TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

So first off I'm not a big hitter, I hit my 52* wedge about 80-90 yards with a full swing, sometimes about 100 yards. With my 50 stock AW, I hit it more like 100 yards- way more forgiving by the way. Today I went and tested out the 52 on the launch monitor, when I picked it up, it was the same old comfortable feel that I get from the punisher (my ATV 56 because it punishes my other team members when I play against them short game wise) and I swung away a few times. I hit some easy chips, some nice 50 yard pitches and some full swing shots. For some reason u think I'm closing the face too early with my ATV wedges because I was hitting lots of draws and hooks -200-300 RPM hook spin, so far I saw the same performance I expected from the ATV and although I want a 52 I think I'll save my money for a 60* wedge and just use the stock gap wedge. The sole worked the same way as the punisher which was expected, and my ball flight wasn't too high-launch was about 49*

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

My local Edwin Watts has a used 60 for 79. Really thinking of picking it up. I want a stock AW but I cant find one with a stiff shaft around here.

Well right after I wrote this I floated over to 3balls.com and found they had ATVs for $67 in like new condition with free shipping over $99. Just got a 50 and 60 for 135 shipped to my door.

Sorry for the epic skim, but here's my question.

How has the 56* worked for you guys in wet/compacted/hard sand?

I encounter this type of sand a lot up here in the PNW and I struggle mightily with it when I use my 55* SW which has 11* of bounce, but am pretty decent in it with the 60* LW which has 4* of bounce. I am considering buying the 56* ATV or RocketBladez (assume their technologies are the same) but am hesitant to drop the LW if the 56* ATV doesn't do the job in these sand conditions.

Thanks!

My ATV lob wedge is money out of those type of lies...

I'm picking up a 60 degree tomorrow to round out my wedges. :bananadance:

If anyone is interested I saw this on eBay last week and already received my custom ATVs from the Taylormade factory. Since I cant post links yet (new user and hello everyone!) just search Taylormade ATV Wedge Fully Customizable - Choose: 60* 58* 56* 54* 52* or 50*

I ended up getting the 50, 54, and 58 wedges with custom grips and shafts. Its a steal for only $89 per wedge with free shipping

If anyone is interested I saw this on eBay last week and already received my custom ATVs from the Taylormade factory. Since I cant post links yet (new user and hello everyone!) just search Taylormade ATV Wedge Fully Customizable - Choose: 60* 58* 56* 54* 52* or 50*

I ended up getting the 50, 54, and 58 wedges with custom grips and shafts. Its a steal for only $89 per wedge with free shipping

that's the same guy i bought my ATV from. awesome deal!

Cool, thanks.

50* isn't a club to use out of the sand too often, but i do love my ATV and i've only played one round with it so far- the round last sunday at Chehalem Glenn

that's the same guy i bought my ATV from. awesome deal!

What shaft did you end up choosing. I went with a Dynamic Gold shafts because thats what I have used in the past and others have said they didn't like the shafts on them that much.

50* isn't a club to use out of the sand too often, but i do love my ATV and i've only played one round with it so far- the round last sunday at Chehalem Glenn

I ultimately went with the 55* RocketBladez SW instead of the ATV. Supposedly it incorporates the ATV technology. If the 55* with ATV handles all situations I will probably remove my 60* from my bag. We'll see.

What shaft did you end up choosing. I went with a Dynamic Gold shafts because thats what I have used in the past and others have said they didn't like the shafts on them that much.

i didn't know he offered DG's on them! dang i would've gotten those... oh well, i went with the KBS tour X flex (same shaft i have in my irons) at 1.25" long and 1* up.

I ultimately went with the 55* RocketBladez SW instead of the ATV. Supposedly it incorporates the ATV technology. If the 55* with ATV handles all situations I will probably remove my 60* from my bag. We'll see.

yeah i'm sure the 55 would be just fine, but i can't do small swings for short range shots- don't know why, just can't, so i need higher loft... well, you saw first hand of why i like more loft for short shots, haha.

i didn't know he offered DG's on them! dang i would've gotten those... oh well, i went with the KBS tour X flex (same shaft i have in my irons) at 1.25" long and 1* up.

