2013 Morgan Cup Videos Due 10/20/12

LOL I did not expect you to sit and time it dude, I am just confused why it takes some people 30 minutes to "hours" to upload videos and it only takes me a couple of minutes at most.

May be due to Internet speed....or lack there of.

You guys are nervous now? Just wait till they start announcing them 2 at a time each night! Hitting that refresh button every 10 seconds leading into the final minutes of the announcement having a bit if hope that your name might be posted. Not the first night? Start the process all over again starting the minute the names are released. It's a unreal feeling that 5 minutes before each announcement. So you guys are feeling it now.....just wait for announcement number 1....then 2....then 3.....

Want to talk about the last day of selections now???? Ha!!!

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^, I remember this last year...being online every night hitting refresh, then not seeing your name and doing it all again the next night....but I also remember the total rush of excitement the night I hit refresh and my name was there!!!!!!

I ran through the house screaming with my arms raised like Rocky...it was crazy!

You guys have a lot of emotion still to come......good luck to all that submitted videos...it's gonna be fun watching all of it unfold!

I made a comment early on about my videos and about how folks were taking so long on theirs. Well I must admit......it took a little over 1 hr and 1/2 for my bio video. I had a bout 40 takes before I got it right plus I was always over the 1 minute mark. Then I go do my promo video and it is 26 takes, including hitting myself in the head with my club!!

I will be honest, I did nothing flashy and it was straight and to the point. After reading some conversations and what some of you have said.......YES I am worried!!! But it can be a learning experience for the next one! Good luck guys!!

I made a comment early on about my videos and about how folks were taking so long on theirs. Well I must admit......it took a little over 1 hr and 1/2 for my bio video. I had a bout 40 takes before I got it right plus I was always over the 1 minute mark. Then I go do my promo video and it is 26 takes, including hitting myself in the head with my club!!

I will be honest, I did nothing flashy and it was straight and to the point. After reading some conversations and what some of you have said.......YES I am worried!!! But it can be a learning experience for the next one! Good luck guys!!

Ya I had never made videos like these before and it was a great learning experience. Taught me I need to start making videos more often for YouTube and such.

Felt way more confident doing the videos because of all the weight I have lost so far.

And I had about 30 takes for my bio because I could never get it under a minute. I my promo took one take and worked out awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Let the excitement of waiting for announcements begin! From then moment the first couple are announced until the last ones are announced it is going to be very nerve-racking around here. Good luck to everyone, I met a lot of great guys this weekend that would be GREAT Morgan Cup staffers, hope to see many of your names announced soon.

Ya I had never made videos like these before and it was a great learning experience. Taught me I need to start making videos more often for YouTube and such.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you here. It was alot of fun for me to mess around with iMovie and learn what it can do and then what I can do with it. I might go take a class on it and try to learn some intermediate or advanced stuff.

RG this is not directed toward you, but just a comment in general.

The process from here isn't something to be worried about. I fully understand excitement and anticipation at the selection process. I'm right there with you all. One of the things the viewing party taught me last year is what everyone has been preaching here...the message you send is much more important than the cinematic masterpiece you created. There honestly were entries last year where folks got in with a webcam video. Everyone now has submitted and our individual fates are just waiting out there on Youtube for the selection committee.

Whether or not I get in, I'm proud of myself for submitting an entry. If I don't get in, disappointment won't be the first emotion, because unlike a bunch of other THPers (for very valid reasons) I at least gave myself a shot. For everyone, selected or not, this is the beginning of the journey be it as a participant, volunteer, or forum supporter. The Morgan Cup from now until the post-event wrap ups is a very long journey, and the participants are going to need all of us to help them keep going. I know that sounds ridiculous to those who haven't witnessed the process, or who didn't pay close attention in the past, but it is very true. As long as we all do our job, we should be sitting around here a year or so from now anxiously awaiting selection for the 2014 Morgan Cup.

So we wait, some more patiently than others, and in the meantime, I applaud everyone who submitted videos and again wish you all luck in the selection stage.

I just have a feeling I'm gonna be a nervous wreck when the announcements start.

WR,

My g/f edited in windows movie maker, but I didn't upload them from there. I wasn't real sure how it would upload to YouTube from there. I knew the video needed to be unlisted and I knew how to do it right in YouTube. I was feeling the time crunch at that point and needed to do it how I knew best to do. At 11:45 when I started uploading the first video it went pretty quick...the second took forever to process. It loaded to 95% and then just sat there and sat there. I think that's why it took forever. I'm not sure on the internet connection speed, my neighbor leaves his hanging open, so i "barrow" it. Under normal circumstances i would use my LTE connection.

