Best Mid Price Range Golf Ball?

Velocity is good (had a round with them today)
They flew far even in wind
But and a bit but
It rolled a lot on the greens and a draw was a hook / fade was a slice . These balls exaggerated my fade and as a result, two went to swim in the sea
Only two left :(

Just tappin away

But and a bit but
It rolled a lot on the greens and a draw was a hook / fade was a slice . These balls exaggerated my fade and as a result, two went to swim in the sea

Just tappin away

Dang that sucks, titleist balls are freakin expensive! Just wondering what do you normally play with?

I played with the tour i(x), I'm still loving it, it's more durable than the prov1x and the spin is not too bad!

Dang that sucks, titleist balls are freakin expensive! Just wondering what do you normally play with?

I played with the tour i(x), I'm still loving it, it's more durable than the prov1x and the spin is not too bad!

Ha I play various balls but seem to fall back on rbz
Got pentas , Bridgestone fixs ,pro v1x ,v1 , velocity, 330 rxs , rbz , z star. no callies though (well got some cheapos but no iz or chromes)

Just tappin away

Once you find the right ball for you game. There are some places out there where you can buy recycled balls that are fairly expensive new at affordable prices.

I like the Titliest Velocity as well along with the Q-Star. For me (85-90 MPH Driver SS), the Velocity seems a bit longer than the QStar while the QStar is a little more controllable (is that a word?) around the greens. I wish the Velocity came in the pretty yellow like the QStar, but I like the double didget numbering scheme.

But and a bit but

Just tappin away

I'd like to try the Q star, and especially the yellow version of it!

but with the Hex Chrome, and TM TP3 for just a couple more bucks per dozen at GGPgolf.com it's hard to pass up a more advanced ball for almost the same price

I don't see deals on the Q-star anywhere, they're always $25 it seems. and when the chromes are $28... it seems tough to not spend the extra $$

whats a good ball out there

whats a good ball out there

whats a good ball out there that will hold a firm green but not break the bank. Also one that doesnt produce a lot of side spin off the driver.

Merged with a thread on Mid-Price golf balls.

whats a good ball out there that will hold a firm green but not break the bank. Also one that doesnt produce a lot of side spin off the driver.

I would recommend the Srixon Q-star, it's about $20-26 and it has low driver spin and has enough spin for approach shots, and srixon's science behind the Q star is that Tour balls create too much spin for the average amateur.

I also like the Penta TP5 and TP3, they run about 27 and 35 at sprawlmart and at Wally world whichever one you have in your area but they may add some side spin, who knows

ya it says b330s but the side spin is nuts on the driver

If you want some spin and want straight distance, why not try the e5, it has a urethane cover but is good off the tee

ya it says b330s but the side spin is nuts on the driver

Have you toyed around with the e6 at all? Going to reduce a lot of sidespin and get decent feel around the greens..

e6-chart.gif

Not sure you're going to get the full distance you want if you got fitted for the B330-s being that it's designed for faster swing speeds. I always felt like I was 'mashing' the e6.

Have you toyed around with the e6 at all? Going to reduce a lot of sidespin and get decent feel around the greens..

e6-chart.gif

Not sure you're going to get the full distance you want if you got fitted for the B330-s being that it's designed for faster swing speeds. I always felt like I was 'mashing' the e6.

ive tried the e6 but when i say firm greens i mean FIRM lol the e6 bounces straight off the 330s stops within about 8-10 ft

I'm back and forth between the TP3 (when I have confidence) and the e6 (when I don't). Both do what I need it when I need it. When I'm generating too much side spin with the drive, I lay off the TP3 and use the e6. When the swing comes back I go back to the TP3. It's inconsistent - but so is my game at the moment.

ive tried the e6 but when i say firm greens i mean FIRM lol the e6 bounces straight off the 330s stops within about 8-10 ft

I still like the GamerV2, but bought a box of E5's at the PGASS for $20 (for all E series). Going to give them a go on Sunday with Ron and next week when I get back from Atlanta. The E6's are great off the driver and agree with Jman, it mashes a bit...ok on the green. I can get the E6 to hit at stop, on semi hard greens and really like the softness on the putt.

My gamer will still be the B330 at the moment, but looking at getting something nailed down for these upcoming cold months and spring.

I really have nto been able to find anything that is much better than the Gamer V2, for my game at least. I have been searching around for a new ball since TopFlight is now owned by Dicks and who knows what they will do to the Gamer. I was not super impressed by the E6 but I played the Diably HX Tour today and had one of my better rounds. Not sure it was the ball or not but certainly worth another shot.

I really have nto been able to find anything that is much better than the Gamer V2, for my game at least. I have been searching around for a new ball since TopFlight is now owned by Dicks and who knows what they will do to the Gamer. I was not super impressed by the E6 but I played the Diably HX Tour today and had one of my better rounds. Not sure it was the ball or not but certainly worth another shot.

Gamer V2 is definitely the best bang for buck ball out there. Diablo Tour is also very similar to it but the edge still to the gamer, price and performance wise.

I noticed similar behavior when I played e6's. I switched to Q-stars. The Q-stars just stop better.

Ken

Hex chrome or taylormade tp3

Srixon Q-stars are the best bang for your buck in my opinion.

Srixon Q-stars are the best bang for your buck in my opinion.

This, or some of the Bridgestone e series. As much as I like the Q Stars, the e5 has been an amazing ball for me.

This, or some of the Bridgestone e series. As much as I like the Q Stars, the e5 has been an amazing ball for me.

I gamed the e6 for a while and enjoyed it as well. Cant go wrong with either.

I gamed the e6 for a while and enjoyed it as well. Cant go wrong with either.

I'm an e6 lover, just tough in the summer watching them roll across the greens

Back