Just got home. Power is finally restored. Hooray!

YES!!!! So happy that it's finally over for you Dev...well, at least the power issue is.

Awesome to hear Dev! I know when I got power back earlier this week I was never so happy to see a light turn on haha.

Yahhooooo!!!! Great news man!

Thanks guys. What a relief.

You mean you are not going to miss the 2:00am gas refill in the rain/snow???? GOOD NEWS..

You mean you are not going to miss the 2:00am gas refill in the rain/snow???? GOOD NEWS..

No I will certainly not. Though it did entertain people so it was good for something I guess.

dude I can't imagine what it was like, it felt like it was ages ago since the power went out up there
No I will certainly not. Though it did entertain people so it was good for something I guess.

thats greeeaaaattt!! I am very glad for you! I hope that same feeling for me will be next. Its been so long you might actually go out and deal with the generator out of habbit. lol

Dev that is the best thing I have read in a long time. :banana::clapp::joy:

Glad to hear u finally got power dev...

That is awesome new. Glad to see at least a small part of your lives are returning to somewhat near normal. Its the small things that we sometimes take for granted.... Best of luck with the rest of the recovery process

I have never cared less about not having cable. Just so thankful to have power back. The only credit we can get is from the cable company which is pretty nice of them considering it wasnt really their fault that we have no cable. But like I said, I really dont care about cable right now.

I have never cared less about not having cable. Just so thankful to have power back. The only credit we can get is from the cable company which is pretty nice of them considering it wasnt really their fault that we have no cable. But like I said, I really dont care about cable right now.

I'm happy you got your power back man it was about time

Hey - glad to hear our fellow Jersey and East Coast peeps are doing okay. All of us here at Golf4Her are beginning to regain our sanity and some sense of normalcy again. Tough running an online business without power and the INTERNET!! It was kinda funny. Tuesday, the day after NJ went dark and silent, we drove over to the Verizon store in town (whose power was out too but not their Wifi) and parked our cars right in front of the store and tapped into their WiFi and was able to work from there. Not ideal, but it worked. Fortunately the power in our office was restored the next day.

Anyway, the devastation here and in NYC/Staten Island is worse than what it looks like on TV. It looks like a bomb dropped on the entire area. It's sad. we have friends who lost every thing in the storm. But like we say, we will recover and rebuild. We are Jersey Strong!

XO

YOU WIL NOT BELIEVE THIS!!

I am sick of JCP&L and the mismanagement. Frustrating and rediculous. Have absolutely no clue what they are doing. Since "Sandy" we have one pole down and another cracked and a blown t/former in our 2 block nieghborhood. Finally today a crew comes and replaces one pole. They say the cracked pole will stay for now till a later date.

After they leave I manage to grab the last vehicle out and ask what is the story. Guy tells me JCP&L will be back to wire up and turn it all on. As I am outide cleaning/waxing my car and thrugh the afternoon I am seeing several single vehicles come in and leave. Then at one point I see a large JCP&L utility truck and figure finally. But he then leaves 2 minutes later. I flag the guy down.

I ask -- "hey pal how you doin, whats the story, are we turnin on here"
driver says--. "no, I have no idea"
me-- "can I ask why your here? "
driver-- "quite honestly I really dont know why they sent me here" "They just told me to check on a pole".
me -- "there was a crew here earlier and replaced the downed pole"
driver-- "was there really? I see theres a cracked pole and I do see some wires that are bucketed"
me -- "yea they already know about it, replaced one and said the other was staying and that you guys would be here to wire uo and turn us on"
driver-- " i know nothing about that and I'm sorry but I dont even really know any real reason why I'm even here"

Then he calls on his radio to get some inf info. Calls in the cracked pole and asks about powering up here.
Who ever he is speaking to knows nothing about it but then says while still talking on the radio "yea, yes they will be back to hook ya up and turn on"
me-- ok take care"

