Cobra AMP CELL Irons Preview

What irons are you playing? I can't see your sig. I just dig the clean look.

Cobra S2. Virtually the same shape (or so apparent by the pictures). Only difference is mine have a black elastomer insert in the cavity.

Cobra S2. Virtually the same shape (or so apparent by the pictures). Only difference is mine have a black elastomer insert in the cavity.

Snap man! I'll have to look them up. I love the look of these. I'm hoping they sit well at address. I quite liked the Amped Forged.

These look really sharp. The satin finish is fantastic. I'm skimming here, but what shafts are available with this set?

These look really sharp. The satin finish is fantastic. I'm skimming here, but what shafts are available with this set?

Dynalite 90's my friend.

These actually look really nice - I am not a fan of the difference color options on irons but that is nothing that would stop me from making a purchase. I do like the silver the best. Remind me of the S2's from Cobra a little bit. I may not love the color on all this new stuff, but the clubs all look very sold and traditional. Looking forward to giving these a test .

If I was a betting man, I'd say that these will be similar in size to the S3's or regular AMP. S3's were a decent looking iron at address. A little thicker up top and some offset, but nothing extreme.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that these will be similar in size to the S3's or regular AMP. S3's were a decent looking iron at address. A little thicker up top and some offset, but nothing extreme.

I'd hope they look more like the Amp. THe topline gave the appearance that it was pretty thin. It was a sweet looking iron at address.

For some reason I can't see the AMP in my head. I remember the forged version pretty well.

See, I would think they would be around the size of the AMP Forged (or is that what you are talking about?)

No, my guess is that they'll be bigger than the forged. I know the graphic makes them look smaller, but that doesn't always mean much. The 588's looked tiny in the computer generated graphics compared to real photos. The tech language makes me think GI. That's all just a guess though.

I'm thinking Amp forged a bit

I'd hope they look more like the Amp. THe topline gave the appearance that it was pretty thin. It was a sweet looking iron at address.

No, my guess is that they'll be bigger than the forged. I know the graphic makes them look smaller, but that doesn't always mean much. The 588's looked tiny in the computer generated graphics compared to real photos. The tech language makes me think GI. That's all just a guess though.

It's a good point. I'm just hoping. Fan of minimal address distractions and whatnot.

See, I would think they would be around the size of the AMP Forged (or is that what you are talking about?)

I'm crossing my fingers!

It's a good point. I'm just hoping. Fan of minimal address distractions and whatnot.

I'm crossing my fingers!
I hope so dude. I loved the AMP Forged, they were one of the big surprises for me at Demo Day.

Im wondering if the different colored heads come with matching colored grips?

I cant wait for in hand pics, I am hoping for a thin topline, but could easily see it being the other way

I'm crossing my fingers!

I hear that buddy. I'm curious to see how the white on that first one stands out in person as well. At first, I thought it was all silver, but I figured it out after a closer look.

I hope so dude. I loved the AMP Forged, they were one of the big surprises for me at Demo Day.

Man I hope they give you an option. I could see an Orange head with Navy grips! The Forged was a nice surprise. Through a Modus 3 shaft in there and I'd be extremely happy.

I hear that buddy. I'm curious to see how the white on that first one stands out in person as well. At first, I thought it was all silver, but I figured it out after a closer look.
Is it white? It looks all silver?

The AMP forged were sweet and felt really good. If that is any indication of how these feel. I might need to retire the i20's already

Really liking where Cobra seems to be heading this year. These look sick, though I'll reserve final judgement for in-hand pics. I like the silver the best...

The closer I look at it, the more the badge looks white to me. I am not sure though

Man, these are really smart looking irons. I'd love to play these!

Cobra is really doing well with these new product releases. The only miss I have seen out of their new releases is the $2K Ferrari driver... but that's a different story.

Sometimes it looks like a white badge surrounds the logo to me. I honestly can't figure it out.
Yeah, I could see that part of the design being white. Maybe a bright chrome or something?

I hit those in S+ in Iowa and LOVED them. I was shocked.

I hit those in S+ in Iowa and LOVED them. I was shocked.
Yeah man, they were impressive. Good feel, good ball flight, and I was hitting them a bit further than my DPCs...could be a loft thing though.

Back