The process from here isn't something to be worried about. I fully understand excitement and anticipation at the selection process. I'm right there with you all. One of the things the viewing party taught me last year is what everyone has been preaching here...the message you send is much more important than the cinematic masterpiece you created. There honestly were entries last year where folks got in with a webcam video. Everyone now has submitted and our individual fates are just waiting out there on Youtube for the selection committee.

Whether or not I get in, I'm proud of myself for submitting an entry. If I don't get in, disappointment won't be the first emotion, because unlike a bunch of other THPers (for very valid reasons) I at least gave myself a shot. For everyone, selected or not, this is the beginning of the journey be it as a participant, volunteer, or forum supporter. The Morgan Cup from now until the post-event wrap ups is a very long journey, and the participants are going to need all of us to help them keep going. I know that sounds ridiculous to those who haven't witnessed the process, or who didn't pay close attention in the past, but it is very true. As long as we all do our job, we should be sitting around here a year or so from now anxiously awaiting selection for the 2014 Morgan Cup.

So we wait, some more patiently than others, and in the meantime, I applaud everyone who submitted videos and again wish you all luck in the selection stage.

Very very well said. I completely agree!!

AD, that was extremely well said and I completely agree. Sadly, I did not show as much support as i would have liked to for the past MCs. It really makes me wish I could go back in time and do better. This year is different. I think I've actually learned what the MC is really all about and I'm ready to jump in with both feet. Again, I wish I would've done this previously but the past is the past. Whether I get selected or not, I am going to support the heck out of the 2013 MC and do everything in my power to be there in July. Obviously I would rather be a participant, but I am excited for the 2013 MC either way and will give it 110% as a supporter if I am not selected.

White Rhino Smallville DawgDaddy
I upload directly to Youtube, from a good internet connection at home. It takes a few minutes for the upload. I used Sony Vegas software at the office to edit the videos I shot. Mostly done with my digital camera. It was all done in mp4 format.

Well done Donnie! Those are words to live by.

AD, that was extremely well said and I completely agree. Sadly, I did not show as much support as i would have liked to for the past MCs. It really makes me wish I could go back in time and do better. This year is different. I think I've actually learned what the MC is really all about and I'm ready to jump in with both feet. Again, I wish I would've done this previously but the past is the past. Whether I get selected or not, I am going to support the heck out of the 2013 MC and do everything in my power to be there in July. Obviously I would rather be a participant, but I am excited for the 2013 MC either way and will give it 110% as a supporter if I am not selected.

I thought about my participation as well. In or out of the Morgan Cup, I intend to be there. I have family there & I look forward to meeting as many of you all as I can.

Great post Donnie.....rep added

Being new around here, and getting in right as the MC 2.0 was about to kick off. I had to go back and dig through the prep and video forums and the submission forums to really get a good idea of what the Morgan Cup was all about. I mean, I spent hours digging through all the posts and just getting to know the golfers and see what the process is like. I think AD hit the nail on the head with his post. The MC's success relies just as much on the people not selected as it does on the people selected. The more excitement and interaction that is done between the Morgan Cupper's and the members on the website, the more successful the event becomes because that allows the sponsor's message to get out to the masses.

You may look at my post count and say, wow, only 120ish posts in 5 months. But I really took the time to go back and "study up" (for lack of a better term) when it came to understanding what the Cup is all about and when it came to applying, I knew and was ready to take on the title of a staffer and what it all entailed. I know that everyone who is selected (and probably everyone who has entered) is ready to make that commitment. It's so much more then just getting awesome golf equipment and your name on a staff bag. It's an obligation to your sponsor, THP and all the great members of the site.

Being new around here, and getting in right as the MC 2.0 was about to kick off. I had to go back and dig through the prep and video forums and the submission forums to really get a good idea of what the Morgan Cup was all about. I mean, I spent hours digging through all the posts and just getting to know the golfers and see what the process is like. I think AD hit the nail on the head with his post. The MC's success relies just as much on the people not selected as it does on the people selected. The more excitement and interaction that is done between the Morgan Cupper's and the members on the website, the more successful the event becomes because that allows the sponsor's message to get out to the masses.

