The Rolling Stones

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am a huge Stones fan. Saw them 3 times back in the day. Missed their last tour and just had to try and see um probably for the last time.

I tried like heck to get tixs for the Brooklyn show and the two newark new jresey shows. But was not successful. Was on tickmaster at every sale interval for countless minutes for all three concerts trying but to no success at all.

Prices were also crazy and especially on the secondary scalping websites. People were paying into the thousands. It was way out of my league and I really wanted to see um one last time. I was bummed

Then I went on line the entire day of the concert and magically managed to get tixs 2 and 1/2 hours before thursdays prudential center show in newark NJ. Through secondary sights like stubhub. (Vividseats) was the one. Prices came way down as show was only couple hours away.

While going crazy at last minute and hoping/gambling for last minute pricing I lost couple oportunities at good prices cause they were flying out and getting eaten alive at that timing and then bam!! i managed two catch two. It costed me few hundred for me and my 16 year old son but ended up in seats that sold for 750 a piece face value. They were greatest seats I ever got and for a concert I thought I'd never get to see I managed very last minute to make it happen and at only fraction of the price.

I have to say to any stones fan, They were absoluely awesome. They sounded great as ever. Really really good. Having my son with me was great to share something I grew up with and he likes as well. It was priceless to see the Roling stones with my son. One of the all time greatest if not the greatest bands in history and they were simply put "great".

Even Jagger who does not usually sound as good live also sounded great. I have to say even after seeing them 3 times years ago. This was a great concert. they were unbelievably sooo very good.

I am still feeling the awesomeness two days later, At their age I didnt expect to even be close to years ago but gladly I was very wrong. Just fantastic. Memmorable. Very very glad I went. And again with my son made it all even more memmorable.

I would have regreted had I not seen them for probably the last time. It was worth every penny. Played for 2and1/4 hours and suprisingly They were just that friggen good!! AWESOME!!

I was a huge Rolling Stones fan in high school and college. My manager at Pizza Hut had the original Some Girls album before it got recalled.

I was a Stones fan from the start and finally saw them live in the 80's. Saw the Beatles back in the mid 60's too. Made a lot of concerts back in the day. Glad you got to have that experience with your son rollin.

That's awesome Rollin, what an experience to share with your son and pass down the passion. I've never seen them live but truly love the Stones, the older I get the more I appreciate them and all the other bands of their time.

What a memory for the two of you! So glad you got to share that experience with your son.

Great to hear that you scored some tics. I got a chance to see them back in 81' I def. enjoyed the show.
I prefer the older bluesy tunes'

Some good luck there, glad you had the chance to see them. The last time I saw the Stones was Jagger's 30th birthday at MSG. That was a few years ago!

That's awesome Rollin, what an experience to share with your son and pass down the passion. I've never seen them live but truly love the Stones, the older I get the more I appreciate them and all the other bands of their time.

Yea, while I always apreciated the stones but I do know what ya mean. Just an entire era of music that unbelievably still around 30 and 40 years later and yet will never be recreated. The apreciation for all the greats is something that grows more for me too as I age.

thanks for the responses and yes to share that passion (as trout bum put it) for the great bands with my boy was great to do. Its amazing how the teens today (30 and 40 years later) apreciate the Stones or zeplin or the who, beatles whatever. Just goes to show ya what a great era of music we were amazingly privilaged to grow up with. There has been nothing like it since.

I was a huge Rolling Stones fan in high school and college. My manager at Pizza Hut had the original Some Girls album before it got recalled.

Hey i had forgotten about that. First used some celebrity faces who werent too happy about it. Thats cool and probably worth some bucks if he still has it. Not sure how many there were but it was a quick re-release with a new cover so he would have certainly have a nice pretty rare piece of what ended up being their #1 selling album.

Maybe should take it to the tv show of "Vegas Pawn stars" and see what its worth.LOL

I wish I had been a fan sooner, because I would have gotten that cover.

That's awesome. The Stones rock.

brought this back to the surface because just learned (if any interested) they are talking of extending this mini tour they did through 2013. Just speculation right now but members of the group have stated feeling (even at thier ages) energized by the mini tour and talked (not so specific) about doing more.

Mick taylor - one the original (and great) guitarsts who played with them for a song at the show i saw last week also stated that they all semed very energized and wouldnt count it out at all.

so anyway, for any you fans out there, keep an eye and ear open if youd like to see um. And again. They really played tight and wonderfully

Back