Something Big Is Coming - 11-12-12

This makes a lot of sense on several levels. GC has a certain amount of programming which involves non-pro's doing something special related to golf. This would certainly fit the model. Then ad in the OEM connections to the event, marketing implications, etc., and I could see it happening. Or it could be GHIN finally coming to THP and it being tied to AC membership :)

First post indicated that manufacturers would be jumping on board. The GHIN system can't do much for an equipment company.

First post indicated that manufacturers would be jumping on board. The GHIN system can't do much for an equipment company.

And the OEMs are already advertising on the Golf Channel. Don't think either will be the announcement tomorrow.

I wonder if its THP brand coffee.

And the OEMs are already advertising on the Golf Channel. Don't think either will be the announcement tomorrow.

Agreed. I think it'll be something awesome though.

I wonder if its THP brand coffee.

THP has their own sponsorship with Xyience and will now be sold in the THP store?

I love seeing these guesses!

Rhino,
WHile we wont say whether or not Callaway is involved with our announcement, I can tell you that they have their own thing launching tomorrow and THP will have details on that separately.

Josh,
I would never expect you to tip your hand on this announcement. Just found the coincidence interesting. I am certain anything an OEM does like a big launching, THP would be on it to report it to the rest of us.

But JB didn't NOT not say Callaway was involved ... hmm ... lol. I love THP Speculation.

mward2002 said:
THP has their own sponsorship with Xyience and will now be sold in the THP store?

I can taste it now: Xyience in THP Greens Fee Lime. Mmm...

You are looking at it purely from the Golf Channel's perspective.

True, though that was a subconscious thing. I guess the benefits to THP of being associated to GC seem pretty obvious and substantial.

Dear Golf Channel,

Stay away from THP.

Posted via tapatalk.

I know. That was a jab at myself. The probability of me guessing it right - well actually acknowledging someone else getting it right - are low :)

True, though that was a subconscious thing. I guess the benefits to THP of being associated to GC seem pretty obvious and substantial.

Well I guess from our perspective from a purely statistical (viewers & traffic) standpoint we would disagree.

Dear Golf Channel,

Stay away from THP.

Posted via tapatalk.

You are safe buddy. Two companies going in very different directions.

Well I guess from our perspective from a purely statistical (viewers & traffic) standpoint we would disagree.

Interesting. GC claims to have > 60M 'subscriptions' (viewers?). If THP is doing better than that, then wow, good for all of us, but especially JB and GG.

Sweet!

Interesting. GC claims to have > 60M 'subscriptions' (viewers?). If THP is doing better than that, then wow, good for all of us, but especially JB and GG.

I imagine that it is more on the content level then looking at it from a pure numbers standpoint.

Did not see the edit. I wont get into their stats vs this site on a specific level, other than to say that I am sure anybody with a cable package that includes the channel would be counted in that number. That would be like THP counting every reader as someone that googled golf and somewhere in the search results THP was listed. Either that, or the NFL and every major network better look out, because the Golf CHannel is burying all of them in viewership.

I'm thinking an upgrade to the site, different looks

Could THP t.v. be anoucing the Morgan Cup team's and each players sponsor live? Maybe a contest to attend the PGA merchandise show with THP? Endless possibilities

Could THP be announcing acquiring The Golf Channel? FrankA and SharkWrestler will be the new hosts of The Morning Drive.

Back