The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this something you really want to be "setting records" for???
Delhi doctor performs 24 knee replacement surgeries in a day | Latest News From Around the World

Delhi doctor performs 24 knee replacement surgeries in a day

A team of medicos led by Delhi-based Ashok Rajgopal claimed to have set a new record by performing 24 knee replacement surgeries in a day, an official said Thursday.

Rajgopal, director of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement at Fortis hospital, Vasant Kunj, along with his team of doctors and paramedics, performed the surgeries March 24.

The hospital claimed it to be a “world record”.

“We started at 7.00 a.m. and finished the last surgery at 3.45 p.m. All the patients are perfectly fit and will be discharged by Sunday,” Rajgopal said.

“Our approach was focussed like a cricketer. The surgeries took place in two operation theatres and everyone of us enjoyed it though it became tiring towards the end,” he added.

Knee replacement surgery is conducted on patients with severe arthritis and requires skilled doctors.

“Recent advancements in the area of knee replacement surgery have made it possible to selectively replace only the diseased half of the knee joint. Due to the minimal disturbance to soft tissues, the patient’s hospital stay gets reduced and post operative pain is also greatly minimised,” Rajgopal added.

I was watching the RBC Canadian Open last night (what there was of it) and there was an Orbitz commercial on. Note the logo on the light blue polo:

hrc.gif
I noticed it when I saw it too. I used to have a blue and yellow Shift Moto shirt that had the same logo. The logo wasnt identical, but it was close enough for them to change it.
images

When did teenagers start wearing sport coats? Ive seen a few of them today and its 105.

At least in my market, I've seen a few commercials focusing on gay travelers. Less likely to have kids + two incomes = more travel, I suppose.

I'm really glad I found this forum, I would never have noticed the logo or known its significance without you. I am really out of touch.

I have a supervisor who is deathly afraid of them, for unknown reasons. One year we put them all over her desk and office, and a package in her desk drawer for luck. She almost had a heart attack. This year I taped the Wash Post's Peep Diorama contest results on her door. She scoured the office and started cross-examining staff to find the culprit. Our admin manager ultimately outed me. Not cool.

Samples:

Miracle on the Hudson
PeepsDioramas.jpg

Crowded Metro (Very Accurate)
peep_diorama.png

There's An H in There! Octuplet Mom.
mid_639-0D5E8288B28B46E9AB9C07B55C06F201.jpg

We had our work summer party last night and I'm feeling particularly unwell. This post however has brightened my day considerably, so thank you for that. That crowded metro one looks very much like my morning trip to work.

Sitting here at the airport waiting for our friend to arrive and looking around realizing the people watching here may be the best. There are some very "unique" individuals in airports nowadays.

Sitting here at the airport waiting for our friend to arrive and looking around realizing the people watching here may be the best. There are some very "unique" individuals in airports nowadays.

That's right JB, and they are looking at you saying the same thing! LOL

(Look at that guy in that crazy outfit! He must be a golfer!)

Not today. Fairly mundane. But I do have my new favorite hat on. That Sligo hat I have.

Well THAT'S no fun!

Tomorrow's golf round will be fun clothes.

Not today. Fairly mundane. But I do have my new favorite hat on. That Sligo hat I have.

That's how he's going to recognize you?

We have met before. He knows me. But he probably is looking for funky clothes.

Why do men have nipples?:confused2:

One more thing to grow hair on?

I wish I could eat a whole key lime and/or lemon icebox pie whenever I wanted, with no repercussions whatsoever.

I wish I could eat a whole key lime and/or lemon icebox pie whenever I wanted, with no repercussions whatsoever.

I know what key lime pie is, but what is a key lime icebox pie?

Two separate pies: (1) Key Lime; (2) Lemon Icebox.

Got it - I'd go with the key lime. My philosphy is that indulging involves trade-offs. Eat the pie and skip lunch and dinner that day.

Got it - I'd go with the key lime. My philosphy is that indulging involves trade-offs. Eat the pie and skip lunch and dinner that day.

It involves atoning, and only very occasionally absolution.

All of which he doesn't want.

Conversation moved from elsewhere

Conversation moved from elsewhere

Harry, have you considered getting a DVD burner for your TV? I have a VHS recorder/ DVD Recorder all-in-one. I've recorded a few shows I wanted to keep. and then you can erase your DVR. If you record on an HD channel, you obviously won't keep the HD using a regular DVD, but you'll keep the aspect ratio.

I have one. I just procrastinated transferring it to DVD because it's such a PITA (you can't tell me that there isn't an easy way to make it so you can just transfer the files instead of real time transfer.) And now about half the episodes are corrupted. :angry:

I don't even think GC had done DVD releases of BB since BB5. And I looked on the GC website and they don't seem to have their store anymore.

I'm hoping GC will re-run some of the older seasons, especially BB5, which was ladies only in Hawaii. (I saw BB3: Ladies Only when they re-ran it, but the two finalists were SO b¡tchy that I didn't even bother to watch the last episode.) I have no idea why they don't show them in re-runs. Maybe late night or something.

EDIT: Sometimes predictive search technology scares me. I went to Amazon.com, clicked the drop down menu, selected "Movies and TV" and the typed b-i-g b-r-e-a, and when I got to the "a", a list containing these suggested searches popped up:

Spoiler

big breasted women
big breasted
big breasted lovers
big breasted asians

in addition to a couple of variations of "big break" and "big break golf"

Are that many people entering those searches at Amazon that they are included in suggested searches?!?!?

I really hate razor burn. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back