Orlimar Introduces Premium Golf Balls

I put my like in.

Like and signed up. Thanks for posting this, can't wait to test these!

Its important to note that this is not the same Orlimar company from years ago. Well it is and its not. The name was sold a while back.

Its important to note that this is not the same Orlimar company from years ago. Well it is and its not. The name was sold a while back.

That's interesting. I saw on their FB page where it said founded in 1959. While that is technically still true, obviously things are a bit different now.

I just liked their page. I was like #103.

That's interesting. I saw on their FB page where it said founded in 1959. While that is technically still true, obviously things are a bit different now.

That is correct. While its not the same as a Nickent type of thing where a store bought the name, Orlimar was sold years ago and Jesse Ortiz who designed the clubs went on to create the Bobby Jones line, which I am not sure are still producing clubs right now.

Not to sound too negative, but I'm just not that interested. I see balls like this fitting into a $25 price range at the most for some reason. Same goes for Max Fli's new ones. I honestly think it has to do with the name. Add to that the fact that they are really just a brand name owned by a company that makes department store sets and I'm just not seeing a lot of value at $35. Just my initial impressions, whether it's brand/marketing biased or not.

Same here. I walked through GolfGalaxy and said "Im not paying that much for a Maxfli, and kept walking.
Not to sound too negative, but I'm just not that interested. I see balls like this fitting into a $25 price range at the most for some reason. Same goes for Max Fli's new ones. I honestly think it has to do with the name. Add to that the fact that they are really just a brand name owned by a company that makes department store sets and I'm just not seeing a lot of value at $35. Just my initial impressions, whether it's brand/marketing biased or not.

I think a lot of people will feel this way. Especially with two of the large manufacturers reducing costs of some of their premium balls. See Chrome and TP3.

I kind of agree, I already have a great ball that can be found for a great price. The ball market is so crowded and has so few big winners, it makes me wonder why it is so appealing to so many brands.

I liked them, was number 105 and look forward to giving these a spin and reporting back on the ball.

I kind of agree, I already have a great ball that can be found for a great price. The ball market is so crowded and has so few big winners, it makes me wonder why it is so appealing to so many brands.

The amount of money made on golf balls is staggering.

when I used to get a good discount at GG it was amazing what you'd get them for, and that was 10% over cost.

Which tells me the amount of money in each ball must pale in comparison to the price they're sold at.

"Unlike the majority of the urethane balls on the market that are made using a thermoplastic injection or rapid injection molding (RIM) process, the Orlimar 318UC utilizes a slow curing urethane casting process. This creates a very thin, very uniform, and very soft cover that can only be accomplished through this extensive process. The result is performance and feel characteristics that are only available in a few ultra-premium urethane golf balls on the market."

I liked the page but the bolded is lost on me. Does the average or above average golfer understand the process? If it spins and helps to lower scores is what will matter in the end.

I agree. It'll be nice to have another option though. Sometimes all this technical jargon turns me off.

I agree. It'll be nice to have another option though. Sometimes all this technical jargon turns me off.

lol I'm with you on that. Plus I like your usage of the word jargon

Which tells me the amount of money in each ball must pale in comparison to the price they're sold at.

Absolutely. Of course that does not cover R&D, but golf balls definitely get up their in terms of price. To think that some balls are nearing $50 a dozen now is staggering when you think about it.

Absolutely. Of course that does not cover R&D, but golf balls definitely get up their in terms of price. To think that some balls are nearing $50 a dozen now is staggering when you think about it.
Sure is and that is a price Im not willing to pay.

My dad used to work for Spalding, and he talked to guys in the sporting section and they said they made the most money by far off of golf balls. It's crazy.

Got em for S&G's. Interesting in trying new products

page liked

i just liked their page and signed up always enjoy trying a new golf ball out.

Interesting, the Tri-Metal was the last thing I remembered as well. Think we will see a new club line as well? As I recall, the Tri-Metal had decent success.

I used to demolish that Tri-Metal. Loved that club. It was a mini driver

318 Dimple Pattern
The 318 dimple pattern is aerodynamically designed to generate greater lift and achieve a higher launch trajectory and flight apex. This ball flight generates greater total distance through increased carry and roll.

Well this part, underlined and italicized flies in the face of conventional thinking. Someone educate me on the physics of this please.

If we hear about people who hit a higher ball rely on trajectory to stop their ball on the green in lieu of spin, then how can higher trajectory equate more roll out? Yes, one is referring to hitting a green vs fairway, but I'm still not seeing how it adds up. Perhaps the lift also plays a part in the flatter angle of descent as well?

Back