Social Era golf clothing

Question for those that are enjoying some of their styles. Do you like the company now because of their interaction? Or because of the line? It seems the line looks similar to a cross between JL and Sligo with heavy influences from both. Again, just my take, and definitely not a knock on the company.

The Elbow shirt looks like the JL classic shirt just upside down.
The T looks very much like a classic Sligo design.

As I go through the catalog, there definitely seems to be a pretty heavy Sligo influence. Could be mere coincidence and I am certainly not saying anything more, but I was curious about the interaction thing and then started clearly rambling.

I personally noticed a lot of that as I look through their lines. I seen more Sligo influence than anything. But I think with so many companies making patterned golf shirts that you will get some crossing designs across companies. I see some Nike patterns and think man I seen that some where, or even Puma, TM, Sligo. I think that just goes hand in hand with desings from season to season.

Right now, being that I don't own any of their stuff, I'm just impressed with the way they interact. Will I get something from one of their lines to try out, probably. I like a few of their patterns and their colors. If they are priced decent and use quality stuff, I would continue to support them. They have several times tweeted at me and said thanks for the support. That means something to me in todays age. Thats the point of twitter and social media in general. Do I expect Puma, Nike, Taylormade to respond to each every tweet sent their way? No. But when someone tweets them with something great or a good accomplishment I feel that they could do something for that. A RT with a congrats or something like that. A lot of big companies could take a lesson from Harry and Chad at Callaway, they do such an awesome job of interaction.

Socialeragolf has a contest going now to design a t-shirt slogan and win 5 belts. Plus, if they make your shirt, they'll ship you one also. Check it out on twitter.

Socialeragolf has a contest going now to design a t-shirt slogan and win 5 belts. Plus, if they make your shirt, they'll ship you one also. Check it out on twitter.
I saw that as well, they also gave away a store credit as well, they keep the prizes and giveaways coming.

Hey All, so I opened my mailbox today and had a package come from Social Era. It was the belt I had won from their twitter contest. I thought I would post pictures so you could get a sense of what they are and look like. (I had some trouble posting so they are pretty small for some reason). It is a rubber belt with a semi-seethru solid plastic buckle (It doesn't feel like cheap plastic at all). The way it is designed it allows you to change buckles (and colors) if you own other Social Era belts. IMO with a few different color belts you can make some cool combos and match pretty well with your favorite golf outfits.

You cut the belt down to fit your waist. I used just a scissor and took off about 6" to be in one of the middle holes. (I am a 33-34" waist) Once cut, the back of the buckle has a section you lay the end of the belt in, there are teeth, you fold over the plastic tab and it holds the belt in place.

The belt is a little on the wider side so it took up most of the loop on my pants. I personally like a wider belt so this was great for me. The color is bright and vibrant. I would be curious to see what the price point will be for this belt. IMO $19.99 range would probably be about right. Enough to feel like you are getting a little value, but it would price it right for me to consider buying a few more to make some color combos.

Can't wait to see other winners post theirs and share their opinions on the belt!

BARUEmiCAAA8LLp.jpg

View attachment 7184

Last edited:
I agree with you about that price point. In fact I would say anything higher would be WAY too high.

I can't see the pics. Is it just me?
I can't see them either.

I got a white one and it arrived today, I agree it's very wide. It's a white belt and a clear plastic buckle. I should have some photos up tomorrow.

Question for those that are enjoying some of their styles. Do you like the company now because of their interaction? Or because of the line? It seems the line looks similar to a cross between JL and Sligo with heavy influences from both. Again, just my take, and definitely not a knock on the company.

The Elbow shirt looks like the JL classic shirt just upside down.
The T looks very much like a classic Sligo design.

As I go through the catalog, there definitely seems to be a pretty heavy Sligo influence. Could be mere coincidence and I am certainly not saying anything more, but I was curious about the interaction thing and then started clearly rambling.

For me I like the look and it's a Canadian company

I got my belt that my g/f won yesterday as well. pretty quality piece. I wouldn't pay anymore than 20 bucks for it, as I agree with JB that anything higher than that would be too high. But I also think that everyone prices their belts to high. I got an orange one and it came with a dark orange hard plastic buckle. I didn't have a lot of time to play with it and get it sized, but it feels like a pretty nice piece of silcone, fairly wide and nice Social Era logo embossed at the end by the holes. My only complaint and this may change after I size it is that the little teeth piece may break over time if you wanted to swap buckels around. It did seem fairly durable though, so time will tell. I will be interested in seeing if they will offer the strap and buckle as two seperate pieces to custom make your own belt.

Updated my last post and got one of the pictures to work. Wore it to work today...Got several compliments.

