TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

If there is one in the used bin at my local golf shop they would let me. I liked my clevelands but just couldnt get the gap wedge to work for me.

I hear ya and a regular gap just does not set up well for those type shots where the ATV wedge does. It's a very versatile wedge that you can use for so many more shots that a standard gap wedge.

I hear ya and a regular gap just does not set up well for those type shots where the ATV wedge does. It's a very versatile wedge that you can use for so many more shots that a standard gap wedge.

See Im going to a stock R11 gap and an ATV sand for around the green

See Im going to a stock R11 gap and an ATV sand for around the green

I think that will be the ticket to what you are looking for. The ATV will help you not only getting out of the sand but also with those little high soft shots, that you occasionally have behind those big old sand traps. That's when you need the extra loft to take care of business. Keep us posted on how you like the 56 ATV,once you have some bonding time with her:thumb:

Hope everyone is still loving these beasts. As for me, I've temporarily traded my clubs (and any free time) in for my career...hence the absense the last few months. I'll be back at it as soon as possible, and trust that I'll have an ATV update when that time comes.

Take care, long live the ATV's.

Hope everyone is still loving these beasts. As for me, I've temporarily traded my clubs (and any free time) in for my career...hence the absense the last few months. I'll be back at it as soon as possible, and trust that I'll have an ATV update when that time comes.

We have missed ya in here my ATV brother!

And missed the THP Tour Van in your backyard.

And missed the THP Tour Van in your backyard.

Yeah I just replied to the 2 month old PM from mikedean giving me the heads up...my timing continues to be impecible. Heard everyone had a blast though, so that's good.

I have finally finished reading this ATV testing thread from the start (only took me a week as I'm old and slow :snail:). Impressive testing write-ups all - great thoughts in posts from IHWT (will miss you - hurry back!), OG, Satch, JeffReedMO, Darren, and KMAC as moderator. You folks have convinced me to try the 56* ATV - it arrives on the truck tomorrow! Hope TM is reading and notes that my decision was purely through you folks efforts and testamony - well done THP testers!

Now the only question I have is whether I will be able to practice with the new ATV wedge enough to put it in the bag for the Atlanta Invitational on this Saturday - will be tough decision as I'm used to my Vokey SM4 but its inconsistency around the greens has me enthused about my new ATV.
Thanks again, guys! :drinks:

I really like my 60* ATV, I'm def gonna test it out when I'm in the market (very soon) for a 56*. I also want to test a Vokey and a 588 though

I have finally finished reading this ATV testing thread from the start (only took me a week as I'm old and slow :snail:). Impressive testing write-ups all - great thoughts in posts from IHWT (will miss you - hurry back!), OG, Satch, JeffReedMO, Darren, and KMAC as moderator. You folks have convinced me to try the 56* ATV - it arrives on the truck tomorrow! Hope TM is reading and notes that my decision was purely through you folks efforts and testamony - well done THP testers!

Now the only question I have is whether I will be able to practice with the new ATV wedge enough to put it in the bag for the Atlanta Invitational on this Saturday - will be tough decision as I'm used to my Vokey SM4 but its inconsistency around the greens has me enthused about my new ATV.

First of all thanks for the kind words for our test team! It was fun for us and also many good posts by consumers like yourself who bought these wedges and have given us their thoughts. Heck I would put it in the bag for this weekend and use it's versatility for Bears Best! At least stick it in your bag and try to get a few shots with it around the course. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this product.

I really like my 60* ATV, I'm def gonna test it out when I'm in the market (very soon) for a 56*. I also want to test a Vokey and a 588 though

Good luck with your testing all three wedges. It will be interesting to see which one takes a spot in your bag:thumb:

Welcome Back man, I hope you are doing fine, we definitely missed you bro

congrats on your ATV purchase, it's nice to hear our reviews helped you out, 1860 posts are a lot to read through haha

First of all thanks for the kind words for our test team! It was fun for us and also many good posts by consumers like yourself who bought these wedges and have given us their thoughts. Heck I would put it in the bag for this weekend and use it's versatility for Bears Best! At least stick it in your bag and try to get a few shots with it around the course. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this product.