You may look at my post count and say, wow, only 120ish posts in 5 months. But I really took the time to go back and "study up" (for lack of a better term) when it came to understanding what the Cup is all about and when it came to applying, I knew and was ready to take on the title of a staffer and what it all entailed. I know that everyone who is selected (and probably everyone who has entered) is ready to make that commitment. It's so much more then just getting awesome golf equipment and your name on a staff bag. It's an obligation to your sponsor, THP and all the great members of the site.

This. I'm in the exact same boat as you.

Tough to say things and contribute after a great post like that. Lol!

Tough to say things and contribute after a great post like that. Lol!

Hey, I appreciate the kind words. I just hope that if by chance some people who entered with 100-300 post counts get picked over some guys that have been here through two or all three MC application processes and have never got picked, that they can rest assured that the newer people that entered will be just as commited to the Cup as they would be.

I am by no means venting or anything. Just want people to know that I am not trying to get a free ride and really do appreciate all the sit ehas to give back.

Hey, I appreciate the kind words. I just hope that if by chance some people who entered with 100-300 post counts get picked over some guys that have been here through two or all three MC application processes and have never got picked, that they can rest assured that the newer people that entered will be just as commited to the Cup as they would be.

I am by no means venting or anything. Just want people to know that I am not trying to get a free ride and really do appreciate all the sit ehas to give back.

I completely agree. Even being new and like you said I did a lot of reading to figure out what it was all about, like most have said the volunteers and the supporters that did not actually play in it were more important to keep the spirit and support of the MC going.

Totally agree however you must admit that you begin to question what you did after the submissions. I was excited to do the vids but nervouse all at the same time. My wife applauded my efforts just because she said she didn't think that she could do it! I guess my reservations come from all the excitement from last year and everyone trying to do a little more to get in plus I know there are way better golfers than me that submitted vids. Yea I know, it's not about that but you still wonder....right?

Its not about the number of quotes or the lrngth of time you have been on the forum. Its about the message you delivered in your video spots. It's about showing you have the chops to rep a sponsor and the knowledge of what means to be a MCr. Understanding what THP is all about is to know the Morgan Cup, if you have that locked away some place safe....then you should be alright. Take one day at a time and don't get to far ahead of yourself. The Morgan cup is not an after work jog in the park, it's a full blown marathon with a few hills thrown in for good measure. It's a big responsiblity and an honor all at once. the remaining members of the MC, I have no doubt will do what has been asked. My hope is that they push those that have been there before and the 32 players take above the bar set in previous years.

I agree with what the new guys are saying about new guys getting picked, dont think you don't have as good of a chance as the rest of us, because you definitely do. But for people who have been here for a long time, they have a lot invested in this site. Time, money, outings, etc. So for us to get our gear and fill our responsibility would be second nature for us as core THPers to do our best. Furthermore, if things get tough and something happens where we might not be able to fulfill our responsibility, a member with tenure is more likely to PM JB and explain the situation and work out a solution.

People who have only been here a week or a month could very easily just take what they've been given and dash, as we have seen quite a few times. Although the long/drawn out/painfully exciting process of receiving clubs and gear over a lengthy period of time will minimize the losses(god forbid), I'd just hate to see something like that happen.

This is nothing the new guys should take personally and I'm sure you're all great dudes if you've found it to this paradise, but it truly is another dimension to look at things that becomes more clear when you've been here for a long time. That's why I applaud men like jrod who would've loved the process more than his own wife but was uncertain that he could fulfill the duties of an MCer this time around. Which I am also glad that I could see the first two MCs from the sidelines because I would've hate to have been that guy to fail my team or sponsors, but I now know that I would've been great at fulfilling my duties.

As one of the "newer" guys, I can only speak for myself. I didn't put an entry into the MC just for a club grab and to dash. Like others have said I also reviewed the prior MC cup threads and had to ask myself if I could fulfill the duties and live up to the tradition of the event before I submitted my entry. It was a resounding yes for me.

The quality nature of the event is what makes new guys want to enter, hope to get picked but if not, to stay on the site and follow along. Everyone that entered is somewhat invested and I'm sure excited about the 3rd MC.

For me personally it certainly isn't a club grab. I have much $$$ already invested in new clubs this year that I love and swing well. I'd be overjoyed if picked and I want to be for sure, but I'll be honest and transparent, it would be a little scary at first to get a whole new bag. That would quickly pass however.

I want to be in the MC for the camaraderie, team match play competition, and to see/feel what the pros experience by repping a sponsor to the best of my abilities, and to experience more of THP. Don't doubt that even though I'm newer that I don't want to be part of this for the same reasons that veteran THPers do. The event is just that awesome as everyone can see.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Back