Ryder Cup Contest - THP & KBS & Official 2012 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

World #1 found some great coattails to ride!

There is only one word to describe Ian Poulter. GOD!!!!!!

Tapped via tapatalk

That I didn't know. I thought if someone went out of order, the other team could make them rehit.

We only need 4.5 points. We should get that easily in singles.

That I didn't know. I thought if someone went out of order, the other team could make them rehit.

It's different for this. Not sure on the specific rules though

But in this format you can elect to have your teammate go first even if they're closer. It's all about which team is away, then a choice from there.
Correct, you can then go twice before the other team can putt.

2 great final matches.

Not in this format. That's why Dufner putted before ZJ and Poulter on 18 even though he was closer.

Basically as I understand it, when all on green the team that is away can have either player putt first. If the closer player putts first then the same team is "still away" and will putt twice in a row before the other team can putt.

Another great day of golf. For the US to come out 4 points ahead in team play is a great thing, regardless of those last two matches. So many great matches today.

Bubba's GOTTA go out first tomorrow. Fire up that crowd on the first tee box again. Hell I'd put Bubba 1 and Simpson 2 tomorrow. Zach Johnson or Keegan Bradley would be my anchor I think.

Basically as I understand it, when all on green the team that is away can have either player putt first. If the closer player putts first then the same team is "still away" and will putt twice in a row before the other team can putt.

Okay this is what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.

We only need 4.5 points. We should get that easily in singles.
Go wash your mouth out with soap for saying such things. Never jinx a good thing!

I do now.

Rule 30-3(b)Order of Play
Balls belonging to the same side may be played in the order the side considers best.

ian frikken poulter 5 birdies in a row

great final group today. although pouts is freaking scary when he makes a putt.

Tomorrow will be awesome. I am almost sad that I will be playing at 1:00 though!

Bubba's GOTTA go out first tomorrow. Fire up that crowd on the first tee box again. Hell I'd put Bubba 1 and Simpson 2 tomorrow. Zach Johnson or Keegan Bradley would be my anchor I think.
This is DLIII we are talking about. Bubba first, Keegan second, 3-11 in some order and Tiger anchor. He hasn't gone off script yet, be shocked if he started now.

I send out Keegan first. I like ZJ in the anchor spot. I would stack groups 6-10 with guys like Phil, TW, Webb, Furyk. I'm throwing Bubba out 4 or 5. Just in case EU gets some early noise.

Back