The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to believe Chipolte is basically a Qdoba?

Basically, but around here, Chipotle is king, and it keeps everything super fresh, whereas Qdoba tastes like it's been sitting there for hours. Dry and mediocre.

Chipotle isn't miraculous, it's just the best available option in Ohio.

Basically, but around here, Chipotle is king, and it keeps everything super fresh, whereas Qdoba tastes like it's been sitting there for hours. Dry and mediocre.

Chipotle isn't miraculous, it's just the best available option in Ohio.

That makes sense. I suppose I will stop by one if I am ever in an area with one and report back!

That makes sense. I suppose I will stop by one if I am ever in an area with one and report back!
It's quick, good and has a decent price. Makes for a quick and easy lunch/dinner and a great alternative to eating a burger and fries.

It's quick, good and has a decent price. Makes for a quick and easy lunch/dinner and a great alternative to eating a burger and fries.

Well said dude. It beats the heck out of grabbing a cheeseburger if you don't feel like paying 20 bucks for a meal or don't feel like cooking.

..and aside from the sodium, it's really actually quite decent.

Im hungry. Great.

Well said dude. It beats the heck out of grabbing a cheeseburger if you don't feel like paying 20 bucks for a meal or don't feel like cooking.

..and aside from the sodium, it's really actually quite decent.

What doesn't have sodium anymore anyway? Gotta go fresh to get away from that stuff.

Yup, I love Christmas Family Vacation.

Home Alone is up now.

I had some kids groan, I about went all headbutts on them.

haha, kids these days... I destroyed those movies back in the day.

That said, Elf remains my favourite Christmas movie. It's such a big win!

haha, kids these days... I destroyed those movies back in the day.

That said, Elf remains my favourite Christmas movie. It's such a big win!

Different in every class this time of year, I hate watching the same thing again and again.

We've got: Grinch, Vacation, Home Alone, Elf, and Christmas Story. Good stuff.

Now I want to buy an elf suit, go to town and have some fun.

Now I want to buy an elf suit, go to town and have some fun.

Kobey, I don't really know what to say to that dude. Hahaha

Speaking of, T-minus 6 minutes to busting Elf out in class, I'm excited!

We have no family here, which basically means we don't have a real babysitter. We have what we call our quarterly date every 3-6 months.

Sooooo, Erica's sister is supposed to meet us tomorrow night a couple hours from here and take the boy to go play with her three girls for a few days. Then comes the deflating news of a winter storm that's supposed to arrive tomorrow night. Hoping it holds off and we can make it work. I love the kid, but it's always nice to get a little quiet time.

We have no family here, which basically means we don't have a real babysitter. We have what we call our quarterly date every 3-6 months.

Sooooo, Erica's sister is supposed to meet us tomorrow night a couple hours from here and take the boy to go play with her three girls for a few days. Then comes the deflating news of a winter storm that's supposed to arrive tomorrow night. Hoping it holds off and we can make it work. I love the kid, but it's always nice to get a little quiet time.

Im in the same boat as you Hawk, no one within 4 hours of us, I love my kids but I love when they are gone with family for a few days, the quiet time is a must. Hopefully it works out for you man

Im in the same boat as you Hawk, no one within 4 hours of us, I love my kids but I love when they are gone with family for a few days, the quiet time is a must. Hopefully it works out for you man

Hoping! We don't really ever do anything just the two of us - sounds like you know how that goes.

That's a bummer hawk. Hope it clears up enough to work out for you

I bet it is dude, any quiet time has to be good quiet time.

Hoping! We don't really ever do anything just the two of us - sounds like you know how that goes.
Absolutely, with both kids in school now those few days typically take place over the summer once or twice.

Or every now and then if we have family that comes down to visit, we can take an evening to get out, just the 2 of us.

Its about the only thing I hated when we moved

I bet it is dude, any quiet time has to be good quiet time.

I always tell people this about having kids - I don't miss going out to bars and all that. I just miss always being able to poop when I want to.

Absolutely, with both kids in school now those few days typically take place over the summer once or twice.

Or every now and then if we have family that comes down to visit, we can take an evening to get out, just the 2 of us.

Its about the only thing I hated when we moved

I hear that. It's a trade-off. I don't mind a little separation. Just makes things difficult.

Sounds like you've had some snow for a couple weeks?

Not too much just some here and there. However there was "fog" in the forecast last night for this morning but I woke up to a solid 4-6 inches. It was the fluffy kind and it was 30 degrees out and dark this morning when I got up. It would have been the PERFECT Christmas morning. Love those mornings.

We have the same situation with no close family. Maybe this is a southern thing, but our local Mega-Church offers a Parent's Night Out once a month that is real inexpensive and open to everyone regardless of membership. That is about as close as we get to a Date Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back