Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like fun man, what are you taking?

couple hand guns nothing big i don't wanna clean a lot and i can use his stuff and then he can clean them lol

couple hand guns nothing big i don't wanna clean a lot and i can use his stuff and then he can clean them lol

smart man haha, that's why I want to get one of those "ARs" that shoot 22LR like INgolfer was going to get, that I way I can shoot a few hundred rounds and not feel the price tag of .223 ammo haha

I just ordered a TRP. Thanks a lot Brian I told my wife it was your fault.

smart man haha, that's why I want to get one of those "ARs" that shoot 22LR like INgolfer was going to get, that I way I can shoot a few hundred rounds and not feel the price tag of .223 ammo haha

just got home from the range what a good day first time shooting the ARs his one he just got is a 22 with a conversion kit for 223. nice gun LOVE his other AR. was grouping nice at 100 yards. just a great day to spend some time with my pops doing something he truly loves.

Oh yeah, I love my 1911! I have a springfield mil spec that I ordered and did my own work on. I'll have to try and post some before and after pics...

The gun as I received it.
IMG_0222.jpg

The parts I fit. Also not pictured are the main spring housing and the ed brown beavertail that I fit.
2011-02-15_16-25-08_716.jpg

Working on fitting the beavertail
2011-02-24_14-37-59_135.jpg

Final blend of the slide, extractor, and beavertail
2011-02-24_16-28-11_336.jpg

The finished product! I basically broke down the gun and only kept the barrel and frame and slide. Everything else was custom fitted by me. I did all new internals (new springs, detents, trigger, sear, disconnector, hammer, hammer strut, extractor) mainspring housing and beavertail. I also converted it from an ambi thumb safety to a single sided thumb safety. I did the trigger job myself and it is set to just over 4 lbs. I love this gun. I really want to get a new finish on it but I will have that professionally done.
2011-03-02_20-15-29_492.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I love my Kimber, I just want more,

does anyone else use the Blackhawk Serpa holster?

8170852383_d49b39728b.jpg

That's a very nice holster. I use it on work for my SIG-Sauer P228.

I like the design behind it the trigger finger release button makes it pretty fast to draw from

That's exactly why i use it instead of my old leather holster. way faster to draw when you need to.

That's exactly why i use it instead of my old leather holster. way faster to draw when you need to.

Yeah I don't like the leather holsters that have the strap that secures it. I like the blackhawk way better and I've had it for a few years without any problems on the polymer body

I still prefer leather, but have to admit that the polymeric holsters are the way to go, especially for concealed carry.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I still prefer leather, but have to admit that the polymeric holsters are the way to go, especially for concealed carry.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Exactly, in my opinion they are sleeker and this one requires less effort to draw with

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

it depends what you use them for. for concealed carry i prefer other holsters than the blackhawk serpa.

it depends what you use them for. for concealed carry i prefer other holsters than the blackhawk serpa.

Yeah there are smaller holsters that are easier to conceal

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

That is some awesome work that you did. The trigger looks sweet and sets off the gun really nicely as a custom job!! It's nice to have that feeling you get when you take on a project yourself and it comes out as nice as this looks. Definitely something to be proud of.

Oh yeah, I love my 1911! I have a springfield mil spec that I ordered and did my own work on. I'll have to try and post some before and after pics...

The gun as I received it.
IMG_0222.jpg

The parts I fit. Also not pictured are the main spring housing and the ed brown beavertail that I fit.
2011-02-15_16-25-08_716.jpg

Working on fitting the beavertail
2011-02-24_14-37-59_135.jpg

Final blend of the slide, extractor, and beavertail
2011-02-24_16-28-11_336.jpg

The finished product! I basically broke down the gun and only kept the barrel and frame and slide. Everything else was custom fitted by me. I did all new internals (new springs, detents, trigger, sear, disconnector, hammer, hammer strut, extractor) mainspring housing and beavertail. I also converted it from an ambi thumb safety to a single sided thumb safety. I did the trigger job myself and it is set to just over 4 lbs. I love this gun. I really want to get a new finish on it but I will have that professionally done.
2011-03-02_20-15-29_492.jpg

That is some awesome work that you did. The trigger looks sweet and sets off the gun really nicely as a custom job!! It's nice to have that feeling you get when you take on a project yourself and it comes out as nice as this looks. Definitely something to be proud of.

Thanks a lot! Im really proud of that build. I have other gun projects in mind but school is taking all my free time at the moment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thanks a lot! Im really proud of that build. I have other gun projects in mind but school is taking all my free time at the moment.

I'm a huge fan of beavertails, I know they're no "classic" but I prefer the 1911 Tactical look (hence why I gravitate towards kimbers). great job on that gun

I'm a huge fan of beavertails, I know they're no "classic" but I prefer the 1911 Tactical look (hence why I gravitate towards kimbers). great job on that gun

Thanks man! Yeah I like the beavertail much better and I think its more comfortable to shoot.

Thanks man! Yeah I like the beavertail much better and I think its more comfortable to shoot.

Yeah I just think they feel better for some reason too.

Mortars are now my favorite especially 81mm and 120mm heres some pics of me and the guys training

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352693344110.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352693344110.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352693351189.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352693351189.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352693359747.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352693359747.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352693370522.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352693370522.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352693381352.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352693381352.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 0
Mortars are now my favorite especially 81mm and 120mm heres some pics of me and the guys training

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

that's awesome man, gotta love the mortars haha. That will take down a large group of zombies haha

I just ordered a TRP. Thanks a lot Brian I told my wife it was your fault.

hahaha nice, hope you post some pics up once you get it in hand

Heading to the shooting range here in a little bit, gonna take a gander around the shop as well and ponder what I might want to buy. Still leaning toward something decent thats inexpensive to shoot so I can plink around with it, like the MP15-22. But I might spend a little more to get something a little better. I dunno yet...

I'm loving my new springfield XDS. It's going to be my main concealed carry gun. It will replace the 9mm SR9. Why you ask???? Because its a 45!!!!!

I love my Springfield XD too dude! They are really nice guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back