TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

Very cool. Can't wait to hear all your thoughts. Those wedges look very similar to the ATVs.

They are very similar from what I'm seeing. Seemed to work pretty well on the range.

Posted via tapatalk.

I am liking the shaft choice, Hawk!

I thought you might. Between their online tool and some conversations I had with KBS, I decided to put them in there. So far, I'm glad that I did.

Posted via tapatalk.

Hawk do you know if that shaft upgrade would be an upcharge?

Frank, I'll try to find out and to get you an answer this morning.

Posted via tapatalk.

Should have just looked it up too, free upgrade on globalgolf as well. That's really huge, I just trust the KBS 90s a bit more than the rocketfuels.

I thought they were awesome. Honestly, I'm not sure I noticed any difference in terms of weight or feel. My ball fight was definitely high in a good way. The club feels very balanced in my hands as well.

Posted via tapatalk.

wow guys. these are hot irons.
@Hawk big difference from the 588s.

wow guys. these are hot irons.
@Hawk big difference from the 588s.

Definitely a big difference, but it was an easier transition than I expected.

I'd like to get a little more range time soon. I seemed to hit the mid-long irons better than I did the short irons, which is the opposite of what I see with the 588's.
Posted via tapatalk.

TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

i had a small stint with the B2.0's and liked them. love my 588s, but kinda wish i still had the B2.0's as well.
these RBladez do look quite similar. i'd definitely be interested in the Tour model too.

I must say that AW is one of the nicest set wedges I have seen. I love the set AW in these types of sets and that is a job well done. I was surprised that the top lines were so close in the i20 vs bladez. Well done to keep them semi thin. It is no surprise that the GI version come in with much more heft than the 588's. I am really interested to know what you fine fella's think about feel off the face in terms of contact and sound. Hawk, 25mph wind is strong and to still get a really good distance from that 7 or 8 is great. I dont think those could have been flyers... The ball must have a pretty forward yet high arching flight, correct? I ask because wind play kills my game (although it could be mental, more likely is) and I look for an iron/shaft combo that has a really nice forward push. Could ya fella's thp tv some of that testing so we can salivate at your real world resutls?

Very nice pics so far you two. I can't wait to add to the party on Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must say that AW is one of the nicest set wedges I have seen. I love the set AW in these types of sets and that is a job well done. I was surprised that the top lines were so close in the i20 vs bladez. Well done to keep them semi thin. It is no surprise that the GI version come in with much more heft than the 588's. I am really interested to know what you fine fella's think about feel off the face in terms of contact and sound. Hawk, 25mph wind is strong and to still get a really good distance from that 7 or 8 is great. I dont think those could have been flyers... The ball must have a pretty forward yet high arching flight, correct? I ask because wind play kills my game (although it could be mental, more likely is) and I look for an iron/shaft combo that has a really nice forward push. Could ya fella's thp tv some of that testing so we can salivate at your real world resutls?

Isn't it pretty much just an ATV wedge?

Isn't it pretty much just an ATV wedge?

Yes it pretty much is. Color me impressed with the look, I was not expecting it. I think its fantastic! Its the little things like a wedge that can drive a partial ponder to a full one...

The AW is a little different than I would have expected, to be honest. I did know what to expect from some research, but my first thought when hearing about the set wedges was that they'd have the same cavity and shape as the irons. I'm not sure how or if I'll use it in the long run. The benefit of a set wedge is usually forgiveness and continuity with the iron set.

As for that first shot, my first thought was maybe it was a flyer as well, but a few things make me think that isn't the case.

1) It was from a clean lie.
2) Shot shape was high and drawing.
3) The ball was an e6 and it stopped within feet of the pitchmark. I'd expect a flyer to just keep rolling, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Ball flight does seem like a high arch from what I recall, but like I said, it really handled wind better than I expected it to. As a comparison, I hit a well-struck hybrid into the same wind, the ball shot straight up, and I lost a bunch of yards.

Will definitely work on getting some video in the coming week for you.

Thanks Hawk! I really look forward to seeing that. One of the otehr aspects that interests some of us is the gapping between clubs. In addition, what is the added bonus of a full club set of these as opposed to just buyin the 3,4,5 where it appeared TMAG's marketing comes into play the most (I will stand corrected if incorrect). So many questions, glad to have you folks on board for answers

I'll do my best to get some gapping numbers for you this week. Likely mid or late week based on the way my schedule is looking at the moment. I'm actually really interested in that as well. I will say right now that the 7 iron really just seemed like a rocket to me. lol at the pun, but that's actually the word that came to my mind. The 8 seemed pretty hot as well though, even without the slot.

Looking forward to seeing the Tour version which I'm sure will look much less GI.

And I like the look of this wedge over the ATV's:
DSCN1430-L.jpg

I'm crazy curious about the 4i, both off the tee and turf. The gaps will certainly be an interesting thing to actually witness on course as well. I'm certainly eager to get at it with these.

Nice first review Hawk! What are your thoughts on the speed slot so far?

I'm crazy curious about the 4i, both off the tee and turf. The gaps will certainly be an interesting thing to actually witness on course as well. I'm certainly eager to get at it with these.

I hit the 4 iron a handful of times on the practice range, but I'm not quite ready to bag it at this point. I had some good and not-so-good shots with it. The good one was definitely on the long side, but I wasn't extremely accurate with it. Definitely something I want to spend more time with. The 5 iron got hit once on the course for a layup on a par 5 and actually worked really well.

Nice first review Hawk! What are your thoughts on the speed slot so far?

As far as looks go, it's pretty discrete to me. It's filled with some sort of soft plastic that really seems to do something to dampen vibration. It's pretty cool if you ask me.

As far as looks go, it's pretty discrete to me. It's filled with some sort of soft plastic that really seems to do something to dampen vibration. It's pretty cool if you ask me.

Thanks Hawk. I'll be curious to see if you guys think it helps with distance (which I think is their goal with the slot).

Thanks Hawk. I'll be curious to see if you guys think it helps with distance (which I think is their goal with the slot).

From what I'm seeing, it's there for distance as well as forgiveness and my impressions yesterday have me leaning towards it working pretty well at both. I have a few ideas for data I want to get so we can see what effect it has.

From what I'm seeing, it's there for distance as well as forgiveness and my impressions yesterday have me leaning towards it working pretty well at both. I have a few ideas for data I want to get so we can see what effect it has.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to it.

Back