Bridgestone e6 golf balls...any thoughts

I used them for quite awhile when I first began golfing to help reduce my slice off the tee. They did the job well, drawbacks for me was around the green and felt hard with the driver, almost "top-flite ish"

I still think the e6 is a great all around ball but I think it has a lot to do with your playing conditions. Around here the green tend to be softer in the Spring/Summer because they are watering the piss out of them to keep them from burning up. In the Fall/Winter they don't water them as much so they are firmer. For me it holds greens quite well when it is warm and I need to switch to a ball with more spin for when it is cooler outside. Never thought I would like this ball as much as I do.

Id agree with that. For me, sidespin isnt as much of an issue, so I like being able to take advantage of the higher spin of the E5 and like hitting the ball to a given distance and having it stick within a few feet of my pitch mark. Thats my ONLY knock against the E6. If you hit the ball high or play in softer conditions, the spin isnt as much of a factor.
A few years ago I was struggling with a slice and shortly after that I discovered the E6 and it was like a revelation for me. Ive hit some of the straightest shots Ive ever hit with the E6 and for that, its an amazing ball. If you miss a lot of fairways and greens, its a great ball. You just have to factor in some rollout when you plan your shots. When I played the E6, I used to go with 1 clubs less than I expected and plan to land the ball just in front of the green and have it roll to the hole. On holes where there wasnt an option to roll it onto the green, I would either try to land the ball in a greenside bunker or I would lay up to about 100 yards and hit a full shot with my 56* wedge or grip down on my 52* wedge.
If you struggle with a slice/hook, theres ways to work around the limiations of the E6, while still making its strengths work to your advantage.

It's interesting because sides spin is really the last reason I use this ball. Not to say I can't curve a ball when I don't want to or that this ball doesn't reduce those misses (I've seen both LM and real-world proof of that), but it's not really the reason I've gravitated towards it over the last couple years.

For me, it's a high launcher and it feels really soft on full shots. Not Wilson 50 soft, but still lots of give in it. That's why I'm always surprised to hear people say it feels hard. The core is a marshmallow compared to many other balls out there.

Ironically, I launch it higher than the e5, which is advertised as the one for people struggling with low trajectory. I like the price quite a bit too. I need to get a sleeve of e5's again to see what I think. It's been a while. I always liked that one, but it just ended up that the e6 gave me better driver numbers and I could work with what I saw around the green.

I still think the e6 is a great all around ball but I think it has a lot to do with your playing conditions. Around here the green tend to be softer in the Spring/Summer because they are watering the piss out of them to keep them from burning up. In the Fall/Winter they don't water them as much so they are firmer. For me it holds greens quite well when it is warm and I need to switch to a ball with more spin for when it is cooler outside. Never thought I would like this ball as much as I do.

Last year it was very dry and very firm and I saw some balls bouncing higher than I am tall lol. That was definitely an extreme condition though.

It's interesting because sides spin is really the last reason I use this ball. Not to say I can't curve a ball when I don't want to or that this ball doesn't reduce those misses (I've seen both LM and real-world proof of that), but it's not really the reason I've gravitated towards it over the last couple years.

For me, it's a high launcher and it feels really soft on full shots. Not Wilson 50 soft, but still lots of give in it. That's why I'm always surprised to hear people say it feels hard. The core is a marshmallow compared to many other balls out there.

Ironically, I launch it higher than the e5, which is advertised as the one for people struggling with low trajectory. I like the price quite a bit too. I need to get a sleeve of e5's again to see what I think. It's been a while. I always liked that one, but it just ended up that the e6 gave me better driver numbers and I could work with what I saw around the green.
The is very interesting. It could be that for you the E6 spins just the right amount. If you can hit the ball high enough to get it to stop without needed a lot of spin, thats certainly not a bad thing.

Well just played first full round with the e6 and liked them alot,it was quite blowy this morning so didnt gauge the driver until after the front 9,with the driver i noticed it contolled my big fade (original flight about 10/15 yards right) to a few yards at best,overall a lovely ball flight that i can really get used to,distance wasnt far off old balls on average drives but thevfew i leatherd i was carrying about 10yards extra with alot more roll out,even on the sodden fairways.
with the iron shots i found the flight straight and true and the feel off the face was minimal in comparison to my old ball,a nice soft feel in all honesty,they definately launched higher than my old ball but i like that and shots at the pin checked back nicely about a foot at most,pitch shots around the green i found thevsame roll out as old ones,the only thing i will need to get used to is the softer feel as i put a couple of PW bump n runs a little further than normal
putting was a breeze,im a pretty dialled in putter and there was no change here,didnt notice anything different,roll was great and distance judging for laggs was equal to my old ball.
overall i think these will be in my bag for a long time,specially as the ball flight of the big dog is straighter.....as an added bonus ive just bought 40 of the e6 peal grade for £28 to my door bargain!!!

