The (Un)Official THP Heisman Vote

• Johnny Manziel - Quarterback - Texas A&M

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Manti Te’o - Linebacker - Notre Dame

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Collin Klein - Quarterback - Kansas State

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
I think Johnny wins the trophy but Manti deserves it.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

Manti has meant so much to that team and has played way above the rest this year.

I still have no clue. If I had a guess I'd say it's going to Te'o. I think I'll just abstain from voting.

I've always read, heard and been told that the Heisman is:
most outstanding player in collegiate football
With that in mind I don't know how I wouldn't vote for Johnny Football, he is the definition of outstanding!

i'm a ND fan and i have to give props to Johnny football...the dood is like a friggin video game.

I've always read, heard and been told that the Heisman is:

With that in mind I don't know how I wouldn't vote for Johnny Football, he is the definition of outstanding!

This is why I gave it to Manziel. Te'o is good, but when watching a ND game, he isn't "outstanding". I doubt I would know who he is on the field if they didn't mention him whenever he did something. That's why I think the Heisman should almost always go to a skill position player (QB, RB, maybe WR). It is much easier for them to stand out.

Johnny Football. QBs, RBs and WR stand out much more easily because of the positions. Te'o doesn't stand out the way Lawrence Taylor stood out. Even LT couldn't win the Heisman.

This is why I gave it to Manziel. Te'o is good, but when watching a ND game, he isn't "outstanding". I doubt I would know who he is on the field if they didn't mention him whenever he did something. That's why I think the Heisman should almost always go to a skill position player (QB, RB, maybe WR). It is much easier for them to stand out.

Johnny Football. QBs, RBs and WR stand out much more easily because of the positions. Te'o doesn't stand out the way Lawrence Taylor stood out. Even LT couldn't win the Heisman.
What about Suh from a couple years ago, I think he was outstanding but I'm a bit of a homer!

LT changed the way linbackers played the game. He was SO strong that the Left Tackles couldn't block him alone. When he learned how to cover receivers, he became the whole package. Of course, he got by on his natural talent (and drugs). Imagine if he had worked at his game!

Last edited:
I think Johnny wins the trophy but Manti deserves it.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.
How do you figure?

Manti has meant so much to that team and has played way above the rest this year.
With all this Manti deserves it logic I would think Mike Mauti from Penn State would be as much a deserving finalist as T'eo. He stood out in front of the whole sham the NCAA threw on these players and kept the team together in tough times. No one would have thought PSU would have had 1 win let alone 8 wins with the way the NCAA tried to destroy the program. Mauti deserves much of the credit for that. He was more of an inspirational leader than T'eo. If you watched the last game where he was hurt you could clearly see what he meant to this years team. But we all know no one from PSU will ever win or come close to winning a Heisman again so no one thinks of him. His stats are comparable but since he plays for PSU he is out of the running.

Any opinions change after the pre-Heisman awards last night? Both Manziel and Te'o had impressive hauls.

Also, does Joeckel winning the Outland Trophy have any effect on Manziel? Only 3 times have the two trophies gone to the same school ('73, '78, '83) since 1970 (assuming the Outland goes to an O-lineman that year). It looks like there are many Outland winners who also had a teammate who was a Heisman finalist. Not much to go by, but I thought it was interesting and figured it would happen more often with how many QBs and RBs win the heisman.

Sorry but Te'o is no where near the level that Suh was from a couple years ago in terms of just complete domination and what each meant to their teams. If Te'o were to win the Heisman it'd only be because he played at Notre Dame, which I think is the only reason that people even know who he is. If Te'o were to have played at say Alabama or LSU, he'd be a good LB there, but nowhere near as recognizable as he is at Notre Dame. His stats just aren't that great. For that reason alone I don't think he should even be in the running, there are lot better football players out there than him.

I would say that both Manziel and Klein are both more deserving of the Heisman than Te'o is.

Looks by our little informal poll it's Johnny Football by a pretty big margin!

With 4 pity homer Kansas votes going to Klien...LOL

Turns out it wasn't even close either Manziel wins by 120+ first place votes!

I found myself pulling for Te'o but Johnny definitely played well in a great conference. Congrats to him as well as Te'o and Klein.

I thought the freshman would win after K state stumbled a little down the stretch'

Well 64.71% of THPers who voted got it right!

Back