2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a question for all the new MCers, what is the biggest thing you are hoping to take away from this years MC? The experience of it all? The new friendships made and old ones renewed? Or are you gonna take it all in and digest it when the event has concluded?

Definitely the friendships. I see the close friendships made in prior MC's and other events, and frankly, I'm jealous. I want some THP-life-long buddies of my own. That starts tomorrow!

I can't wait to see what lines SeeMore opens up for the 2013 MC, should be some nice flat sticks in those MCers bags!!!

the one thing I'm still wondering about is wedges.

Those irons would be ridiculous. I hope if they are acquirable, someone uses them!

sounds like you may have volunteered if you are chosen lol

I do like the looks of whats coming on the horizon, I have yet to hit any of the AMP line of irons, so Im looking forward to at least trying them out

Definitely the friendships. I see the close friendships made in prior MC's and other events, and frankly, I'm jealous. I want some THP-life-long buddies of my own. That starts tomorrow!

yes it does wade! Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!

I think the best way I'm going to calm any of my nerves is think of it like any other tournament. But then again, it's not just another tournament. But I'm going to try.

Trusty Rusty!

I'm kind of hoping there something new is in the pipeline as TR and I did not see eye to eye. It wasn't a bad wedge mind you, just we did not get along too well. But given the time, I can make it work

I can't wait to see what lines SeeMore opens up for the 2013 MC, should be some nice flat sticks in those MCers bags!!!

True that.

I'm kind of hoping there something new is in the pipeline as TR and I did not see eye to eye. It wasn't a bad wedge mind you, just we did not get along too well. But given the time, I can make it work
I loved the Trusty Rusty, I played it during the Demo Day in Orlando and absolutely loved the wedge.

I don't know what you can do about the nerves TBH. They are going to be there. I think the biggest thing is to just embrace the moment and the atmosphere you are in. The less you do that the more self imposed pressure you feel which will probably up the nerves and just spell disaster.

One thing I would recommend is that I think it's good to get to MB earlier in the week, even if it's just a day. Hang around the guys, get as comfortable as you can be in that environment. Know that there are going to be 31 other guys who will be going through similar emotions as you.

definitely this. (i mean the guy is going on his 3rd MC, he must know something...)

but yes. go down early, hang out, don't be shy. and if possible, play a practice round....not for the practice, not to get to know the courses, only for fun and to be able to relax around THPer's who maybe you would be nervous in front of.
i was sooooo nervous just playing a practice round last year on Thursday. i finally calmed down and all came into sync. had i not played this round of golf, things would've been bad news bears going into Saturday...

Those bag are sick. Do y'all think the team will have Puma bags or Cobra?

imagesCATFKSCS.jpg
imagesCACP0C1J.jpg

imagesCA96UHLX.jpg
ddsfsd.png

Oh the possabilities

Those bag are sick. Do y'all think the team will have Puma bags or Cobra?
My guess, and it's just my opinion, but I think it will be Cobra bags.

I'll go ahead and speak for all the captains and say that there was not a single person selected that I would not love to have on my team
Truth!

Thainer dude I hope you realize that none of that crap will be present at the Morgan Cup, starting with the second you were selected. Nobody will not like you or carry over any ill feelings to anyone in the event, not just you.

True story. I don't like Dean. But in the Morgan Cup I do like him. Well in the first one anyway, because we were on a team together. I didn't really like him last year but that didn't come into play at all. In fact we played a practice round together and that was one amazingly fun round, definitely a highlight of the weekend. (I hope the sarcasm carried through, I love Dean actually!)

Seriously though to Thainer and everyone else, NONE of that will be present in this event from the day you were selected well on past the final putt is dropped. NONE!

Truth!

Thainer dude I hope you realize that none of that crap will be present at the Morgan Cup, starting with the second you were selected. Nobody will not like you or carry over any ill feelings to anyone in the event, not just you.

True story. I don't like Dean. But in the Morgan Cup I do like him. Well in the first one anyway, because we were on a team together. I didn't really like him last year but that didn't come into play at all. In fact we played a practice round together and that was one amazingly fun round, definitely a highlight of the weekend. (I hope the sarcasm carried through, I love Dean actually!)

Seriously though to Thainer and everyone else, NONE of that will be present in this event from the day you were selected well on past the final putt is dropped. NONE!

P4B speaking the truth!

I think the best way I'm going to calm any of my nerves is think of it like any other tournament. But then again, it's not just another tournament. But I'm going to try.
I try to think of it like this.....it's not life or death. My kids are healthy, my wife is healthy and I'm not going to die. There are a lot of things to get nervous about, hitting a golf shot shouldn't be one of them. Does it always work? Oh hell no. But I try to put it into perspective best I can and just realize I'm not going to die, I'm just going to hit a golf shot.

Truth!

:love: Jake

I remember the first MC. Sure there were a lot of guys that I had met at outings in the past. But some I barely knew and didn't know at all. Jake was one that I had met at outings but we didn't really spend any time with each other and JRod was one that I didn't know at all. Well the first night everyone got to the townhouse we all stayed up till around 4AM chatting like teenage girls. It was a great way to get to know guys and after that we all walked away with a pretty strong friendship. Like Jake said, it doesn't matter what has happened int he past, this event forms an extremely strong bond between everyone.

I also expected Cobra, but with folks posting picks of Puma bags it got me wondering. I've always thoughts the Puma bags were some of the nicest on the market. That being said, I'd happily game a Cobra bag in a heartbeat.

:love: Jake

I remember the first MC. Sure there were a lot of guys that I had met at outings in the past. But some I barely knew and didn't know at all. Jake was one that I had met at outings but we didn't really spend any time with each other and JRod was one that I didn't know at all. Well the first night everyone got to the townhouse we all stayed up till around 4AM chatting like teenage girls. It was a great way to get to know guys and after that we all walked away with a pretty strong friendship. Like Jake said, it doesn't matter what has happened int he past, this event forms an extremely strong bond between everyone.

And they mean everyone from volunteers to family who come down to watch the event. For this weekend you are a huge family and teams don't matter everyone wants to see everyone play great golf and have an amazing time.

And they mean everyone from volunteers to family who come down to watch the event. For this weekend you are a huge family and teams don't matter everyone wants to see everyone play great golf and have an amazing time.

correct. It's not just a bond between players.

I try to think of it like this.....it's not life or death. My kids are healthy, my wife is healthy and I'm not going to die. There are a lot of things to get nervous about, hitting a golf shot shouldn't be one of them. Does it always work? Oh hell no. But I try to put it into perspective best I can and just realize I'm not going to die, I'm just going to hit a golf shot.

Great way to put it into perspective, "it" being golf / the morgan cup and most other things.

I have to remind myself sometimes that I'm on the golf course to have a good time. I love the game and not every round is going to be the best, but when we walk off the course we'll have new and old friends to look forward to playing with again.

Great way to put it into perspective, "it" being golf / the morgan cup and most other things.

I have to remind myself sometimes that I'm on the golf course to have a good time. I love the game and not every round is going to be the best, but when we walk off the course we'll have new and old friends to look forward to playing with again.

Exactly. I had what we were kind of calling Morgan Cup hangover last year. For the first few weeks after the MC, I was kind of depressed about not being able to play golf with my new friends who live all over the world. Golf was just different. Then we started texting and talking and reliving the time we spent together again and it just made me realize how much more I wanted to be involved with THP in every way possible moving forward to see everyone and to hang out. I just wish I lived closer to everyone! Can't complain too much though as Castor and Kelly live across the freaking ocean haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back