2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I have the game and my game will be better come MC time. But when you're on a team of someone who doesn't particularly like you, it can get tough.

TT on iPad

Thainer we all like you bro! Whatever team you are on you will be a star. Don't worry about anything else

Thainer we all like you bro! Whatever team you are on you will be a star. Don't worry about anything else

I agree. I feel like there is going to be nothing but bro love at the MC.

So I have a question for all the new MCers, what is the biggest thing you are hoping to take away from this years MC? The experience of it all? The new friendships made and old ones renewed? Or are you gonna take it all in and digest it when the event has concluded?

I think the biggest thing I am excited about is unlocking my full potential as a golfer. Really seeing how high I can take my game, and maybe surprising myself along the way. I am looking forward to the competition. Excited to see each part of the process as it unfolds.

I know I have the game and my game will be better come MC time. But when you're on a team of someone who doesn't particularly like you, it can get tough.

TT on iPad

This has to stop. Enough of the negative thought process. Enjoy the position you have and soak it up. Every Captain is not only a good guy but is not predisposed to judging people.

TT on iPad

I'll go ahead and speak for all the captains and say that there was not a single person selected that I would not love to have on my team

I think the biggest thing I am excited about is unlocking my full potential as a golfer. Really seeing how high I can take my game, and maybe surprising myself along the way. I am looking forward to the competition. Excited to see each part of the process as it unfolds.

Im personally excited for you to get some new sticks!! Will be interesting to see all things equal how much your game improves by just being fitted for your gear which im sure is a bit more technologically advanced than your existing setup.

Im personally excited for you to get some new sticks!! Will be interesting to see all things equal how much your game improves by just being fitted for your gear which im sure is a bit more technologically advanced than your existing setup.

Hey! Don't you make fun of my Mizuno Zoids from 1999! :alien: Hahaha. My 2002 Orlimar Trimetal 9 degree can still get it done out there on the course..........Sometimes.......

I would be lying if I said I am not a little excited about hitting some new clubs.

I'll go ahead and speak for all the captains and say that there was not a single person selected that I would not love to have on my team

And there isn't a single captain that I wouldn't want to play for!

So I have a question for all the new MCers, what is the biggest thing you are hoping to take away from this years MC? The experience of it all? The new friendships made and old ones renewed? Or are you gonna take it all in and digest it when the event has concluded?

I've got some pretty big expectations for my Morgan Cup experience.

I plan to have a friendship in place with all the competitors and all the volunteers coming out to support the event by the time I get to the Morgan Cup.
I want to walk away knowing that my knowledge of my bag is as great as possible, and feel like I brought that knowledge onto the forum and to people I talk to.

Dude, I just want to be a part of THP history, and I want to represent everyone that takes the time to talk to us about the experience.

And there isn't a single captain that I wouldn't want to play for!

Good call. Extending on that, last night I came to the firm realization that there isn't a single sponsor I wouldn't be overjoyed to have.

...I couldn't say the same thing two years ago. My biases are expanding!

I'm glad you are speaking for me because I would not have said that:alien:

just kidding of course

I am awkwardly excited to see that most of the sponsors sites will allow me to continue my over obsession with the Lamkin RELs.

Man, i really need to stop scouring these sites!

If that's the case it's ok. Not everyone on a team (high school, college, pro) gets along but it's how you manage the differences is what counts.

TT on iPad

I am awkwardly excited to see that most of the sponsors sites will allow me to continue my over obsession with the Lamkin RELs.

Man, i really need to stop scouring these sites!

no way, keep scouring, it helps pass time!

I have a feeling all the new 2013 Cleveland Stuff is going to blow our minds bring it on. I can't wait to see what they do with the Classic Driver line! Maybe take a Black and Classic and marry them together!!!

That's a driver I would definitely like to hit.

That's a driver I would definitely like to hit.

Me to I'm thinking about the lines and look of the Classic with the color scheme of the Black. What a great combo that could be!

no way, keep scouring, it helps pass time!

It really does, Before long I'll have tabs for all of them open on all my computer browsers, laptop, iPhone and iPad so then I don't have to keep typing in the addresses. I need to ponder smarter not harder!!!

Any advise for calming nerves you can pass along to the rookies?

1. you have to keep in your mind at all times to just have fun. at the end of the day, it is great golf with amazing people and that's all it is.
2. try not to eat too many Sam's deep fried hot dogs the night before
3. diffuse reality with humor and sarcasm

this is why the Morgan Cup and THP is perfect for golfers such as yourself.

1. you have to keep in your mind at all times to just have fun. at the end of the day, it is great golf with amazing people and that's all it is.
2. try not to eat too many Sam's deep fried hot dogs the night before

That's not really the type of personality I want to be around....... I'm extremely serious. I expect other people to be serious as well. As you could see by my entry videos, which were super serious, that I am a person who has no time for jokes or sarcasm.

Any advise for calming nerves you can pass along to the rookies?

I don't know what you can do about the nerves TBH. They are going to be there. I think the biggest thing is to just embrace the moment and the atmosphere you are in. The less you do that the more self imposed pressure you feel which will probably up the nerves and just spell disaster.

One thing I would recommend is that I think it's good to get to MB earlier in the week, even if it's just a day. Hang around the guys, get as comfortable as you can be in that environment. Know that there are going to be 31 other guys who will be going through similar emotions as you.

DONE! Sarcasm should have its own font. Matter of fact, that's how I'm going to make my millions, by creating a font that perfectly conveys sarcasm

*switches back to normal font* Thanks to you and everyone else who've chimed in on ways to approach the Morgan Cup and controlling nerves. I think I should book mark this area of this thread and come back to it as we get closer to the event

That's not really the type of personality I want to be around....... I'm extremely serious. I expect other people to be serious as well. As you could see by my entry videos, which were super serious, that I am a person who has no time for jokes or sarcasm.

Not to mention your avatar picture. If that doesn't scream serious I don't know what does.

Those ricky blades would be awesome to see in person, there's no way I could game them but I'd love to drool over someone else's bag!!!

We've already seen a few items from the new line that Cleveland is bringing us, the GI 588s and the Rotex wedge are again showing us that Cleveland is going to rock their gear from top to bottom for golfers with varying abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back