What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
400g? Delcious. We're going to have to change the flange on mine to hit the 370 I want but that's ok.
I asked Chris if they could do Super Tuna instead of Machine on the Medallion. Would have loved to see the look on Dave's face when Chris went to ask him heh.

I think I'm going to get Birdie, their dog on the medallion instead of Machine, I really like that.

I bought some more Lamkin 3gen's to so I can get the rest of the PX6.0's War gave me on my irons with the 3gens. I had the 9i done to see what it was like and that combo with 3 wraps is cash money. Hoping to get grips in so I can play with the entire set this weekend.

So I know that I already posted that I finally got my Cleveland Classic 310 in the mail yesterday but I feel that I need to humble brag just a little about the incredible deal I got on it. I was going to trade in my Ping I20 3 wood and then use my birthday money to get my new 310 at the PGA superstore. They told me what value they would give me for trade in on my 3 wood. I knew that I could get like $10 more for it next door at Golfsmith. So then the guy got on his walkie and came back saying that they could do a double bonus on the trade in. That was like a day or two before they announced that deal to the world. So all said and done, I got a brand new Classic 310 driver for $93 cash money delivered to my door. Granted I had to wait 2 whole weeks, but I'll take that deal every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I can't wait to get it on the range this afternoon!

So I know that I already posted that I finally got my Cleveland Classic 310 in the mail yesterday but I feel that I need to humble brag just a little about the incredible deal I got on it. I was going to trade in my Ping I20 3 wood and then use my birthday money to get my new 310 at the PGA superstore. They told me what value they would give me for trade in on my 3 wood. I knew that I could get like $10 more for it next door at Golfsmith. So then the guy got on his walkie and came back saying that they could do a double bonus on the trade in. That was like a day or two before they announced that deal to the world. So all said and done, I got a brand new Classic 310 driver for $93 cash money delivered to my door. Granted I had to wait 2 whole weeks, but I'll take that deal every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I can't wait to get it on the range this afternoon!

Nice grab, you'll love the 310... It's a bomber!!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Well done. A new Classic 310 with a custom shaft (what shaft, by the way?) for an i20 3W and $93? That looks like a great deal, especially if you weren't using the i20 anymore.

I went with the Kusala Black 61X. It felt so smooth hitting the demo in that same combo. Like what I've been waiting for a shaft to feel like for a long time.

Well done. A new Classic 310 with a custom shaft (what shaft, by the way?) for an i20 3W and $93? That looks like a great deal, especially if you weren't using the i20 anymore.

Is it just me or is that not really a deal at all. You could get those drivers for like 150-175 an an i20 3wood sells for a hole lot more than 57-82 dollars used.

EDIT: The Kusala Black changes that a bit. Hope you enjoy the club!

Is it just me or is that not really a deal at all. You could get those drivers for like 150-175 an an i20 3wood sells for a hole lot more than 57-82 dollars used.

EDIT: The Kusala Black changes that a bit. Hope you enjoy the club!

The shaft changes it. The retailers are still keeping the prices of the new 310s w/ Kusalas relatively high. Getting it for $93 with a trade in is a good price, especially since the i20 is basically just collecting dust anyway.

I went with the Kusala Black 61X. It felt so smooth hitting the demo in that same combo. Like what I've been waiting for a shaft to feel like for a long time.

Last weekend I hit a 290/9/43s (my current club), a 310/10.5/61s and a 310/8.5/61x at PGA SS. You can really feel the weight difference between the 310/61 and the 290/43. I surprisingly did not like the feel of the 61x. I really liked the 61s, though, and I am really pondering a club change.

Last weekend I hit a 290/9/43s (my current club), a 310/10.5/61s and a 310/8.5/61x at PGA SS. You can really feel the weight difference between the 310/61 and the 290/43. I surprisingly did not like the feel of the 61x. I really liked the 61s, though, and I am really pondering a club change.
I agree. You really can tell the difference. I've hit the 270, 290 and 310 all side by side before and the difference is astounding. I went with the 61X because it was the most stable and smooth for me. I was getting really tight dispersion too. Granted that was on a indoor monitor.

I hit the Black 61s at the Outing and I remember it being very smooth and feeling it load up under my hands. I hit Canadans Black 61x last week and didn't get quite the same feeling with it, but i still it very well.

400g? Delcious. We're going to have to change the flange on mine to hit the 370 I want but that's ok.
I asked Chris if they could do Super Tuna instead of Machine on the Medallion. Would have loved to see the look on Dave's face when Chris went to ask him heh.

i know they do custom medallions. or have in the past. i really think after this one is complete i will spread my wings a little more on the next one i really wanted to get 1 first and see how much i like it before going super expensive on one.

i know they do custom medallions. or have in the past. i really think after this one is complete i will spread my wings a little more on the next one i really wanted to get 1 first and see how much i like it before going super expensive on one.

Looking like a SS M2A, modular SS CS neck, copper spacer, DB Bongo Back flange, copper medallion. All morning dew finish.

Looking like a SS M2A, modular SS CS neck, copper spacer, DB Bongo Back flange, copper medallion. All morning dew finish.

sounds close to my next purchase. except Carbon hot gun metal with copper insert and a flow neck hosel. i do think that finish will look great jman!

sounds close to my next purchase. except Carbon hot gun metal with copper insert and a flow neck hosel. i do think that finish will look great jman!

I think it just makes the most sense right now. Haven't decided on melting the bumpers or rounding the topline yet though. Might order a hand bent flow neck to go with it too.

I think it just makes the most sense right now. Haven't decided on melting the bumpers or rounding the topline yet though. Might order a hand bent flow neck to go with it too.

lol you will you figure out what melting the bumpers is. its just rounding them out right?

lol you will you figure out what melting the bumpers is. its just rounding them out right?

Yep, making all the hard edged a little more rounded. lol

I hit the Black 61s at the Outing and I remember it being very smooth and feeling it load up under my hands. I hit Canadans Black 61x last week and didn't get quite the same feeling with it, but i still it very well.

I was hitting into an indoor monitor, so the actual ball flight is anyone's guess. But, the 61x felt a lot harsher than the 61s. I was surprised by that, because I really liked the x offerings in the B Asha line at the outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back