The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except peanut butter cookies. I don't like peanut butter cookies.

They're not my favorite either, but PB&J or PB & Fluff are my sandwiches of choice when I'm playing golf.

They're not my favorite either, but PB&J or PB & Fluff are my sandwiches of choice when I'm playing golf.

PB & Nutella is great as is PB & chocolate frosting. Also PB & honey makes a great sandwich.

PB & Nutella is great as is PB & chocolate frosting. Also PB & honey makes a great sandwich.

Something new to try. I make mine on brioche bread from Whole Foods. The bread really makes a difference.

Yeah, PB sandwiches are fine (as long as it is "real" PB and not the Jif-type stuff).

But I don't like PB cookies, ice-cream, energy bars, etc.

Oddly though, I LOVE Reese's PB Cups.

Im watching GG roast marshmellows for herself on a butter knife right on the gas range.

My sister and I used an ice pick for that when we were growing up! hehehe
People with electric ranges don't have the campfire effect!

I did that just last weekend. My wife just rolled her eyes.

Yeah, PB sandwiches are fine (as long as it is "real" PB and not the Jif-type stuff).

Do you make your own Harry? All you need is a food processor - maybe Claire will loan you her new one. If you've never tried - trust me and try it - it's the best peanut butter ever.

Do you make your own Harry? All you need is a food processor - maybe Claire will loan you her new one. If you've never tried - trust me and try it - it's the best peanut butter ever.

I have a food processor. (And a stand mixer and a stick mixer and a hand mixer and a Silpat and a bundt pan . . .)

But I don't make PB because Trader Joe's sells 100% natural, 100% peanuts PB and it's yummy.

But I don't make PB because Trader Joe's sells 100% natural, 100% peanuts PB and it's yummy.

I've had Trader Joe's PB. Have you tried Whole Foods? It's even better although you really have to mix the oil in at first.

I've had Trader Joe's PB. Have you tried Whole Foods? It's even better although you really have to mix the oil in at first.

I haven't yet, but only because the WF store is inconvenient. There is a new one opening right next to my range soon.

You have to mix TJs PB too. Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it makes me wonder what Jif, et al puts in their PB to keep it from separating.

I haven't yet, but only because the WF store is inconvenient. There is a new one opening right next to my range soon.

You have to mix TJs PB too. Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it makes me wonder what Jif, et al puts in their PB to keep it from separating.

Have you tried TJs PB & J Trail mix? So good.

But I don't like PB cookies, ice-cream, energy bars, etc.

Oddly though, I LOVE Reese's PB Cups.

Agree on all counts. Similarly, I don't like coffee flavored things -- ice cream, candy, whatever -- except I do drink coffee/capuccino.

You couldn't pay me to eat a raw blueberry, but I'll eat them in muffins, pies, etc.

All PB here. As much coffee as possible (at least a pot a morning), and fresh blueberries are fabulous. Especially up in Maine. Plus--it's sour cherry season. :joy:

My sister and I used an ice pick for that when we were growing up! hehehe
People with electric ranges don't have the campfire effect!

I did that just last weekend. My wife just rolled her eyes.

The best is sticking a bunch of them on a rotisserie over a gas grill flame. The grill isn't just for bbq-ing!!

Tomorrow at noon 34 and 56 seconds, the time and date will be:

12:34.56 07/08/09

That doesn't happen until August 7 for most of the rest of the world!

And at 11 minutes and 12 seconds after ten o'clock, it will be . . . 07/08/09 10:11:12

hehehe

Heck, while we are at it . . . At five minutes and six seconds after 4 AM/PM on the 8th of July this year, the time and date will be 04:05:06 07/08/09.

And at 11 minutes and 12 seconds after ten o'clock, it will be . . . 07/08/09 10:11:12

hehehe

That won't happen until August 7th for most of the rest of the world.

hehe, yep Harry. hahaha

(only reason I thought of that is I read that at the HD forum today!)

That doesn't happen until August 7 for most of the rest of the world!

I still remember some Agatha Christie mystery from my youth, where the murderer had the perfect alibi for July 8 but needed it for August 7 or something.

You and my wife are the only two people I ever met who like PB and Fluff sandwiches!!!

You and my wife are the only two people I ever met who like PB and Fluff sandwiches!!!

My mother was sensible enough to refuse to buy the fluff. Naturally, we all longed for it. I think when I finally had some, it was a real letdown.

I love it, but won't eat marshmallows unless they're toasted. I tried the fancy organic fluff at Whole Foods, but the original is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back