The THP Invitational Golf Tournaments

Healthy dose of wishful thinking here:

Per JB's response to my question (on the Atlanta Invitational thread) SoCal sounds like it could, I say again could, be a future event site if we can increase the membership in the region.

That being said, there are some really nice courses in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area that could easily support an Invitational when most THP'rs are snowed in for the winter. Time to start recruiting so we can become viable.

I like Palm Springs. Keep in mind however, just because we cannot make it out there, does not mean you cannot come to one of the other stops or the Ultimate Weekend of Golf in Orlando.

I like Palm Springs. Keep in mind however, just because we cannot make it out there, does not mean you cannot come to one of the other stops or the Ultimate Weekend of Golf in Orlando.

So true... I made the Iowa tour van stop (IOWA!!!!) and made each of the last 3 outings and going in 2013 for sure!!

We have quite a few THPers from SoCal ( and NoCal for that matter), the problem is that many of them are not as active as the members from other parts of the country. I do hope we could get something for THP out in this neck of the woods but alot of things need to be considered and thought about when choosing a location.

Yep, we seem to be a fairly quiet bunch. IRRC You were part of a successful SoCal gathering and there is a NorCal gathering planned for next month. Maybe, if we are able to keep these local events going it will bring our "silent majority" out of their lurking mode. I definitely agree that it takes alot more then wishful thinking, and some great courses, to be worthy of a THP event.

Yep, we seem to be a fairly quiet bunch. IRRC You were part of a successful SoCal gathering and there is a NorCal gathering planned for next month. Maybe, if we are able to keep these local events going it will bring our "silent majority" out of their lurking mode. I definitely agree that it takes alot more then wishful thinking, and some great courses, to be worthy of a THP event.

Happy to help in whatever way I can.

Oh, I would love to attend any of the tour events (even Iowa) or even better The Outing. However, the wife (currently a non-golfer though she just signed up for lessons) determined that she preferred a cruise over a golf trip. It appears that certain contractual work issues will clear up in time for me to be available for the 2014 Mogan Cup. Until then I am limited to Sat/Sun events.

If there are to be more of these Invitationals are they going to be announced one at a time or will a list of locations be revealed? Also will they happen one at a time i.e. when #1 is done then #2's location and time will be revealed and so on.

With all the details of the ATL stop now out I can't wait to see if one of these will be close enough for me to attend and compete, looks like a ton of fun!

We have quite a few THPers from SoCal ( and NoCal for that matter), the problem is that many of them are not as active as the members from other parts of the country. I do hope we could get something for THP out in this neck of the woods but alot of things need to be considered and thought about when choosing a location.

I agree with this. I know from my perspective, if the events were more accessible it would certainly encourage more participation. Its disappointing to hear about all these great outings, events and competitions and know that they are simply halfway across the country and beyond. Now please don't take that as complaining, I certainly understand why THP HQ (& subsequent events) are where they are.

What I really like about the California membership is that we have taken it upon ourselves to meet up and have fun on the course. It would be awesome to have an official THP event on the west coast. White Rhino, lead us to glory!!

If there are to be more of these Invitationals are they going to be announced one at a time or will a list of locations be revealed? Also will they happen one at a time i.e. when #1 is done then #2's location and time will be revealed and so on.

We will have a list of events at some point I am sure.

Great. Hopefully the first one is a huge success. Once a list is created it will help a lot with planning. I'm tempted to buy a ticket to ATL. But with a list we'd be able to choose a location that best fits our schedule and budget.

Sorry for the double post. Taptapatalked that.

Last edited:

Great. Hopefully the first one is a huge success. Once a list is created it will help a lot with planning. I'm tempted to buy a ticket to ATL. But with a list we'd be able to choose a location that best fits our schedule and budget.

Arizona, Las Vegas, or San Diego would be awesome locations, but they are a little far for the WA/OR crowd.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Arizona, Las Vegas, or San Diego would be awesome locations, but they are a little far for the WA/OR crowd.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Fly in to Colorado for a get together haha. Will probably be playing a REALLY nice course.

I just wish there were cheaper flights!!

Another west coast vote here. Even traveling to AZ or NV would make for a great getaway.

Memphis is so close to being the center of the Universe! How about West Tennessee?

Rumor has it that THP will be announcing the 2nd invitational later on this week. Hmmmmm.

Rumor has it that THP will be announcing the 2nd invitational later on this week. Hmmmmm.

Can't wait to hear where!

awesome, missing out on ATL sucks, hopefully I can make the next or future one

Looking forward to hearing where the second invitational will be held!

Can't wait to hear more about this.

Back