CMN Hospitals Classic @ Disney SPOILERS!

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
Anyone watching this right now? Charlie Beljan is leading the tournament yet right now he can barely walk. I don't even know for sure what is going on with him but it's not good.

Anyway tons of people trying to secure their TOUR card for next year, Spank and I played a round at the Disney Magnolia course a few years back, it is a fun course and this is always a fun event to watch.

I'm not watching but Twitter says Beljian is going to the hospital after his round for shortness of breath and elevated heart rate. I hope he can play the rest of the weekend too.

I'm not watching but Twitter says Beljian is going to the hospital after his round for shortness of breath and elevated heart rate. I hope he can play the rest of the weekend too.
Yeah a lot of the time toward the end of his round he was sitting down in the grass between shots. Insane! Hopefully he's ok and can play on, he really needs the $ for his status.

This raises a good question...what would you do? Play through it to keep your tour card? or make sure you are ok?

This raises a good question...what would you do? Play through it to keep your tour card? or make sure you are ok?
I'd probably keep playing if I could keep breathing. You have to think about how hard he's worked and he's having a great start. He has to be thinking "WHY NOW" so he was going to push through no doubt. I'm pulling for the guy for sure.

I'd probably keep playing if I could keep breathing. You have to think about how hard he's worked and he's having a great start. He has to be thinking "WHY NOW" so he was going to push through no doubt. I'm pulling for the guy for sure.

Me too. With his card on the line, I really hope he can play through this and finish well.

This is a very brave guy to be playing under that kind of condition. Hope that he wins if he decides to keep playing...although it would be an absolutely impressive feat to pull this off. Wow.

I watched the whole thing. Purely amazing

Amazing guy, he must feel like crap, keeps on going. I hope he wins.

Exactly! Not sure if risking your health is worth your tour card!

When you have nothing to lose, why not?

Was Tiger viewed as being stupid when he won the '08 US Open? I love when guys do amazing things.

Just getting caught up on all of this. Sounds to me like Beljan was having a severe anxiety attack. I used to get these from time to time, and I swear to God, I thought I was dying at the time. They feel like you are having a heart attack, you can't control your heart rate no matter how much you try to relax, and I would get real fuzzy with my thoughts, almost as if I were unconscious to some degree. Not that they are any fun or this is in fact what Beljan is experiencing, but its something that is manageable and should allow him to hit the course again tomorrow and be fine. I certainly hope that's all it is. The fact he shot an 8 under par with what he was going through is borderline amazing.

This is probably somewhere else but I saw a quick highlight of Robert Garigus and is he playing the Matrix Programs or some other white shaft?

This is probably somewhere else but I saw a quick highlight of Robert Garigus and is he playing the Matrix Programs or some other white shaft?

I thought I remembered hearing that he plays KBS Tour Custom White's in his irons but don't quote me.

Gotcha thanks. They sure look nice.

What Charlie Beljian did today, if he wins, might be the best story on Tour all year. Absolutely amazing what that guy did today. And to shoot 64? I can't think of a better story all year.

What Charlie Beljian did today, if he wins, might be the best story on Tour all year. Absolutely amazing what that guy did today. And to shoot 64? I can't think of a better story all year.

And to think it could have been a few shots better!!

I'm still struggling to to say whether or not this was "amazing". It was a good round considering the circumstances, but he seems like he is a good enough player to make it back on tour and nothing is as important as keeping yourself healthy.

I'm a little conflicted with this situation. It was impressive the round Beljian was able to put together, but to tell your caddie point blank "I feel like I'm going to die" goes beyond just simply toughing it out. Tiger at the Open is nothing like this, this was potentially life and death. I'm really surprised the medics allowed him to continue, especially considering all the symptoms and the low blood pressure.

That said its good to hear he's feeling better and I only hope he was dealing with anxiety and not something more serious. Like i said, I'm surprised the tour allowed him to continue, could you imagine the repercussions if the round ended tragically? The thought gives me anxiety.

I'm still struggling to to say whether or not this was "amazing". It was a good round considering the circumstances, but he seems like he is a good enough player to make it back on tour and nothing is as important as keeping yourself healthy.

Considering he was playing for his life on your I think it's amazing but that's just me. To shoot such a low number with all of the pressure and add in his health situation it's crazy. Personally I would have stayed to play as well

He had been checked out prior to the round and in the past and they couldn't find anything wrong. Sure, he wasn't feeling well, and it was obvious, but he also knew that it had happened before, had it been the 1st time then it'd be much more remarkable IMO.

Beljian just hit a 52* into a par 5. Wtf.

Back