Well just played first full round with the e6 and liked them alot,it was quite blowy this morning so didnt gauge the driver until after the front 9,with the driver i noticed it contolled my big fade (original flight about 10/15 yards right) to a few yards at best,overall a lovely ball flight that i can really get used to,distance wasnt far off old balls on average drives but thevfew i leatherd i was carrying about 10yards extra with alot more roll out,even on the sodden fairways.
with the iron shots i found the flight straight and true and the feel off the face was minimal in comparison to my old ball,a nice soft feel in all honesty,they definately launched higher than my old ball but i like that and shots at the pin checked back nicely about a foot at most,pitch shots around the green i found thevsame roll out as old ones,the only thing i will need to get used to is the softer feel as i put a couple of PW bump n runs a little further than normal
putting was a breeze,im a pretty dialled in putter and there was no change here,didnt notice anything different,roll was great and distance judging for laggs was equal to my old ball.
overall i think these will be in my bag for a long time,specially as the ball flight of the big dog is straighter.....as an added bonus ive just bought 40 of the e6 peal grade for £28 to my door bargain!!!

Nice thoughts dude. I agree price is very nice. I too saw reduction in side spin

I have not gamed this particular Bridgestone but have their new premium balls but I hear the E6 an E5 are great balls for the money and this season i am going to pick some up and give them a whirl!

A few years ago I was struggling with a slice and shortly after that I discovered the E6 and it was like a revelation for me. Ive hit some of the straightest shots Ive ever hit with the E6 and for that, its an amazing ball. If you miss a lot of fairways and greens, its a great ball. You just have to factor in some rollout when you plan your shots. When I played the E6, I used to go with 1 clubs less than I expected and plan to land the ball just in front of the green and have it roll to the hole. On holes where there wasnt an option to roll it onto the green, I would either try to land the ball in a greenside bunker or I would lay up to about 100 yards and hit a full shot with my 56* wedge or grip down on my 52* wedge.
If you struggle with a slice/hook, theres ways to work around the limiations of the E6, while still making its strengths work to your advantage.[/QUOTE]

I will try this approach the next time I play the E6. I find the E6 plays similar off the driver for me like the B330rx. I like the rx around the green better.

If you struggle with a slice/hook, theres ways to work around the limiations of the E6, while still making its strengths work to your advantage.

Very true. It is a very solid ball and does reduce sidespin.

I will try this approach the next time I play the E6. I find the E6 plays similar off the driver for me like the B330rx. I like the rx around the green better.[/QUOTE]

I'd compare the E6 to your Dad's sedan. It's dependable and gets you where you're going. But it isn't going to impress the chicks.:alien:

I'd compare the E6 to your Dad's sedan. It's dependable and gets you where you're going. But it isn't going to impress the chicks.:alien:

Well, you're not going to impress the the chicks when you crash the Porsche into the trees ether.

I've been playing for less than a year and suffer from the odd terrible slice. I am loving the E6. It feels soft, stays straight, and it might not spin much around the greens but I just cater for it to roll out and it's fine. I don't play on lightning fast turtleback-shaped greens so it's not a huge problem for me. I got some AAA grade used balls that look new for $1 each, when this dozen run out I might have to buy some more!

Before the E6 I was using a 3 piece ball (Callaway HX Diablo Tour) and I was slicing more at the time. My swing has improved so I'll have to do a test and see if I can keep alternate balls in play, or if the E6 is what's helping me hit more fairways lately.

These are still my favorite golf ball priced in their segment. Great performance at a great price. Looking forward to seeing how Bridgestone updates the E line this year.

I like the e6 for a very similar reason. I'm pretty straight with the driver but not real long. I hit this ball further than any ball I have tried, premium or otherwise, and I'm convinced it is because it reduces bad driver spin and improves trajectory. I hit my short irons and wedges high; I can stop it about as well as any other ball I have tried with those clubs. More spin on pitches and chips with other balls is tempting, but it is a trade off. You can plan around that.

These are still my favorite golf ball priced in their segment. Great performance at a great price. Looking forward to seeing how Bridgestone updates the E line this year.

This is such a huge draw. Golf is expensive. It is rare that you can find a product that is such a good value with such amazing performance.

There has been a price drop on the whole e series in stores near me. I assume an updated version is coming soon. Anybody have any idea when? When in the year does Bridgestone usually announce updates? Any inside info on what to expect?

There has been a price drop on the whole e series in stores near me. I assume an updated version is coming soon. Anybody have any idea when? When in the year does Bridgestone usually announce updates? Any inside info on what to expect?

Not sure on the timing, my guess is spring but its just a guess, what's the New price of the old ones now?

Not sure on the timing, my guess is spring but its just a guess, what's the New price of the old ones now?

$21 now. Usually are just over $26 at all stores near me. Not a huge drop but I thought something might be coming up. This ball was already a great value, I'm going to stock up.

$21 now. Usually are just over $26 at all stores near me. Not a huge drop but I thought something might be coming up. This ball was already a great value, I'm going to stock up.

PGA superstore has them for 19.99 if you have one close by.

PGA superstore has them for 19.99 if you have one close by.

Our local GG has them for 21 and includes a Bstone hat. Good deal for a good ball.

I like the e6 and never seen a big spin issue with them rolling out on full shots with a 6i to a wedge. But that seems to be me with a lot of balls I have tried and yet I can't spin a Penta or prov1 back which makes me think it's my angle of decent more than spin.

The e6 is a very good ball for price and is very consistent for me when I play it.

I have only played the e5 and liked them for the price. Those that have played the 5 and 6, was green side spin the only difference?

Back