Barclays Singapore Open (spoilers)

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
I am up a little late tonight and was pleasantly surprised to find live first round coverage of the Barclays Singapore Open on. Most exciting thing so far is Padrig Harrington is rocking a Fu-Manchu stache. Movember?

Phil's pink trousers were quite fetching.

Slow burn leaderboard. On way to work so will be using phone for updates.

Is there any pics of paudy's mustache??

He wants to be Andres. I commend him. So much for round 1. First delay of the week, look out for some more.

Is Rory sporting anything Nike yet?

Holy moustache, Paddy! Wow! And Phil going with the Pink trousers...nice. Apparently Paul Casey will be playing the Covert driver, so I'm anxious to see that in action.

Nice, JN. Let us know how it looks on TV, I really like that sucker.

Holy moustache, Paddy! Wow! And Phil going with the Pink trousers...nice. Apparently Paul Casey will be playing the Covert driver, so I'm anxious to see that in action.

-3 for the first round says it didn't go horribly wrong!

-3 for the first round says it didn't go horribly wrong!

Dang that means I missed Casey. Oh well, will have to catch it earlier tomorrow.

Play has been delayed for the threat of lightning. Rory McIlroy was shown wearing his usual Oakley, Jumeirah hat, caddy still touting the Titleist bag.

Dang that means I missed Casey. Oh well, will have to catch it earlier tomorrow.

Play has been delayed for the threat of lightning. Rory McIlroy was shown wearing his usual Oakley, Jumeirah hat, caddy still touting the Titleist bag.

Thats because it isnt January 1st yet.

HOLY WHAT?!?! I'm not gonna lie, I jumped a little bit when I saw that. Was not expecting it.

haha honestly when I was watching last night I thought it was just a funny shadow from the TV at first. looks so weird on him.

I watched this for an hour longer than I had planned on just because of paddy's fu manchu. that thing is a scene

Wow. Just saw Monty. No longer looks like mrs doubtfire. Looks like someone that ATE mrs doubtfire.

Watching the end of this now. I know it already finished, but TGC is showing the playoff now. Lodewicus just lipped out a 5-footer for the win.

Wow! Manassero with the eagle for the win! Nice.

That was a long final day. 3 tour titles and still 19? This Italian kid could be something special....

Wow. Just saw Monty. No longer looks like mrs doubtfire. Looks like someone that ATE mrs doubtfire.

Yeah; and I thought it was odd when the TV commentator said that it looked like Monty still had a win or two in him on the tour. I was thinking... what does he mean by "in him."

That was a long final day. 3 tour titles and still 19? This Italian kid could be something special....

Yeah; 3 wins in 3 seasons. Not terrible by any means... but he needs to get the distances up, otherwise he will be stuck in Brain Gay land. Brian has had a great career, but not particularly special. If only he could hit it longer...

Yeah; 3 wins in 3 seasons. Not terrible by any means... but he needs to get the distances up, otherwise he will be stuck in Brain Gay land. Brian has had a great career, but not particularly special. If only he could hit it longer...

True. He still struggles a bit on the longer tracks. His record is even more impressive when you consider his age.

True. He still struggles a bit on the longer tracks. His record is even more impressive when you consider his age.

Yeah, for sure. Which also leads me to believe that he can still "grow into" some length off the tee.

Everyone seems obsessed with length these days. Matteo will be just fine. His sound strategic mind, accuracy off the tee and excellent short-game skills will make him a world-class champ.

Luke Donald and Jim Furyk have both more than proved that you don't need to carry your driver 300 yards in order to be a great player, or a major champion.

No one would ever contend that Donald's inability to secure a major is due to his lack of length. He has had golden opportunities, but was simply unable to hit the right shot at the critical moment.

I'm glad to see Matteo back on track. He's a fine kid, and an entertaining golfer to watch.

Everyone seems obsessed with length these days. Matteo will be just fine. His sound strategic mind, accuracy off the tee and excellent short-game skills will make him a world-class champ.

Luke Donald and Jim Furyk have both more than proved that you don't need to carry your driver 300 yards in order to be a great player, or a major champion.

No one would ever contend that Donald's inability to secure a major is due to his lack of length. He has had golden opportunities, but was simply unable to hit the right shot at the critical moment.

I'm glad to see Matteo back on track. He's a fine kid, and an entertaining golfer to watch.

It is something Matteo himself has described as a limitation. I take him at his word.

Back