Hopefully I'll get a little practice with it on the range on Thursday and Friday, then we'll see. I'm swinging so erratically right now that I could probably do better with a hockey stick, so the ATV is bound to help. Will be interested in talking with you on your short game - some of your posts on the ATV performance were pretty impressive. Hope I can duplicate your success.

congrats on your ATV purchase, it's nice to hear our reviews helped you out, 1860 posts are a lot to read through haha
Yeah it took a while to get through them but it was fun as most were well written. I especially liked your videos - also picked up a good hint from IHWT to you on keeping from flipping the club...something I've been struggling with myself. Hope the ATV works for me as well as it has served you.

Hopefully I'll get a little practice with it on the range on Thursday and Friday, then we'll see. I'm swinging so erratically right now that I could probably do better with a hockey stick, so the ATV is bound to help. Will be interested in talking with you on your short game - some of your posts on the ATV performance were pretty impressive. Hope I can duplicate your success.

Yeah it took a while to get through them but it was fun as most were well written. I especially liked your videos - also picked up a good hint from IHWT to you on keeping from flipping the club...something I've been struggling with myself. Hope the ATV works for me as well as it has served you.

Yeah IHWT suggestions really helped me out with my ATV testing and my short game improved too. I really enjoyed playing the ATV and a few months later, I'm still playing it strong and I love it. Mine's been beat to heck but it still works really well.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is my key for success around the greens. When I flip, I flop. It doesn't matter what brand wedge you have, if you are acting like a certain dolphin named Flipper, you're headed for the toom of doom :bulgy-eyes:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is my key for success around the greens. When I flip, I flop. It doesn't matter what brand wedge you have, if you are acting like a certain dolphin named Flipper, you're headed for the toom of doom :bulgy-eyes:

hahah OG and his flipper avatar, that was epic,

OG tested out the ATv in some rough conditions, those goat track and their rock hard sand bunkers looked awful

hahah OG and his flipped avatar, that was epic,

OG tested out the ATv in some rough conditions, those goat track and their rock hard sand bunkers looked awful

Preach it brother, preach it :D

This is the kind of bunkers I used my ATV in all summer, and this is why the wedge is so beat up.

8162905499_5696a854a1.jpg

They never remove the large rocks in the sand, these are about half an inch each and they really chewed up my wedge
8162905701_ed8d180d60.jpg

This is the kind of bunkers I used my ATV in all summer, and this is why the wedge is so beat up.

8162905499_5696a854a1.jpg

They never remove the large rocks in the sand, these are about half an inch each and they really chewed up my wedge
8162905701_ed8d180d60.jpg

The reason why I tried, and then quickly left the ATV on two different occasions over the course of a few months is a serious lack of durability. I almost felt like there was a possibility that TMAG had made these wedges out of aluminum. I mean my wedges were just beat, even with light use. I have forged 588's and cast PING Tour Gorge wedges and neither one of them has a single scratch on them really. The ATV's that I had for the shortest time all had chunks, literally CHUNKS missing out of several areas on the soles and several gouges in the face. Some so big that I really worried they were affecting the way they played.

I hear you colt, the durability seems to be worse than my old trusty xfT wedges heck I had 3
Year old vokeys that didn't look this bad.
Luckily The
ATV still performs like it
Should

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

I hear you colt, the durability seems to be worse than my old trusty xfT wedges heck I had 3
Luckily The
Should

If I had to come up with a 100% honest opinionated slogan for these it would be "Plays like a champ, wears like a chump".

Luckily The
Should

So they wear rather quickly??

I'll try to remember to take a pic of my ATV wedge today and show the wear on mine. I must not be as strong as you guys as mine still looks pretty darn good. They are goat track proven too! :D

alright because I am between these, the XFT, JAWS, and the new Cally wedges

Granted mine is a 60* so it prob doesn't get as much use as a 56*, but the wear is noticeable

Back