Bushnell Releases Smallest Rangefinder

To anybody who had played with this...how is the battery life? I really would like to pick one of these up but don't want to have to buy a bunch of batteries all the time.

Seriously. Tappin'.

That's a good question. So far I've had mine a couple weeks now and the battery level still shows full. I also have a gps unit too so I don't use the laser on every single hole. Just certain shots I want to know to the flag or something specific. So your mileage may vary. My last laser went two years before needing a new battery but it also took a 9v battery.

Alright. Thanks Kmac. Good to know they should last for quite awhile then.

Would still like to hear your findings as well cookie!

Seriously. Tappin'.

Alright. Thanks Kmac. Good to know they should last for quite awhile then.

Would still like to hear your findings as well cookie!

Seriously. Tappin'.

Like I said Ive only had it a few weeks now and I dont use it ever hole either. Id think it should be good for the whole season at the least though. Could be wrong though as Im sure it all depends on usage.

COLT, looks sharp. Looking forward to what you think of it. Do you have a laser this will be replacing?

Nope. This'll be my first. Excited for this weekend's round!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Colt, thanks for the pic. I'm amazed how small this thing looks in every picture, can't wait to see one in person!

Colt, thanks for the pic. I'm amazed how small this thing looks in every picture, can't wait to see one in person!

No problem. It is small, no doubt. However, take it FWIW my hands are weirdly large for my body size. FJ XL sized gloves fit pretty snug on me.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I just bought one of these so I could have a tournament legal unit. It appears the Z6 has a tint to the optics similar to the Leupold GX-3 and 4 which I do not care for. So I will be keeping the hunting unit and sending this one back to amazon. If anyone wants it for what I paid PM me for details. Probably ship it back in a couple days if there are no takers.

There is not a Z6 slope model, only the Pro 1M and V2 come in slope models.

Anyhow, got to use this for 9 holes this evening and I am very happy with the purchase. It has ESP (Extreme, Speed, Accuracy) as one of it's selling points and it is dead on. If you have a target in view and hit the button, you get a yardage readout immediately.

I was concerned about using one as I do not tend to have the steadiest hands. I could see the target swaying a bit when grabbing a yardage but the unit does a great job of identifying the pin when it is your target. I only had 1 issue today where it grabbed the trees initially behind the flag at 308 yards, so I re-did it and got 208 to the flag. Readout could not be any easier to read and is very vivid.

FWIW, I grabbed mine for $339 shipped so there are deals to be found on it.

cookie, how do you find yourself using both the XGC+ and the z6?

cookie, how do you find yourself using both the XGC+ and the z6?

Funny you bring that up as I have more and more saw myself not even pulling out the GPS any more. I did use it during the Morgan Cup some when we were playing a course and unsure of distances to hazards, etc especially with so many dog legs.

When I go out to my home course today, I will not even power the GPS up since I know what is there and nothing is a surprise to me. It came in handy a few times at the DFW get together on Saturday when we were playing a new course and unsure of exact distances to hazards (just like in SC).

So, I like having both but don't use the GPS a ton any longer.

I got a notification today that I won one of these in a facebook contest on the Bushnell fan page. I'll make sure to post my thoughts on the devise once I receive it and get to use it out on the course. I currently use a Skycaddie SGX and the renewal date on it comes up in spring of 2013, so I've been thinking about trying something new anyway. This will be perfect!

Z6 arrived today. I'll be using it in several rounds over the holiday week. I'll post my thoughts here. I'll compare it to the SGX I've been using.

You can see how the unit compares in size to my laptop keyboard and my blackberry in this image. Excited to get it out on the course.

mura7e4y.jpg

I'm picking up my Z6 on Thursday. It's my Christmass present from Regina. I have some interesting thoughts about it already and i'm looking forward to sharing them when i get to use it.

Needless to say i'm not aloud have it till santa arrives :at-wits-end:

Wow, small and nice looking. But i will keep using golfshot, hundreds of dollars cheaper and easier to use.

Love my Z6. The red display is amazing, and really helps a lot.

I have been looking at the Z6 for awhile....in series Ponder mode on this thing.

I've gotten in three 18 hole rounds and a 9 hole round with the Z6 this week. The device is very simple to use and the pinseeker technology really makes you confident that it is the flag you are sighting. I'm already using the Z6 more than my skycaddie SGX just because It's quicker to use. Accuracy comparison between the Z6 and SGX on multiple holes showed that the two devices were always within 2 or 3 yards. Certainly not enough for someone at my level of play to worry about.

Each device does have strengths and weakness and I'll continue using both at least until my SGX subscription expires in May.

My wife gave me an early BD present while we were in Oregon in early October, a Tour Z6 to replace a Bushnell Pro 1600 tournament edition.

My observations:

Size; I wanted it due to small size and the size is great in most respects. I have played 27 rounds using it and find it a bit harder to use than the larger 1600 which it is replacing. I have more trouble holding it steady and pressing the button because it is almost too small.

Display; The display is an easy-to-read bright red color.

Accuracy; it displays in tenths of yards which sounds like it is very accurate but if you shoot it again you probably will get a slightly different reading sometimes as much as 4 yards difference. With the 1600 readings were very consistent.

Battery; through 27 rounds, the battery icon is unchanged at full charge.

Toughness; I have dropped it a couple of times with no damage. The 1600 has a broken battery door from a drop.

Waterproof; yep, it works in the rain and light fog.

Summary: It is a keeper because of its size and toughness even though it is not as easy to use and not as accurate as the full sized 1600. The Z6 would be a good choice for anyone who carries their bag.

That's a good question. So far I've had mine a couple weeks now and the battery level still shows full. I also have a gps unit too so I don't use the laser on every single hole. Just certain shots I want to know to the flag or something specific. So your mileage may vary. My last laser went two years before needing a new battery but it also took a 9v battery.

That's good to know! It's so annoying when one have to keep changing batteries

For those of you with the Z6, can anyone tell me why they think it's worth the additional money over the V2?

Or if anyone decided not to go with the Z6, can you tell me why?

For those of you with the Z6, can anyone tell me why they think it's worth the additional money over the V2?

I dunno. The seemingly holographic and high visibility display it has. Plus... If your that good... It read yardages to the tenth of a yard once you get inside a certain distance. Plus is just way more portable, and that's my favorite thing about it.

Thanks Colt. Morning bump for anyone else with a V2 or Z6

I dunno. The seemingly holographic and high visibility display it has. Plus... If your that good... It read yardages to the tenth of a yard once you get inside a certain distance. Plus is just way more portable, and that's my favorite thing about it.

I have not owned the V2 but have used one once. IIRC, the Z6 is quite a bit smaller in hand and the red display made it easier to pickup the target. I also think something was done internal to the unit that improved the pin seeking technology.

Thanks man.

I'm probably going to go with the Z6 but wanted to make sure I could justify it first.

I have not owned the V2 but have used one once. IIRC, the Z6 is quite a bit smaller in hand and the red display made it easier to pickup the target. I also think something was done internal to the unit that improved the pin seeking technology.

I haven't used a V2. I am satisfied with the Z6 because it is very small, tough, and seems to have good battery life so far. See my comments above for full thoughts.

I haven't used a V2. I am satisfied with the Z6 because it is very small, tough, and seems to have good battery life so far. See my comments above for full thoughts.

Great point about battery life. Have had mine for 5 months now and am still on the first battery. Probably at least 40 rounds on it to this point.

Back