Wow. I don't even know what to say about that. So sad all the way around. Sad for the animal, sad for the pet lover and sad that there are children in this world who are so broken that this kind of behavior seems like an appropriate response to them.

The article says "It is unclear whether she was returned to the same foster home following the incident." I would certainly hope not, losing a pet is traumatic enough without having to deal with the child who has huge behavioral problems.

Isn't every generation scared about the future generations? I think in today's media infused world, we just hear about more, rather than just not knowing about it. People don't say anything about how great this world is on track after a kid does something way mature for his age.. Slightly off topic but either way, this sickens me as well and I am not backing that kid, just don't think it a portrayal of the younger generation by any means

You could very well be correct... It doesn't ease the discomfort however, of a society where there is no conflict resolution skill

Isn't every generation scared about the future generations? I think in today's media infused world, we just hear about more, rather than just not knowing about it. People don't say anything about how great this world is on track after a kid does something way mature for his age.. Slightly off topic but either way, this sickens me as well and I am not backing that kid, just don't think it a portrayal of the younger generation by any means

I agree that the media is playing a role is us hearing more about these instances now.

You have to wonder what happened to this kid that made her think this was the correct response to the situation. I think to many people like the idea of having kids but don't want to be parents.

I agree that the media is playing a role is us hearing more about these instances now.

You have to wonder what happened to this kid that made her think this was the correct response to the situation. I think to many people like the idea of having kids but don't want to be parents.

For the kid to be in foster care there would have to be circumstances that kept the real parents from keeping custody. My wife used to work with foster kids and the stories she would tell me were gut wrenching. The abuse some of these kids go through, physical, mental or sexual is beyond belief. Amazes me that more don't go off the deep end.

So if it is the parents that cause the delinquent kid, than it THAT generation, not the kids :alien: kidding kidding..

We had a foster child growing up a year older than me for 5 years and gave him an awesome opportunity for a second chance at life but it just didn't work out, he was set in his own ways as a result of feral alcohol syndrome. It's sad, but i could have seen him do this and he had an exceptional foster family

True...

Interesting topic of discussion as to how much of this type of issue is nature and how much is nurture

There is always going to be the nature vs. nuture arguement when it comes to kids. Was it the environment or was the kid just wired wrong? The sad part is you will never know in some cases.

Interesting topic of discussion as to how much of this type of issue is nature and how much is nurture

There is always going to be the nature vs. nuture arguement when it comes to kids. Was it the environment or was the kid just wired wrong? The sad part is you will never know in some cases.

Guess we were on the same page.

This may be a bit much for this thread in the open forum, anyway this could be moved to the Debate Room?

That does sound like one of those B horror movies!

That does sound like one of those B horror movies!

Exactly!! First thing I thought of when I read that was "MegaShark Vs. Crocasaurus" on the sci fi channel

I give you failage.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/15/3456327/i-485-drag-race-ends-with-crash.html

Troopers say a pre-arranged drag race on Interstate 485 ended with a crash overnight that left two people injured and one man facing a host of charges. The vehicles were going well in excess of 100 mph, authorities say.

Neither occupant of a minivan that overturned and briefly burst into flames was seriously hurt, according to the N.C. Highway Patrol. The crash happened on the ramp from the inner loop of I-485 to northbound Interstate 77, but authorities say the series of events started earlier, when two men apparently got into a debate into which of their vehicles -- a white Mercedes and the minivan -- was fastest. Troopers told reporters that a woman who stopped at the scene of the wreck told authorities she overheard the two men arranging earlier, the race while they were at a restaurant in southern Mecklenburg County.

A trooper who was helping another motorist on the side of I-485 said he watched the two vehicles race by, and he estimated their speeds at about 120 mph. The trooper got into his vehicle to pursue the two racers and came upon the crashed van a short time later. The van had clipped a guardrail on the exit ramp and overturned. The driver of the Mercedes apparently didn’t stop.

The Highway Patrol has identified the van driver as Julius Massey, 34. Troopers say he will be charged with drag racing, DWI, and other offenses.