No one ever came back for couple hours. Then couple more single vehicles comes occassionaly and leaves again. Then one point a van comes in and my neighbor catches him on his way out. Guy said he was here to assess the damage in the neighborhood. LIKE AS IF THIS IS THE FIRST FRIGGIN TIME AS THOUGH HE WAS THE FIRST ONE TO EVER STEP FOOT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD AS IF IT WAS THE DAY AFTER THE FRIGGIN STORM NEARLY TWO FRIGGIN WEEKS AGO!! with absolutely no knowledge at all of anything thats been done. like as if its all new news. I MEAN What the #%@ !! I just went through this with the guy from before and this guy was evn more clueless about any of it than the guy before.

Then a while later, here comes another pole truck with poles and all and a whole crew. 2 minutes later there they go, out the neighborhood. I am dumbfounded !!

Now head to the movies with my wife while the kids are at friends houses. BTW we saw Skyfall and it was really good IMO. Anyway, we get back about 11pm and here comes a JCP&L truck again who is shining bright lights at all the pole tops and and wires in the neighborhood as though no one has ever done this yet. Mean while been like the 6th time this has been done.I try to flag him down. I stand in the middle of the street and wave my hands and he moves over to go around me and doesnt even stop. Just goes right by and leaves the neighborhood.

I also find out from the first guy I spoke to that most of the people from this past wednesday storm are repaired and up and running. And here we are still standing in the dark for nearly two weeks. There is no coordination, supervision and really just all totaly discusting and unacceptable!! WHAT A DISCRACE!!! Still in the dark.

I would believe it. They are as inept as they come. I am sorry you are still going through this man. It's just a terrible hopeless feeling. Praying you get some relief soon buddy. My friend sent me a link to file a complaint with the state. Let me try to find the link.

Edit: Found it: NJ Board of Public Utlities: http://www.state.nj.us/bpu/assistance/complaints/

I would believe it. They are as inept as they come. I am sorry you are still going through this man. It's just a terrible hopeless feeling. Praying you get some relief soon buddy. My friend sent me a link to file a complaint with the state. Let me try to find the link.

Edit: Found it: NJ Board of Public Utlities: http://www.state.nj.us/bpu/assistance/complaints/

thanks. I'll try it. Just to add to that crap from last night. Yet another truck comes down my block just 5 minutes ago (now morning) .It is is now a first energy van (a JCP&L parent company). They too as I stop them are shaking thier heads as to why they are here. Have no idea a pole was replaced and are just here to report damage due to people calling in about no power as thogh its all brand new to them. They were sympathetic and were dumbfounded when I told them all that has happened. Said everytime anyone calls that someone has to respond. How rediculous is this?? I said to them that someone somewhere must know a pole was friggin replaced yesterday and that the neighborhood been down since "sandy". But they felt bad but nothing they can do. Really just shook thier heads in disbelief and embarrassment. I mean with this and added to my story from my last post last night, they just basically have people driving around aimlessly with no real awareness, communication, or any sense of leadership as to whats going on. A complete failure, waste of money and total disaster in terms of management. All this and what was said in my last post are all on top of the fact that every neighborhood immediately surrounding ours in every direction was powered up a week ago and they skipped us over to move on to other areas before finishing this one.

yippie hooray doo daa day. I too now finally late this afternoon have the POWER!!

yippie hooray doo daa day. I too now finally late this afternoon have the POWER!!

Do you have Cable/Internet? I am still down and they have no ETA for when it will be repaired. I hate Cablevision and have no choice. Verizon Fios isnt available here. My parents live next door to my grandmother. Both had trees fall onto their lines. My parents have Fios and they came the same day that they got power and hooked everything up. My grandmother has Cablevision and is now 4 days since she got her power back and they have no ETA either.

I hate to hear the troubles you are all going through but I'm excited and relieved that you guys have power and can start to get things back together.

imagesCAA2SW1W.jpg

Back