The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It blows goats on TV

I guess it depends how much you like the game. I enjoy watching all hockey but it's a different world when I am watching "my" team. Probably the same way a lot of you guys feel about watching your college football team or your favourite NFL team.

Honestly, the reason hockey sucks on tv is because American hockey feeds, and announcers suck for the most part.

CBC and hockey night in Canada make hockey very exciting. There are certain us cities that have decent commentary but most I've seen the commentary actually takes away from the game. Much like a poor golf commentator.

TTing

Its not the people that are hockey fans that care though. I dont care who is calling the game, I enjoy it. Its trying to bring more fans to the game and I dont know how they can do it.

You have seen me twitter hockey rage, do you think I dont know who Blake Wheeler is? Pshhh...haha

LOL...it was awesome watching him, and being able to shoot the shiz with him in high school. Cool guy.

I still remember this goal when he was playing for the UofM:

Do you know who Steven Stamkos is? I played against him a handful of times.

It. Wasn't. Even. Fair.

TTing

He's pretty good huh? Lol. That's awesome though.

Honestly, the reason hockey sucks on tv is because American hockey feeds, and announcers suck for the most part.

CBC and hockey night in Canada make hockey very exciting. There are certain us cities that have decent commentary but most I've seen the commentary actually takes away from the game. Much like a poor golf commentator.

TTing

So what you're saying is that America has a bunch of Jonny Millers commentating on hockey broadcasts???

Ugh, the end of the world didn't get you a stay out if school card?

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Nope. Definitely should've though. Middle school kids can't handle the end of the world talk.

Its not the people that are hockey fans that care though. I dont care who is calling the game, I enjoy it. Its trying to bring more fans to the game and I dont know how they can do it.

It's not a ton of fun watching NBC Sports on mute because those guys are so awful at commenting. I do think a good commentator makes a huge difference.

It's not a ton of fun watching NBC Sports on mute because those guys are so awful at commenting. I do think a good commentator makes a huge difference.

You and I need to watch a game so you can explain the damn game to me, I think that's half my problem. I do love watching it live though despite not knowing what the hell is going on.

I've got 4 of 26 students in my class today. Thats what happens when people are dumbasses on social media.

It. Wasn't. Even. Fair.

TTing

I'm sure that was about as much fun as me playing against Terrelle Pryor in high school.

You and I need to watch a game so you can explain the damn game to me, I think that's half my problem. I do love watching it live though despite not knowing what the hell is going on.

I've got 4 og 26 students in my class today. Thats what happens when people are dumbasses on social media.

I feel you. I had 3 kids in my third period, 4 kids in my fourth.

Stuck with 3 little gremlins now. Who the heck gets in-school the day before Christmas Break? And, of course, no teachers have any work for them.

A good commentator can pull non fans into the game for sure.

TTing

Doc Emrick is a good one. Other than him I haven't heard many good ones in the states.

I've got 4 og 26 students in my class today. Thats what happens when people are dumbasses on social media.

You guys still have class right now?! My wife has been off for a day and a half already!

I'd love to take in a game with you buddy. Maybe even over XBL chat if they ever start playing again. Knowing the game DEF makes it more enjoyable.

Wait..Pierre McGuire isn't a good commentator? Haha.

And our local Pittsburgh play-by-play man is the worst. It doesn't get any worse than Paul Steigerwald.

This is the best thing that Hockey has ever produced...

John Tortorella is the ultimate gift to hockey. Never get tired of listening to that man.

The Colorado, Detroit, west coast guy is certainly pretty good. I forget his name but he commentated NHL 99

TTing

It. Wasn't. Even. Fair.

TTing

I'm sure that was about as much fun as me playing against Terrelle Pryor in high school.

I got the pleasure of being able to say that I steam rolled Gerald Riggs Jr. a few times in high school (we won't talk about the times he juked me out of my shoes). I also got the pleasure of having to defend Patrick Turner on several plays as well. Both of those kids were ridiculously good. Not legends in the NFL by any means, but both were top tier players at the college level and at least made it to the NFL, even if for short careers.

I got the pleasure of being able to say that I steam rolled Gerald Riggs Jr. a few times in high school (we won't talk about the times he juked me out of my shoes). I also got the pleasure of having to defend Patrick Turner on several plays as well. Both of those kids were ridiculously good. Not legends in the NFL by any means, but both were top tier players at the college level and at least made it to the NFL, even if for short careers.

I didn't play football in high school but I got trucked by Dion Lewis once as a freshman (star RB at Pitt now on the Eagles). That hurt.

The rest of the world could be destroyed and you wouldn't know. Lol. Maybe meteors are falling everywhere except Hawaii.
To be fair, it's a tiny chain of islands. Easy to miss from outer space.

Its been said for many years that the game just doesnt translate well over TV and I dont know what the fix is. Its the best live sporting event to me.
I've been to one hockey game ever. Luckily one of the people we went with was a girl from Minnesota who explained things to us! Once the game was about halfway through, it was better for me because I understood it a little better.

HA! 16 of 24 absent in my 4th hour!

*Facepalm*

And I just read your WITB sig and got a laugh out of it.
Its sad dude, we aren't going to even meet the attendance requirements to count it as a day, yet here we are. Eh, solid THP time if nothing else.

Hahaha, I was waiting on who would say something. I'm a terrible golfer and don't really respect the game so I need a Niblick chipper even though its not just a chipped and people are to hard headed to let that factoid click. Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back