Good Microwave Popcorn?

BradMorris64

Turf Fears Me
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any not made by Conagra that doesn't smell awful before it's popped. Its usually okay after it's popped but that actually concerns me:sick:. Anyway, I'm off all week and will probably catch up on some movies and would like some popcorn to go with 'em.

Thanks.

It isn't microwaved but I am presently addicted to Trader Joe's Olive Oil popcorn. It is amazing!

Alright, Jerky, Almonds, and Now popcorn, I'm getting the munchies and I don't even live in Washington or Colorado lol. I love Orville Redenbacher, just good stuff. I need to try the Trader Joes.

Alright, Jerky, Almonds, and Now popcorn, I'm getting the munchies and I don't even live in Washington or Colorado lol. I love Orville Redenbacher, just good stuff. I need to try the Trader Joes.

hahahah be careful. I told a colleague of mine and she simultaneously thanked me and hated me for it hahaha

Never tried Trader Joe's. Guess I could get out the old popcorn maker. Thanks!

Never tried Trader Joe's. Guess I could get out the old popcorn maker. Thanks!

No no - it's BAGGED. Best Bagged popcorn EVER - ready to eat.

Oh man I love popcorn! You would think a popcorn lover would have some favorite no-name brand...but not me! My favorite is Pop-Secret Kettle Corn. Followed up by their movie style butter. Cant go wrong in my book.

Oh man I love popcorn! You would think a popcorn lover would have some favorite no-name brand...but not me! My favorite is Pop-Secret Kettle Corn. Followed up by their movie style butter. Cant go wrong in my book.

I'll second the pop secret kettle. But my first choice is pop secret homestyle. It's simple and the salt tastes better IMO

I'll second the pop secret kettle. But my first choice is pop secret homestyle. It's simple and the salt tastes better IMO

Yes, the homestyle is pretty good for when you want something in simple and mild.

We get the 28 package case of Orville Redenbacher extra butter at Sam's Club.

That's made at ConAgra though, so I really didn't help you.

I always make my own. Mix a little oil, corn kernels and salt (add sugar for kettle korn) in a bowl to get a good coating of salt, toss into a brown paper bag, fold the top, microwave and ... wallah! I want to try the "mushroom" kernels that pop up much larger than what we normally see in the stores.

We have Orville Redenbacher from Costco - it's not bad.. best microwaved popcorn I've had. However, if you can, invest in one of these babies:

11740816782378P.JPG

Best popcorn I have ever had at home was made in one of them! Just add some oil and whatever seasonings you want so it can be as healthy or as tasty as you want.

You can also do popcorn in a large frying pan with a lid - if you do a quick google search you will find all sorts of recipes.

11740816782378P.JPG

Best popcorn I have ever had at home was made in one of them! Just add some oil and whatever seasonings you want so it can be as healthy or as tasty as you want.

You can also do popcorn in a large frying pan with a lid - if you do a quick google search you will find all sorts of recipes.

We have one of these. Much better natural popcorn made on the stove without any added chemicals. Takes about 2 minutes longer than microwave.

Just bought some Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater popcorn on Sat. Love it. Intrigued with Trader Joes. Don't know if they have it in NJ.

Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Butter. It cannot be beat. Ever.

I'm a pop secret kettle corn man myself. I'll go through phases where I eat it every night for a month straight.

There's a local company here in Nebraska that bags Red Popcorn we buy in bulk, but you need a popper to use it, I love it in the old style with a bit of oil. Very tasty!!!

Okay, even though it's made by Conagra I tried the Orville Redenbacher and I will say that it didn't have that odd smell before popping and was quite good afterward. Thanks for the tips. Too bad the movie (Red Dawn) wasn't quite as good as I remembered it being 20 some years ago. Guess I'll go check out the favorite movies thread for other ideas.

I just tried this. It was marvelous.

I know I will try this one Smallie. Thanks for sharing.

after you pop the bag you can also then just melt some butter in a bowl in the micro and then pour it over the popped pop corn.

I've tried them all many times and I don't think any of them are great at all. One of the best ones imo and one which we've been buying lately is Costco's brand "Kirkland". Of course you first need to have a Costco near buy lol.

But my fam and I like it the best. Extremely few un popped cornels left in the bag, a real good taste, and the bag itself is much heavier than the others and does not easily rip apart at all.

Combine all that with the fact that you get a box of 44 bags for about $12 bucks and its a big winner all the way around.

Usually only go with the boy scouts microwave popcorn. Around here, its now made by a local place called Pecatonica River Popcorn. Seems decent enough to me. www.prpopcorn.com

Back