I didn't either at first but I sent the seller a message and they said they can put any shaft or grip on them that is on Taylormades website.

i can't do small swings for short range shots- don't know why, just can't, so i need higher loft... well, you saw first hand of why i like more loft for short shots, haha.
You can do it, you were just having some deceleration challenges that day.

You can do it, you were just having some deceleration challenges that day.

no i was talking about the flop shot i drained from off the hill on #15.. lol..

no i was talking about the flop shot i drained from off the hill on #15.. lol..
Ah, the ol' sarcasm routine. That one went right by me. That was a hell of a shot, BTW. You should play with me more often, I believe I've seen you hole out like that twice in what, two rounds together?

Back to the ATV...what did you take out of the bag to make room for this club?

Ah, the ol' sarcasm routine. That one went right by me. That was a hell of a shot, BTW. You should play with me more often, I believe I've seen you hole out like that twice in what, two rounds together?

Back to the ATV...what did you take out of the bag to make room for this club?

haha yup, i can usually pull off something like that once every three or so rounds.. it's fun, hahaha. and for sure! i'm pretty sure i'm going to be playing again at Chehalem on sunday, and OG said he might join me. you're welcome to come if you want!

and before i added it i only had 13 clubs and had a 7* gap, so this filled it.

haha yup, i can usually pull off something like that once every three or so rounds.. it's fun, hahaha. and for sure! i'm pretty sure i'm going to be playing again at Chehalem on sunday, and OG said he might join me. you're welcome to come if you want!

and before i added it i only had 13 clubs and had a 7* gap, so this filled it.
Very nice way to fill the gap!

I wish I could join you guys but unfortunately my weekend is jammed packed with Christmas/family/church stuff.

Very nice way to fill the gap!

I wish I could join you guys but unfortunately my weekend is jammed packed with Christmas/family/church stuff.

yeah that's no problem, kinda figured playing time would be slim this time of year. if you're thinking you can play more shots with the 55* AW though, i don't see a reason to drop the 60, even if you hardly use it. yeah, so it's a little less weight- you have a push cart, what's another 1lbs gonna hurt. but yes, i do believe there is atv technology in the rbladez. just give it a try the next time you play instead of using the 60, and see what there is to see.

I added a 60 degree to my bag, which will be a tremendous help around our greens! Now to the range and practice practice practice for 2013 :golf2:

I added a 60 degree to my bag, which will be a tremendous help around our greens! Now to the range and practice practice practice for 2013 :golf2:

Nice buy OG, just wondering if you're going to play your RBZ AW, buy an ATV GW or use the Mizuno ones you won, I would like to see how the AT Vs complement your new irons!

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Nice get buddy, I know you will master it quickly.

Nice buy OG, just wondering if you're going to play your RBZ AW, buy an ATV GW or use the Mizuno ones you won, I would like to see how the AT Vs complement your new irons!

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

I do love the RBZ AW however I am going to give the Mizzy some time to see if she can deliver. I'll keep ya posted on the Mizzy/RBZ love fest
biggrin.png

Nice get buddy, I know you will master it quickly.

I'm looking forward to bonding with the 60 and chipping some strokes off the old card :thumb:

So played another round with my ATV yesterday. I have had problems hitting pitches and full shots for some reason, but working hard has helped me overcome that. Yesterday, I remembered why I loved the ATV. When I had nice short shots, I was able to manipulate my shot and land it softly on the green. I was leaving the ball close to the hole and with a well aimed putt I was able to sink them or leave them close for a tap in. I also remembered why I dominate my ol golf friends in the sand. As always I would set up. Swing and out came the ball softly. I have never felt better with a wedge to to this day. When it came to chipping, all i did was set up swing and the ball would jump, and run out within feet of the hole. I was still so impressed with it. Even though the wedge itself has been beaten to death, it still outperforms for me. I'm so happy taylormade and THP allowed me to test this wedge!

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Back