This is from Cleveland:

It was in Jackass 3D. Those movies are nothing but challenges to the American College students.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Nanaimo+woman+stunned+ticket+leaving+windows+open/7308270/story.html

Nanaimo woman stunned to get ticket for leaving her car windows open

Tara Ludvigson thought somebody was playing a practical joke on her last week when an RCMP officer walked into her workplace and tried to give her an $81 ticket because she had parked with her windows open.

"I looked around and wondered where the 'Candid Cameras' were," the Woodlands Secondary School office worker said.

It was a hot day and Ludvigson parked where she normally does, and left her windows open. The Nanaimo Mountie later came into the school asking who drove the blue car next to the school liaison officer's parking space. Ludvigson, who has parked at the same place for approximately seven years, told the officer it was her car, and he wrote her a ticket for leaving her vehicle "unsecured."

"I said, 'What?' and he told me I was in violation of Section 191, subsection 2 of the B.C. Motor Vehicle Act," she said. "That's when I really became upset."

Ludvigson says she asked the officer why it was illegal to park with her windows open. She said she'd never heard of anything like that before.

"He told me ignorance of the law is not an excuse."

The officer then pointed out that her doors were unlocked.

"I said, 'If I'm leaving my windows open, why would I lock the doors?' I've been parking in the same spot for years and when the weather is hot, I leave my windows open. I have never heard of anything so ridiculous."

Neither had friends and colleagues, who told her they frequently park in familiar places with their windows open.

"About 99 per cent of the people that I have talked to about this don't know about it," Ludvigson said, adding she wanted "to educate some readers who may not know that it is a crime to leave your vehicle parked with the windows left open."

"I think this is a sad time when police officers in Nanaimo have no real criminals to find but have time to ticket hard-working people who park their vehicle to go into work, leaving the windows open on a hot day," she said.

Ludvigson previously owned a convertible and can remember leaving her rag top parked in public places with the roof down with no repercussions.

"To me, that's a lot less secure than leaving your windows down."

The officer eventually changed the ticket to a warning and Ludvigson will not be fined.

© Copyright (c) Nanaimo Daily News

HOWARD JOHNSON INN: A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of breach of peace at 4:57 a.m. Saturday. The man had been in an argument with a 58-year-old man in the inn’s parking lot. He was asked by officers to stop yelling, which he did. Then he started to yell profanities again. Officers arrested him. He admitted he had been drinking and smoking spice. Officers found a substance which appeared to be spice in the man’s pocket and he smelled of alcohol. During the incident, the man urinated and defecated on himself, Owens said. His blood alcohol content was 0.138.

Seriously guy, we need a better effort. Crapping your pants at 0.138? You're better than that!

Winner Winner Cockroach Dinner!!

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012...an-dies-after-eating-roaches/?partner=popular

DEERFIELD BEACH — A West Palm Beach man died after winning a roach-eating contest, the Broward County Sheriff's Office said Monday.
Immediately after eating dozens of roaches and worms, Edward Archbold, 32, said he wasn't feeling well and began to regurgitate, according to the sheriff's office. About 30 contestants ate the insects during Friday night's contest at Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach about 40 miles north of Miami.

The grand prize: a Python.
Archbold, 32, of West Palm Beach became ill shortly after the contest ended and collapsed in front of the store, according to a Broward Sheriff's Office statement released Monday. Broward Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Archbold to Broward Health North, where he was later pronounced dead.. Authorities were waiting for results of an autopsy to determine a cause of death.
"Unless the roaches were contaminated with some bacteria or other pathogens, I don't think that cockroaches would be unsafe to eat," said Michael Adams, professor of entomology at the University of California at Riverside, who added that he has never heard of someone dying after consuming roaches. "Some people do have allergies to roaches," he said, "but there are no toxins in roaches or related insects." None of the other contestants became ill, the sheriff's office said.

There was no updated phone number listed for Archbold in West Palm Beach. "We feel terribly awful," said store owner Ben Siegel, who added that Archbold did not appear to be sick before the contest. "He looked like he just wanted to show off and was very nice," Siegel said, adding that Archbold was "the life of the party."

Siegel said Archbold was selling the exotic prize to a friend who took him to the contest. A statement from Siegel's attorney said all the participants signed waivers "accepting responsibility for their participation in this unique and unorthodox contest." The bugs consumed were from an inventory of insects "that are safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles."

Back