Rory McIlroy To Nike?

You thing the VRS are traditional in look? The closest that I have seen are the TW blades or the pro combos. Everything seems to be a little cutting edge.

I'll get to see the new line of clubs friday, supposedly they have made some changes to the forged lines and driver.

I dont know that nike is really aiming there campaign completely at the golf group entirely. Nike get there go from there athletic fans in basketball baseball and running. As those people grow up they need to find other competitive endeavors. The masses are going to tend to stay with what they know and what they are comfortable with. For so many people that will be nike. Im not sure there golf equipment is the best but they make a good product that will hold there fans.

Isn't that why Nike has other athletes on staff to reach the masses in other sports. I think Griffey JR, Jordan and S. Sharpe reach more than Rory ever will in-terms of crossovers.

Rory is being brought over because Nike can...just do it! If there golf line grows, great

I'll get to see the new line of clubs friday, supposedly they have made some changes to the forged lines and driver.

Lucky SoB! Noice!

I've also heard Adam Scott is being looked at, as well. Not sure how accurate that is or when his current deal is up.

The only reason I wouldn't believe that one is because of his clothing sponsor and deal with Mercedes.

you have me intrigued!

Isn't that why Nike has other athletes on staff to reach the masses in other sports. I think Griffey JR, Jordan and S. Sharpe reach more than Rory ever will in-terms of crossovers.

Rory is being brought over because Nike can...just do it! If there golf line grows, great
Jordan and griffey bring you over but if i dont know anythign about the sport i want the same equipment as the best. When people cross the line into golf they are going to get there nike shoes and shirts etc because they love there nike lines of products. Now they want to buy there first set of clubs. What to buy. Well they know and love tiger because he is teh face of golf in most worlds but he is no longer the best golfer out there. I dont know do i get nike like tiger or do i get titleist like the best golfer in the world.
If you have the top 2 golfers in the world it makes it easier to draw anyone who has made no prior committment

Jordan and griffey bring you over but if i dont know anythign about the sport i want the same equipment as the best. When people cross the line into golf they are going to get there nike shoes and shirts etc because they love there nike lines of products. Now they want to buy there first set of clubs. What to buy. Well they know and love tiger because he is teh face of golf in most worlds but he is no longer the best golfer out there. I dont know do i get nike like tiger or do i get titleist like the best golfer in the world.
If you have the top 2 golfers in the world it makes it easier to draw anyone who has made no prior committment

The problem with this is, different golf club fit different people depending on skill level, preference, etc. If you see Lebron wearing his newest model, rather you play basketball or even just a Heat/Lebron fan, you can go buy those sneakers and it not make a difference on your performance, etc.

The problem with this is, different golf club fit different people depending on skill level, preference, etc. If you see Lebron wearing his newest model, rather you play basketball or even just a Heat/Lebron fan, you can go buy those sneakers and it not make a difference on your performance, etc.
This is very true but how many people really know the difference. Especially with abilitiy to buy your equipment from the internet.
Golf is the only game i know that the equipment can have such a drastic difference on your game and there are so few people who are uneducated. Thats why the average golfer worldwide shoots like a 110 or something like that.

This is very true but how many people really know the difference. Especially with abilitiy to buy your equipment from the internet.
Golf is the only game i know that the equipment can have such a drastic difference on your game and there are so few people who are uneducated. Thats why the average golfer worldwide shoots like a 110 or something like that.

People are becoming more informed. From working at a golf course, just over the 3 years of working there, more and more people want to use demos now or paid to be fitted. They understand that they are spending $200-$1000 on new club(s). Shoes baseball gloves, etc. are not as much of a loss because they wont have such a drastic outcome on your end result.

This thread is going downhill quickly

Cauley, Watney, and Stanley to Nike you say? That is almost to crazy to even be plausible.

Cauley, Watney, and Stanley to Nike you say? That is almost to crazy to even be plausible.

If one big push will shift the scales, that one will. But I'm not totally convinced on that happening. Just something I've heard through the grapevine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If one big push will shift the scales, that one will. But I'm not totally convinced on that happening. Just something I've heard through the grapevine.

I thought about going on Kyle Stanley's twitter and asking him directly. He is known to respond alot to fans.

Haha but really. I just can't see 4 big young names being pulled away by Nike. I don't think Titleist would let all of them go that easy.

You thing the VRS are traditional in look? The closest that I have seen are the TW blades or the pro combos. Everything seems to be a little cutting edge.

Yes, yes I do. Shy of the Machspeed irons and square driver their line has been on par with traditional design. No gaudy flashy colors or something that screams "hey look at me, I'm different." Sure they market it as cutting edge, and the performance is there to support those claims, but visually its tame from my perspective.

Personally all that's missing is a milled face putter but given the tech in the Method/Method Core line I see what they're staying the course there (excluding the Everclear mistake).

I thought about going on Kyle Stanley's twitter and asking him directly. He is known to respond alot to fans.

Haha but really. I just can't see 4 big young names being pulled away by Nike. I don't think Titleist would let all of them go that easy.

Maybe! Only time will tell though right?

Yes, yes I do. Shy of the Machspeed irons and square driver their line has been on par with traditional design. No gaudy flashy colors or something that screams "hey look at me, I'm different." Sure they market it as cutting edge, and the performance is there to support those claims, but visually its tame from my perspective.

Personally all that's missing is a milled face putter but given the tech in the Method/Method Core line I see what they're staying the course there (excluding the Everclear mistake).

Are you sure you are not thinking about the VRS forged SW? These do not look all that traditional...:D

vrs-irons.jpg

Haha yeah I was thinking of the silver cavity forged model which are gorgeous. Those don't jump out at me as fugly, especially with some custom shafts :p

Haha yeah I was thinking of the silver cavity forged model which are gorgeous. Those don't jump out at me as fugly, especially with some custom shafts :p

I think you're thinking of the one Tiger plays as a driving iron?

Look up.

...shot clock...

Even if he tweets back, he can't say. Still under contract.

They care about quantity not quality.

i guess I should have worded it better. To me Nike irons have a great deal of girth behind the face in more of their lines than Titleist. The sling shots, VRS come to mind. Their irons seem to have a more rounded looked as opposed angular look I see in Titleist.
Their irons perform, flat out but I think the design may keep the general passer by away from the gear. You are right their stuff isn't load but I also think it doesn't cater to the average joe.

They care about quantity not quality.

I think all 4 of them will be quality players within the next 2 years.

i guess I should have worded it better. To me Nike irons have a great deal of girth behind the face in more of their lines than Titleist. The sling shots, VRS come to mind. Their irons seem to have a more rounded looked as opposed angular look I see in Titleist.
Their irons perform, flat out but I think the design may keep the general passer by away from the gear. You are right their stuff isn't load but I also think it doesn't cater to the average joe.

That's true, but I see a lot more Slingshots in bags than AP2's. I truly believe more and more people are putting aside their prejudices and playing what work best. Then of course you have others...haha!

Back