Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

I'm not sure when they'll be in but I'm hoping within a week or two like the last time. I'm feeling a little guilty about it actually being that it's Christmas and I need to be thinking of others instead of myself.

Thanks for buying your Christmas present from me to you this year :D. Now where is mine :confused2::crying:? hehe KB has worked sooooooo hard on our new home with the moving, unpacking, and all that's in between, she deserves some Ping love. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they work for her :thumb:

I have enjoyed my i20's this year got them in April, though I have decided to have them adjusted. Am sending them in to PING tomorrow to have the lie / color code adjusted - they seem too upright for me now. Going from White down to Yellow lie angle. The nice thing about PING is that when they do this they update the database so it is documented. This adds to the value to the value of the clubs I think, to have this kind of service.

Anyway I hope I get them back in time for the True Blue gathering.

Thanks for buying your Christmas present from me to you this year :D. Now where is mine :confused2::crying:? hehe KB has worked sooooooo hard on our new home with the moving, unpacking, and all that's in between, she deserves some Ping love. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they work for her :thumb:

KellyBo + i20's = Gray's arse in the woodshed!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Had the i20's out with me today (of course) and they saved my hide on a few shots. A few I thought I'd downright flubbed ended up just a chip and a putt away.

I have enjoyed my i20's this year got them in April, though I have decided to have them adjusted. Am sending them in to PING tomorrow to have the lie / color code adjusted - they seem too upright for me now. Going from White down to Yellow lie angle. The nice thing about PING is that when they do this they update the database so it is documented. This adds to the value to the value of the clubs I think, to have this kind of service.

Nice man! I hope they come back just like you want them!

Had the i20's out with me today (of course) and they saved my hide on a few shots. A few I thought I'd downright flubbed ended up just a chip and a putt away.

Dude, by the way, I just wanted to say that your bag set up is beautiful. I am really digging the entire PING thing. I know you have had it for a while, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Dude, by the way, I just wanted to say that your bag set up is beautiful. I am really digging the entire PING thing. I know you have had it for a while, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Hah. I appreciate it. I just really love what PING is all about and they all perform beautifully for me. Can't go wrong with em' at least for me. I think the true testament to PING and the i20's especially is that I haven't fiddled with my bag in over 3 months now. I don't know if you followed my bag before (probably not) but it was an ever revolving weekly swapout for me before these. Now I wouldnt switch if I could for free.

Nice man! I hope they come back just like you want them!
Yes me too. When I first started playing them I was having the best time, hitting many more greens and shot a good tournament round to win my flight finally, etc. But after a while started seeing the ball go more left, and felt something going on. Right now I'm hitting some another iron set which are less offset and less upright and they are working well. I decided to get the i20's brought down a little to see how that works out.

I hit some S56 cubs at a local PING demo day recently and I really liked those. I preferred them with the KBS tour shaft in R flex. They just felt right and I hit them with good contact. Weird- back early this year I was trying the G and i clubs. I played the G15 irons for a few rounds, as I thought that given the scores I shoot and my handicap that I needed a super game improvement iron. But as it turned out I very much preferred the i20 to the G15 then. And I like the i20 now, but might be curious about the S56 next year (or whatever S model replaces the 56).

The i20 is very forgiving. I keep telling guys that they are easier to hit and softer feeling than the G20/G15 but they don't believe me. Well, that is the way they seem to me.

Last edited:
KellyBo + i20's = Gray's arse in the woodshed!!!

haha This ^^^^^^^ is kind of funny, I think :bulgy-eyes:

The i20 is very forgiving. I keep telling guys that they are easier to hit and softer feeling than the G20/G15 but they don't believe me. Well, that is the way they seem to me.

I too find the i20 irons easier to hit than the G15 irons. A lot seems to have to do with the overall size of the heads and sole sizes, IMO. I also can hit the center of the i20 irons more than the G15s. I just seem to have a hard time getting the larger heads turned over properly.

I also have the i5 irons and find them easier and better than the G15s for probably the same reasons. I also find the smaller irons much easier to control when around the greens, not to mention the much better feel of the i20 irons.

haha This ^^^^^^^ is kind of funny, I think :bulgy-eyes:

It's all in good fun, buddy. I can't speak for your game personally but I'm always gonna root for the i20 gamers!!! :wink:

It's all in good fun, buddy. I can't speak for your game personally but I'm always gonna root for the i20 gamers!!! :wink:

I hear ya bro and apparently for good reason as tons of folks on here, love em some i20's :in-love:

the I20s may not walk on water but I think they could solve the fiscal cliff if elected to Congress. But that's just me.

