Bridgestone J40 Wedges

Confidence is a great thing. It seems like I finally get mine back with wedges right before the snow starts to fly. I think there is a learning curve to these wedges due to the sole. Early in the year I was trying to adapt my swing to the yardage and now I am really playing by feel and seeing some positive results.

My sand wedge is starting to get the awesome rust dot on the club face. I love this! I did have a problem with some glare off the face of my 60 the other day. Can't stand that.

that's why I like darker finished clubs

My sand wedge is starting to get the awesome rust dot on the club face. I love this! I did have a problem with some glare off the face of my 60 the other day. Can't stand that.

Talking to Jskittle about these after the STL event and how he went out after and picked some up got me interested in swinging the one in Ohio. I believe it was a 54. I liked how the weight of the head felt, and paired with the DG Spinner, the whole thing just felt smooth when I took swings with it. I will be adding a 54 and 58 to my bag in the very near future.

those are interesting wedge shafts and grips

601072_10151248965177106_1685525179_n.jpg

Indeed. Can't see for sure but they look like the collegiate wedge shafts that Cleveland offers on their custom wedge site. I really like the spinners in the J40s, but I'd consider a little OSU pimpage if I were to grab another...

Indeed. Can't see for sure but they look like the collegiate wedge shafts that Cleveland offers on their custom wedge site. I really like the spinners in the J40s, but I'd consider a little OSU pimpage if I were to grab another...

I liked the spinners in my wedges prior to these, but I'm very happy with the KBS Tour shafts in my J40's. And I agree on those shafts, they look like those collegiate shafts to me. Can't wait to find out what they actually are.

I dont know if Id go spinner or KBS, but I think I'll be in all-kbs irons so may as well keep the smooth going throughout the bag.

I liked the spinners in my wedges prior to these, but I'm very happy with the KBS Tour shafts in my J40's. And I agree on those shafts, they look like those collegiate shafts to me. Can't wait to find out what they actually are.
If I had gone with the KBS wedge shafts vs the Spinners, I am fairly certain the J40 wedges would still be in my bag.

I dont know if Id go spinner or KBS, but I think I'll be in all-kbs irons so may as well keep the smooth going throughout the bag.

that was my line of thinking and I really like how it worked out for me.

If I had gone with the KBS wedge shafts vs the Spinners, I am fairly certain the J40 wedges would still be in my bag.

What didn't you like about the Spinners?

What didn't you like about the Spinners?
For me, paired with this wedge head, I found them to be inconsistent. My ball flight was never the same, and my distances with them were unpredictable. I hit Ddecs at the MC for a few swings on the range last July, and there was a noticeable difference for me in terms of feel and ball flight.

For me, paired with this wedge head, I found them to be inconsistent. My ball flight was never the same, and my distances with them were unpredictable. I hit Ddecs at the MC for a few swings on the range last July, and there was a noticeable difference for me in terms of feel and ball flight.

maybe not the right thread for this, but if you end up with something like the tour 90's in your bag for the mc will you try to pair those shafts in your wedges too given the option?

maybe not the right thread for this, but if you end up with something like the tour 90's in your bag for the mc will you try to pair those shafts in your wedges too given the option?
I have the Tour 90 wedge shafts in my wedges right now, and if it's an option for me, I believe I will go the same route.

When getting the Tour 90s, I talked with the guys at KBS a good bit, and we agreed that keeping a similar weight from irons to wedges would be something that really helped my wedge game.

I love my buckeyes!

I havent hit the wedges much beyond a few swings in Myrtle so Im not sure what route Id personally go. NCAA theme would be cool, but not at the cost of inconsistency issues

I have the Tour 90 wedge shafts in my wedges right now, and if it's an option for me, I believe I will go the same route.

When getting the Tour 90s, I talked with the guys at KBS a good bit, and we agreed that keeping a similar weight from irons to wedges would be something that really helped my wedge game.

making me think here, hmmmmmm. Next set which i am strongly looking at are the Mizuno JPX-825 pro, with like wedges all in the KBS line.

I kept the same in my irons and wedges for the past 5 years in my Epons , Nippon 1150

Been thinking wedges lately. Black Ox? Yes please. I think I'm pretty decided on my finish choice. Now comes set composition. I'm almost definitely going to go from my PW to 52/58. I love the Variable Bounce Tech. It's a great sole design that really can cover all shot decisions.

I will probably try and get a little heavier head as it comes standard at D4 and I think I want D6 at least. I love the amount of bounce that comes with these. I don't really think you can have too much bounce. Now we talk shafts. I was a big fan of the spinners when I had them in a set of wedges. Felt like they gave me some solid spin. Would look into the KBS Hi-Rev if available and also Aerotech/Recoil if available.

Been thinking wedges lately. Black Ox? Yes please. I think I'm pretty decided on my finish choice. Now comes set composition. I'm almost definitely going to go from my PW to 52/58. I love the Variable Bounce Tech. It's a great sole design that really can cover all shot decisions.

I will probably try and get a little heavier head as it comes standard at D4 and I think I want D6 at least. I love the amount of bounce that comes with these. I don't really think you can have too much bounce. Now we talk shafts. I was a big fan of the spinners when I had them in a set of wedges. Felt like they gave me some solid spin. Would look into the KBS Hi-Rev if available and also Aerotech/Recoil if available.

Would u NCAA wedge it?

dude, the offer still stands. I have a whole bag of Bstone stuff you can use

dude, the offer still stands. I have a whole bag of Bstone stuff you can use

We need to get together and trade some stuff!

Back