Hole of The Day: Video Edition

Yoccos, turn that hat around and put those J40's back in your bag. Time to shape up man.

LOL Wake! I par'd that hole man! 5i, PW all day son!

I can't play the J40's as well as the i20's. The shafts arent a good fit. :(

Nice putt...

Played a 54 hole golf marathon on Wed for my brother Joel's YoungLife ministry (http://www.ministrysync.com/event/website/?m=1067018) had a blast. We played our own ball for the first 18 (http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=2285971) and then we played two person scramble the rest of the day. This hole was around our 40th hole for the day and a dog leg left.

[video=youtube;4ENXS-3T3kg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ENXS-3T3kg[/video]

Hole number 12 at the club is in the opinion of many, the toughest hole on our course. I don't think so since we have #16, a par three than can play 225 into the wind over a bunker...but that is for another video.

Here is the twelfth hole. I hit a mediocre drive down the right side then hooked the second shot into a big oak which is maybe 40 yards short of the green. It needed to hook around the oak to get to the flag but hit into the top of the tree instead, I got really lucky, the ball went through. It usually falls down or sometimes kicks right which is OB. Bottom line, bogie is not too bad on this hole. My average on #12 for over 150 rounds this year is 4.5 with only 8 birdies, 70 pars, 48 bogies and 17 double bogie or higher.

Nicely done...and 54 is a lot of holes in one day!!!! :D

Thanks. We played all par 3s twice everytime we got to one. Made it 22 holes around one time instead of 18 so that made things faster.

Nice putt...

I was channeling Geoff Mangum lol

Hole number 12 at the club is in the opinion of many, the toughest hole on our course. I don't think so since we have #16, a par three than can play 225 into the wind over a bunker...but that is for another video.

Here is the twelfth hole. I hit a mediocre drive down the right side then hooked the second shot into a big oak which is maybe 40 yards short of the green. It needed to hook around the oak to get to the flag but hit into the top of the tree instead, I got really lucky, the ball went through. It usually falls down or sometimes kicks right which is OB. Bottom line, bogie is not too bad on this hole. My average on #12 for over 150 rounds this year is 4.5 with only 8 birdies, 70 pars, 48 bogies and 17 double bogie or higher.

Nice bogie with what you had to deal with. And not a bad record for that hole!

jeremy - already wearing jackets up there...it's only September! Nice hole. Looked like fun!

lefty - you should visit the chutting thread, that could have saved you there! Ha!

jeremy - already wearing jackets up there...it's only September! Nice hole. Looked like fun!

lefty - you should visit the chutting thread, that could have saved you there! Ha!

It was just a pull-over. The wind made it just a bit cooler that normal. Plus it was in WV hills in the morning.

I agree lefty should have pulled out the chutt!

Great looking HOTD Lefty! My only question is, what the heck is that big fan on the back of the green? I've never seen anything like that.

Good hole lefty....I could tell by that dance you did that you missed the par putt.....

Great looking HOTD Lefty! My only question is, what the heck is that big fan on the back of the green? I've never seen anything like that.

We have those at our course and they are used to dry out the greens and keep them free of debris.

The large fans are used in the heat/humidity of southern summers to circulate air for bentgrass greens. When it gets really hot workers have to hand water the greens periodically all day long as well as keeping the fans running. That is why many, many courses across the south are changing to the mini bermuda greens. I'm afraid we will have to change within the next couple of years. The bermudas thrive on heat and humidity. No fans needed and tree removal is necessary to keep sun on the greens all day. The fans weren't on today, it was only 71. It won't be long before they are taken down and stored for the winter.

There are two fans on that green but the one on the left is hard to see, that green is very deep.

It was just a pull-over. The wind made it just a bit cooler that normal. Plus it was in WV hills in the morning.

I agree lefty should have pulled out the chutt!

You guys are probably correct but I am much more comfortable with a wedge as long as the ground is firm and lies are tight it is just a case of using what I'm more comfortable with. Most of the time I get it lots closer with the wedge than putter. That pitch was much more uphill than it appears in the video so a less lofted wedge would have been better, the next hole I had that kind of pitch was #17 and I had a six inch tap in putt.

You guys are probably correct but I am much more comfortable with a wedge as long as the ground is firm and lies are tight it is just a case of using what I'm more comfortable with. Most of the time I get it lots closer with the wedge than putter. That pitch was much more uphill than it appears in the video so a less lofted wedge would have been better, the next hole I had that kind of pitch was #17 and I had a six inch tap in putt.

Go with what you are comfortable with. Nate likes the texas wedge and I like the bump and run so putting seems like the right choice to us.

Another great hole Lefty, and at least you gave the par a good run. :D

I haven't played Cherry Hill in quite awhile, but I do remember that hole quite well. I grew up in Fort Wayne and my parents still live there and play Cherry Hill and Autumn Ridge quite often, I think Autumn Ridge is a private course now. Looks like you guys had fun!!!!!

Alright! Thank for putting that up skittles! Had a blast with you guys! We could have played a little better that day but still a great time.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Nice video guys! That course is beautiful, and that was a nice bird bullfrog.

Second HOTD at Cherry Hill with topdogg and bullfrog.

http://youtu.be/ZR8h3EY97hk

Sorry, Canadan I'll landscape next time. Haha. Only took me three weeks to jam these clips together and upload em.

I will add that I put balls in the water on both HOTD videos, that might be a record.

Second HOTD at Cherry Hill with topdogg and bullfrog.

http://youtu.be/ZR8h3EY97hk

Sorry, Canadan I'll landscape next time. Haha. Only took me three weeks to jam these clips together and upload em.

here I was talking all these putts are gonna break left a little. And the only one that did was my little par putt. Lol. Thanks for posting those Skittle. We need to play soon!

Back