PING i20s Irons ....

Even Thor has had to come to grips with their inexplicable power.

People desire to touch their faces for medicinal purposes.

Many have compared a swing with these as being both perplexing and arousing at the same time.

They simply are the Worlds Most Interesting Golf Clubs.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

PING i20s Irons ....

Many have compared a swing with these as being both perplexing and arousing at the same time.

Ya'll had better quit this shat or I will be in lust mode and steal KellyBo's new irons :alien:. haha she is only getting four irons (6-pw)and her old swing coach had better be cutting her a great deal. Them Ping irons are pretty high cotton in cost huh?

Great sticks OG. Better get you a matching set.

Great sticks OG. Better get you a matching set.

Not sure what I'm heading to in 2013 if anything. I know either my current irons will have to be bent up a couple notches or something's got to give.

I saw these while at home the States on leave 6 weeks ago, hit them on a launch monitor on a couple of days in a row, and then got fitted. Finally got them in the mail this week and went out to hit a few (in 32 degree weather!) I was pleasantly surprised that they were really no harder to hit than my CG 7s, and probably because they were fit -- performed better in our cold wet conditions. I find that the bounce and offset suit me very well and love the penetrating ball flight. The toe forgiveness is astounding for what (found out after I ordered) is considered a players iron. The weather will only worsen, but I intend to hit them indoors regularly over the winter. 6-UW, and went with G20 Hybrids in the 4 and 5. Really looking forward to next year (and will try to convince the wife that we should go somewhere warm for Christmas!

This review thread is superb and I congratulate and thank all of the testers for their outstanding efforts.

Congrats on the new stix.

What does Ping charge for this? And what kind of turn around? I need to get my black dots bent down to purple.

PING i20s Irons ....

:banana:

Got out for my second round this weekend with the new irons. Struggled mightily with everything, and threw up a score that immediately wanted to forget. :bulgy-eyes: That being said, I did have a few great shots with the i20s. I'm finding these to be a little lower than my previous irons with just as much or even a little more spin into greens. I don't think I released a ball more than a few feet on an iron shot the entire round, including the 6 iron into the green on 18 These sticks feel so darn good when you pipe one right in the center of the face. I'm still learning distances, but so far it seems like I lost about 5 yards per club. Absolutely no issue for me as long as it's consistent. I'm sure I'll get a little of that back as I get more comfortable. Red dot is a big change from my old irons. These are also about a full inch shorter, so it's a work in progress. Well worth it if I can have more shots like the good ones I saw this weekend.

311,000 views in less than a year, I'd say that says something about these irons.

I love to keep reading the i20 feedback and recent purchases.

Got out for my second round this weekend with the new irons. Struggled mightily with everything, and threw up a score that immediately wanted to forget. :bulgy-eyes: That being said, I did have a few great shots with the i20s. I'm finding these to be a little lower than my previous irons with just as much or even a little more spin into greens. I don't think I released a ball more than a few feet on an iron shot the entire round, including the 6 iron into the green on 18 These sticks feel so darn good when you pipe one right in the center of the face. I'm still learning distances, but so far it seems like I lost about 5 yards per club. Absolutely no issue for me as long as it's consistent. I'm sure I'll get a little of that back as I get more comfortable. Red dot is a big change from my old irons. These are also about a full inch shorter, so it's a work in progress. Well worth it if I can have more shots like the good ones I saw this weekend.

These are defiantly more spinier than my JPX Pro's. I do think I have lost some distance as well but hard to tell playing winter golf. Keep at it Jon, the i20's are by far the best iron I have gamed.

What does Ping charge for this? And what kind of turn around? I need to get my black dots bent down to purple.
It's 18 dollars for the adjustment (8 clubs) plus shipping to and fro. I didn't ask regarding turn around. Hope it isn't more than a couple days else I'll be playing backup irons at True Blue.

It's 18 dollars for the adjustment (8 clubs) plus shipping to and fro. I didn't ask regarding turn around. Hope it isn't more than a couple days else I'll be playing backup irons at True Blue.

Wow. That's really a good deal.

Back