New Taylormade Golf Ball

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
This may be old new but when I was speaking with a TM rep yesterday he mentioned a new ball launch coming late this month. He stated that was about all they would tell them right now but the Penta was going away and they would have a tour ball more like the ProV1.

Now that you mention it...I honestly don't think I ever saw the Penta TP3 for sale anywhere or find one on the course. I was actually interested in that ball!

Ugh, I liked the Penta. Well I guess it's a good chance to get the balls I want for fheaper

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

When the launch is made, THP will have a full writeup on the new product. It will be heavily promoted and the early info looks good. As to a ball "more like the Pro V1"....They have that now in the TP3.

Now that you mention it...I honestly don't think I ever saw the Penta TP3 for sale anywhere or find one on the course. I was actually interested in that ball!

I've been playing the Penta TP3 all year. Thought it was a pretty big step in the right direction for TM in the ball market. A great price for a ball that performs pretty dang well.

A ball 'more like a ProV1'? Not for me, thanks.

I see them at sprawlmart and Wallyworld for $27 (depends on which store you have in your area)

And Paulo, me too I don't Need my ball to be prov1esque

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

When the launch is made, THP will have a full writeup on the new product. It will be heavily promoted and the early info looks good. As to a ball "more like the Pro V1"....They have that now in the TP3.

How does the TP5 compare (or how is it intended to compare) to the ProV1? I've gamed the TP5 and thought it played pretty well.

The new ball makes sense. I've seen a lot of deals on the TP3 and TP5 lately. Surely it's no coincidence that they are about to be on the way out.

Another ball jeez. Has Taylormade moved on to a quarterly cycle for equipment?

How does the TP5 compare (or how is it intended to compare) to the ProV1? I've gamed the TP5 and thought it played pretty well.

The new ball makes sense. I've seen a lot of deals on the TP3 and TP5 lately. Surely it's no coincidence that they are about to be on the way out.

in my opinion I like the Penta TP5 much better, I was fortunately and luckily chosen for Taylormade testing earlier this year and Taylormade sent us testers a box of the Penta TP5.

I hit it longer and straighter and had some great approach spin but there is a thread somewhere for those balls.

I wonder if they are going to base it off of the Rocketballz line. I ca't wait to see the THP launch.

Another ball jeez. Has Taylormade moved on to a quarterly cycle for equipment?

I dont understand? If anything they have completely slowed down releases.
Driver release once per year.
Iron release once per year.
Wedges release once per year.
Now ball release would be right around again once per year.

Yeah I was going to say something like that too haha. It's true it's not as frequent as before, I wonder if Callaway is going to start releasing stuff faster now. Anyways, can't wait to see the THP release info of this ball

I dont understand? If anything they have completely slowed down releases.
Driver release once per year.
Iron release once per year.
Wedges release once per year.
Now ball release would be right around again once per year.

I may of misunderstood his ProV1 comment. I know I didnt try the TP3 but I probably will seeing how they can be had at a good deal right now. I am curious though to see the price range of the new ball. Would love to test some wink wink lol

If by "PRO-V 1 Esque" means it's going to be around $45 then I'm out!! I fell in love with the TP-3's this summer and hope they are not going away! Should TM get more profit friendly and less consumer friendly, I'll make the move to the Orlimar's I just got in the mail...

I was a fan of the 2011 Penta, so I will be paying attention. I think saying any ball will be like another ball is pure marketing. It's like saying the walmart Galloway driver is like a Callaway driver. I'll believe it when I see the results.

~Rock

If by "PRO-V 1 Esque" means it's going to be around $45 then I'm out!! I fell in love with the TP-3's this summer and hope they are not going away! Should TM get more profit friendly and less consumer friendly, I'll make the move to the Orlimar's I just got in the mail...

I got ProV1s in the bag right now but its most likely my last dozen. I after buying them just think the Chrome and maybe even the TP3 are just as good of a ball.

I loved the TP3. I hope they don't change it too much.

I love my current ball, but I always enjoy trying out new offerings from other companies. I will surely give the new TM balls a try.

Cant wait to read more about this new ball. I am always up to try something new

if it is similar to the TP3 and reasonable price, I'm all for it!

I liked the Pentas, hopefully this new offering will continue to raise the bar for their line of balls.

I knew the deals on the TP3 & 5 were too good to last. I'm going to game these Orlimars for a while and see how it goes. Just better for me when you account for price and performance.

I was a fan of the 2011 Penta, so I will be paying attention. I think saying any ball will be like another ball is pure marketing. It's like saying the walmart Galloway driver is like a Callaway driver. I'll believe it when I see the results.

~Rock

Me too. I still have a stash of the original Pentas. I will be interested in seeing the comparison.

Octa TP8?

I liked the original Penta ball, never tried the TP5. One sleeve of TP3's I did try, but played so badly that I lost all of them before getting any of them in a hole :D

But sure, interesting to see what TM puts out.

Back