lot of confidence with this wedge in my hand.

With tonight's announcement I wanted to bump some of the J40 threads. What a terrific line-up they put out this year.

Howzat,

What announcement???

I've made amends with my wedges and they seem to be a strength of my game now. If I could only get off the tee like I was for the first few months with this driver lol.

I love these wedges. Especially since I added the 52* bent to 50*. Filled my gap nicely.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

The 54* is my go to club around the greens and it served me will at the Iowa tour stop. Still having some issue with the 50* (bent from 52* and the 58*). I have found I don't really have the need for the gap wedge as I am very comfortable going from PW to 54*. In the bag right now I have dropped it in favor of another fairway metal. The 58* I tend to catch thin and feel the 54* is so versitile that I really only use the 58* on a limited basis. The short game is going to be my main focus going into the next morgan cup as it is really the weakness of my game right now, but I am hoping some hard work will help me get the most out of these versitile wedges.

I'm loving all the wedges. Since getting the 52* bent to 50* the gap I had is gone. I hit the pw pretty long which is what caused the gap. They cut thru the rough unbelievably well. If I get handsy on greenside chips its bad. But I'm working on that. If I need a good roll out on my chip boom I grab the 50* if I really want to stop it while short chipping then I use the 58* the 54* is my versatility club. Chips that have some rough to carry or over a bunker etc. And still need roll out after it hits. Is what I use the 54* for. Love the wedges.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

I've had enough time with my J40 58* that I've decided to go ahead and order a 54* to go with it. :)

I've had enough time with my J40 58* that I've decided to go ahead and order a 54* to go with it. :)

Very nice! 54* is by far the most used wedge in my bag. Use it for almost everything within 75 yards and also green side. Perfect combination of carry/run out around the greens for me.

Back