performance clubs vs forgiving clus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say that. The R11 is a very playable iron.
No what im saying is that people arent looking to get rid of clubs like the r11's like they do with a nike vr series

:confused2: with this thread now.

I really know what i want but im still picking peoples brains jrod. Knowledge is still power.
Ive had an older set of DI5's and they were pretty decent.

What do you want?

Ugh.

Look into the i-series from Ping. You might even be able to find the i15s or maybe i10s for a very good price.

The C series from Wilson Staff

There are probably the best bets for what you're asking about.

To me I like an in between club. I dont need an Adams A12OS set up nor do I need a Callaway Muscle Back set up either. Hence why I went with the R11.

Im going to get some nike vr blades but im going to look for some cb's when i get some money so i can custom build a combo set as i c fit. I know people will say im not ready but im either going to grow into them or give up on my dreams.

Im going to get some nike vr blades but im going to look for some cb's when i get some money so i can custom build a combo set as i c fit. I know people will say im not ready but im either going to grow into them or give up on my dreams.

What are your dreams?

What are your dreams?
I wanna make a living playing golf. Obviously i wanna make some appearence on tour but im more concerned in playing on like the nationwide tour or somethign and just grinding away as long as i can make a living doing it. For me golf is about the only competitive outlet that is available to an average size no jumpling slow white guy lol

I wanna make a living playing golf. Obviously i wanna make some appearence on tour but im more concerned in playing on like the nationwide tour or somethign and just grinding away as long as i can make a living doing it. For me golf is about the only competitive outlet that is available to an average size no jumpling slow white guy lol

But that doesn't mean you have to play blades. You can play cavity back irons and be liek Luke Donald or Lee Westwood. They have made a career playing golf, while using cavity back irons. For that matter, what difference does it make what irons you play? Solid contact is solid contact regardless of the clubhead shape.

Well its more moving from my burners to a players club permanently. I like the feel of blades and i found that i may not score quite as well initially i will get benefit more with the feedback. I expect that my tournament bag in the future will contain more of a combo bag.

Well its more moving from my burners to a players club permanently. I like the feel of blades and i found that i may not score quite as well initially i will get benefit more with the feedback. I expect that my tournament bag in the future will contain more of a combo bag.

I dont understand why you wouldn't want to play the most forgiving club possible that gives you what you need? For example, the Ci11s have a cavity to them, by no means are they "players" irons, but they can be worked if neccesary

The i20s are played on tour. And have one on tour. Carl Petersen used cavity irons to win a tournament.

Thinking that you have to play blades in order to be a low handicap or competitive golfer may actually hinder your progress.

I have no basis for the opinion, just a gut reaction.

Hell, look at the new Callaway Razr X Forged. Phil put them in the bag instantly, so says Callaway. And Jimmy Furyk was in contention at the U.S. Open and the Bridgestone, playing the 2012 Razr X Forged, and they are far from a blade iron.

Hell, look at the new Callaway Razr X Forged. Phil put them in the bag instantly, so says Callaway. And Jimmy Furyk was in contention at the U.S. Open and the Bridgestone, playing the 2012 Razr X Forged, and they are far from a blade iron.

Keegan beat Furyk with CG7 Tours.

I dont need to play blades but i love the feel of blades the best and they show mistakes better then anythng. So as of right now if nothing else they make the best training tool. i dont see myself playing these clubs in 2 years win or loss so at that point in time i will analyze what is best for my game at that time

I dont need to play blades but i love the feel of blades the best and they show mistakes better then anythng. So as of right now if nothing else they make the best training tool. i dont see myself playing these clubs in 2 years win or loss so at that point in time i will analyze what is best for my game at that time

Do what you will my man. Impact tape and ball flights are always really good training tools. Just saying.

I think people should play whatever suits their eye, if it's blades then great.

There is nothing wrong with using forgiving clubs, and I know some players play cavity back irons like the RBZ, i20 etc, but their tour issue versions are a bit different than the mainstream line if that makes sense, take Camilo for example, he played RBZ milled irons this year which are very similar in technology to the RBZ irons, but they are made more for a player and have thiner soles and minimal offset, and smaller heads from what I understand, heck they look 1000 times better than the RBZ line on the market and I bet they are pretty playable for those players looking for a forgiving club yet want that workability and feel-which is a personal thing of course

6a00d8341caaef53ef0163058f0a01970d-800wi

Ive used impact tape. As a whole i hit the ball pretty well even if i dont hit it where i want. Honestly more then my equipment my biggest issue is i have to to learn how to play golf completely on my own.

Personally, I think buying a set of blade irons to learn how to strike the ball accordingly and with consistency, is the bass akwards approach to take. I would say the better approach to take would game some GI's, work your way into a "players iron" with some forgiveness (Razr X Forged, i20, AP2), and then assess where you are and move into a blade style iron if need be. Yeah, you can learn alot about your ball striking by toeing a crap load of blades, but I would also have to believe that would do some short term damage to the confidence and maybe create some long term swing demons to make up for the short comings. But, that's just me.

There is nothing wrong with using forgiving clubs, and I know some players play cavity back irons like the RBZ, i20 etc, but their tour issue versions are a bit different than the mainstream line if that makes sense, take Camilo for example, he played RBZ milled irons this year which are very similar in technology to the RBZ irons, but they are made more for a player and have thiner soles and minimal offset, and smaller heads from what I understand, heck they look 1000 times better than the RBZ line on the market and I bet they are pretty playable for those players looking for a forgiving club yet want that workability and feel-which is a personal thing of course

That's a great point. I think often people don't realize that pros are playing different equipment with the same name. However, I think i20's are i20's but I could be mistaken.

Ive used impact tape. As a whole i hit the ball pretty well even if i dont hit it where i want. Honestly more then my equipment my biggest issue is i have to to learn how to play golf completely on my own.

Interesting. Is there a PGA professional near by for lessons?

If you are going alone, check out Ben Hogan's book. Things still hold true.

KJ Choi played g20's for a bit and he sucks bad.

I really like those. Id be more apt to use those kinda clubs vs an i20. Im not opposed to forgiving clubs but really the clubs that i like to the feel of and the sets i would get are way out of the range. The clubs im getting i can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back