The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's all part of the forum, but I hate seeing people join up, look like they are trying to get involved for ten days and then after that, almost all of their posts are selling things.

Ugh. I feel like crap and now I have to drive home in the snow. Not bueno.

me on the way to dinner last night now arm and shoulder are jacked!!!

pwt6.jpg

I know it's all part of the forum, but I hate seeing people join up, look like they are trying to get involved for ten days and then after that, almost all of their posts are selling things.

I'm with you there, Smalls. I didn't want to be "that guy", but I was almost going to suggest moving up the amount of posts before you can post in the MP thread. It almost feels like it's being exploited to some degree. I haven't really been able to get on that much the past day or so, but I opened Tapatalk the other night, and I kid you not, almost all of the unread threads it showed me, was from one "member" selling stuff in the MP. Our forum almost had a garage sale feel about it. LOL.

Agreed, but its all part of it. Some people will come in, off load there stuff and be gone till the next offseason I guess. The way I look at it, the core of the forum is still intact which is why I'm here.

I'm thinking my Twitter acct. has been hacked . Cannot send a tweet or anything none of the buttons work either. Tried logging out and back in that's not working . Any suggestions ?

I'm snowed in at my friend's house.

Dang! How much snow did you get

TapaTalk from the iPhone

We're at about 6 inches and it's still going. I tried to leave but the roads weren't plowed yet and now I can't get up the hill on my friend's driveway. Lame Honda Civic is lame.

6"? Silly easterners, that is nothing. Seriously though Dam don't push it, it's just not worth it.

6"? Silly easterners, that is nothing. Seriously though Dam don't push it, it's just not worth it.

Yeah the snow itself isn't bad at all. I just almost crashed trying to go up a hill so I figured rather safe than sorry.

I went to school in the South specifically to avoid this kind of stuff! Dangit!

I am so sick of politics in this country. The bipartisan agreement hailed as a breakthrough 18 months ago which exhibited alleged fiscal responsibility and was the basis for extending the debt ceiling is today known as the Fiscal Cliff, and all means of doom await us if we do not find a solution to the solution that was good a year and a half ago.

I wondered if this was just my imagination.

I'm with you there, Smalls. I didn't want to be "that guy", but I was almost going to suggest moving up the amount of posts before you can post in the MP thread. It almost feels like it's being exploited to some degree. I haven't really been able to get on that much the past day or so, but I opened Tapatalk the other night, and I kid you not, almost all of the unread threads it showed me, was from one "member" selling stuff in the MP. Our forum almost had a garage sale feel about it. LOL.

It seems like it happens more this time of the year, people getting rid of stuff in the off season, I saw the same stuff you are talking about Jeff, the whole first page was stuff for sale all by one new member.

I know it's not my place to say, but maybe the post count should be 50 or 100 before the MP is open to you.....or even a 30 day waiting period.

I am so sick of politics in this country. The bipartisan agreement hailed as a breakthrough 18 months ago which exhibited alleged fiscal responsibility and was the basis for extending the debt ceiling is today known as the Fiscal Cliff, and all means of doom await us if we do not find a solution to the solution that was good a year and a half ago.
I know how I feel about it, but this type of subject is why we have the Debate Room. Please keep politics off the regular board.

It seems like it happens more this time of the year, people getting rid of stuff in the off season, I saw the same stuff you are talking about Jeff, the whole first page was stuff for sale all by one new member.

I know it's not my place to say, but maybe the post count should be 50 or 100 before the MP is open to you.....or even a 30 day waiting period.
The 30 day waiting period would help. Or even longer. I think post count should be higher too, but then you will have people welcoming everyone who has ever been a member here to get enough posts in.

The 30 day waiting period would help. Or even longer. I think post count should be higher too, but then you will have people welcoming everyone who has ever been a member here to get enough posts in.

Yeah, if you just made the post count higher it just makes people throw up a bunch of random posts to reach it, I really think the 30 day or even 60 day waiting period would help alot.

I know I don't want to buy anything from somebody that's only been a forum member 1 day anyway, just a thought.

Just went to pull into my uphill parking spot. Car slid back and I blew my tire. Now I have to try and figure out how to get it changed and new tired put on, on a Sunday when everything is closed

Just went to pull into my uphill parking spot. Car slid back and I blew my tire. Now I have to try and figure out how to get it changed and new tired put on, on a Sunday when everything is closed
You don't have a spare?

Yes, roadside service will be putting it on. I can't drive to my clients work on a spare and I need to be there Monday morning at 7am

How stupid is it that the Dave Pelz Short Game Bible isn't available as an E-book???

I loaned my copy to somebody and never got it back, so I was just going to buy the E-version and they don't have one...that's crazy

Yes, roadside service will be putting it on. I can't drive to my clients work on a spare and I need to be there Monday morning at 7am
The tire center at walmart is open on Sunday. At least they are here, you could give them a call.

The tire center at walmart is open on Sunday. At least they are here, you could give them a call.

No tire center near me. The one that was closed up.

Sears??? They sell tires

Blue laws in Pa don't allow certain places to be open on Sundays. Barbers state stores, Auto shops/dealers etc. ill just have to deal with it Monday just frustrating

Don't you just love waking up at 4:30am for no good reason. Should be sleeping right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back