Veteran's Day, Sunday 11-11-2012

99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
I know every one's life's are busy these days with every thing going on but this sun take a minute to think of and thank the men and women who serve this country...

veterans-day-2012.jpg

A great reminder for sure, thank you to all of you serving and protecting our country as well as those who have served before you.
us-lgflag.gif

Today is Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's Day

To all my brothers in arms today, is Veterans Day Thank for your service. I am in this gun club and serve because of our camaraderie. With out you guys, it would not be worth serving. To my fellow THPs, thank a Service Member for there selfless service to your country. Give them a HUG or sturdy hand shake. You might think we are not appreciative but we are. Something sparks in our hearts and gut when we receive a heartfelt Thanks.

BECAUSE FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!!

Some of us gave, some of us gave all...

veterans-day.jpg

IMHO pay for there round of golf today.

I thought today was the marines birthday and Sunday is Veterans Day?

Happy birthday Marine Corp!

Edit: I see you are in Japan so it is today for you. I have a marine friend stationed in Okinawa maybe you know him.

Thank you to all active duty guys, reserves, and veterans out there. I appreciate what you have done and what you gave up to serve.

We had a good parade here today with guys from WW II, the Korean War, Nam, Desert Storm, Iraq, and Afghanistan participating. There are fewer of the WW II guys every year as they are reaching their nineties now. I shook a lot of hands and thanked as many of them as I could today. Most of the marchers were Viet Nam era.

If anyone gets a chance, visit the WW II memorial in DC and thank the guys there, there is always a good many and it is easy to strike up a conversation. It is very gratifying. They truly were "the greatest generation."

Could be.....

Most of the local (premium) courses are offering substantially lower rates this weekend for us. Three of us got out today and were grateful for the opportunity.

Could be.....

Most of the local (premium) courses are offering substantially lower rates this weekend for us. Three of us got out today and were grateful for the opportunity.

We are getting free carts tomorrow at my club. We have quiet a few vets in our membership. One of the Korean War guys I saw this morning in the parade is going to try to play tomorrow, he is hobbled a bit, I hope he is able to play his first round in a month.

Curt, maybe I do. Does he play? What is his name? Do you know what unit is he with?

Thank for the birthday post, Hoorah,

I was stationed in DC and went to the monuments a lot. I took my daughters and walked through. Most of the time I stopped and stroke conversation with the WWII and Korean vets. It was awesome. We used to loose track of time sharing stories. I miss that.

Can't play today. It's pouring over here.:banghead:

Thanks to all who have served and are serving in our nations military to protect our freedom. God Bless you and your family.

On behalf of me and my army buddies we really appreciate those of you who are always behind us. A lot of people just say they support the troops but its those of you who really believe in us that makes our jobs worth doing.

I appreciate every person serving and those who served in the US armed forces. I have many family members and friends who risk their lives every day for our way of life. Let us not forget their Sacrifices for they fight for and defend what our great country stands for.

3 cheers for our veterans

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

Tomorrow will be a great veterans day for sure spending it in the field with mt boys in the mortar platoon blowing stuff up always a blasty blast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I appreciate all you vets for serving our country :clapp:. I pulled a stint in Vietnam in 1970 - 71

KellyBo found a picture of me in high school (ROTC), in my senior year prior to being drafted into the Army.

32405_10200134132823206_1562958179_n.jpg

Happy Veterans day , You guys and gals are special people that do special things . I take my hat off for you today . Thank You !

I served in the first Iraq war and I cant tell you how good it feels to have someone recognize you for your sacrifice. Thank you very much from a war vet. You guys and gals are the best

Thanks to all of you who served! Love that pic Old Gray.

I served in Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Helped push Saddam and his thugs out of Kuwait during Desert Storm. May post a pic of me later. Headed off to the course right now.

Happy Veterans Day to all that have served or are currently serving to protect all that we hold dear. You all have a courage and selflessness that is beyond impressive. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Although this day is to celebrate the veterans, we must not forget the families of those brave men and women. There are time I think the sacrifices that they make is nearly equal to the veterans. Best wishes to those deployed and god speed

me2.jpg
[/IMG]

Me(in the middle) with some of Royal Navy members from England.

PC040028.jpg
[/IMG]

Me(on the right) with some Australian military.

P6260082.jpg
[/IMG]

And finally some of the US Navy's finest. (I'm in the middle)

I like sharing pictures of my time over there mainly so I can look back at where I was and seeing old friends. This was a major eye-opener for me and the way I view this great country. I used to take it for granted all the freedom we have, but after this I have a whole new perspective on what freedom really means. Take a moment to thank a veteran today, shake their hand, and strike up a conversation. If they are anything like me they don't mind talking about the guys they served with.

Thank you to everyone who has or is currently serving in the military for your service to this great country.

A very big thank you to all the men and women in our military for your service! God bless you and your families!

Thanks for your service to our country.

Happy Veteran's Day. Big thank you to all who served and protected this wonderful country.

Remember even if you are against the war etc... Try and support the troops. They are just doing their job.
Thanks to all who served past and present.

Back