Okay I will be the guy that asks. Nobody else thinks a rubber strap and a plastic buckle is a little "cheap"? Now keep in mind that I have not seen it yet and by the sound of things most that have think it is pretty durable but are placing the price tag low, so kind of agree with me.

Is it just to keep the cost down? Or is there a reason behind going this route such as "anti leather", etc...

Okay I will be the guy that asks. Nobody else thinks a rubber strap and a plastic buckle is a little "cheap"? Now keep in mind that I have not seen it yet and by the sound of things most that have think it is pretty durable but are placing the price tag low, so kind of agree with me.

Is it just to keep the cost down? Or is there a reason behind going this route such as "anti leather", etc...
Maybe the opportunity to make more colors by making them cheaper? I didn't know anything about the material they used, but I'm interested to see what mine is like when it arrives.

I agree JB. Not a bad option for a cheaper price though. If I were buying a belt though, I'd go for something leather probably.

Not a fan of the belt but still interested in the polo's??

I hear where you are coming from. I think the low price tag feeling for me personally just comes from the fact it is plastic and rubber. While I would not say it is cheap material at all, more so just the fact that it is a made up of plastic and rubber. There is no way I could see putting more than a 20 dollar bill down (at most) for a belt that isn't leather. Like I said in my initial feedback, I would probably buy one or two more if the price was right. The color is bright, the width is noticeable (adding to it feeling solid) and just overall nice.

Good info mrm.

I think a lot of people really like the Nike web belts because of colors and interchangeability. This is something right along the same price point and is an option that isn't leather.

I think to determine quality and how it feels would need an in hand review etc.

A very interesting looking belt, my first question is how the heck I'm I supposed to size it???
5507E0F7-8F15-49A5-BD29-9F82B9487CE6-15318-00000A12ED4745DC.jpg

Second, I've never owned a rubber belt so I can't wait to try it out for wear and tear.
3E483BB7-462B-43B8-9E59-6563614C15B1-15318-00000A1615C79833.jpg

But it sure it's nice, as an apple geek the white/clear combo is great. I like wider belts, once I get it sized I can't wait to try it on!
53C79893-233C-42CF-8C8C-33FED118F75A-15318-00000A10FE8CE1F8.jpg

A very interesting looking belt, my first question is how the heck I'm I supposed to size it???

Hey Icey - So if you put it in and lock it at the end where they originally had it you will see it sits in there in a spot under that clip (About a 1/4 inch from those teeth marks). What you do is you will want to lock it in to place where you like the fit. There will be some extra belt hanging out just as you have it in picture one. Make a slight mark where it would sit in that slot. Pull the belt out and cut it, either scissors or exacto knife etc. Then put it into the slot and lock it then you should be all set.

Hope this helps.

I can definitely see that "apple" look you mentioned. Enjoy your belt.

Hey Icey - So if you put it in and lock it at the end where they originally had it you will see it sits in there in a spot under that clip (About a 1/4 inch from those teeth marks). What you do is you will want to lock it in to place where you like the fit. There will be some extra belt hanging out just as you have it in picture one. Make a slight mark where it would sit in that slot. Pull the belt out and cut it, either scissors or exacto knife etc. Then put it into the slot and lock it then you should be all set.

Hope this helps.

I can definitely see that "apple" look you mentioned. Enjoy your belt.
Awesome, I'll give that a shot.

To JB's point about a rubber belt, I don't mind the look, but I do mind the cut it yourself style. I'd much rather have it one size fits all or pick a size.

I don't see the problem with a rubber/plastic belt really. As long as the materials are durable and the price reflects what materials are being used to make the product I think that it is a great idea to do things a little differently.

Clothing design and interior design are very much the same animal. Layering, contrasting, prints, and patterns all come together for a uniform look. I think what they may be doing here is kind of the same thing that they do in interior design a lot of times, which is to produce a layered feel through use of different materials and textures in places that you might not traditionally find them. It's been done for some time in interior design, so why not bring it to the clothing fashion front.

I personally feel its to keep the cost down. The fact that most "designer" belts run in the $50-$70 range keeps me from buying those but I would be more willing to pay 20 bucks for one. It to me felt like a pretty solid strap. I'm not a huge fan of plastic buckle, but I get it. I don't think they have a ton of opperating capital and this give them a good bang for the buck. Also probably gives them away to offer many more colors for cheaper. I do like the fact that it is a little wider strap which i like and I like that I may have a chance to change the buckle color being that it is removable. But I agree with many in that I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for it. At 20 bucks, I would probably purchase a couple more, assuming that its a solid belt and buckle and doesn't break down or come apart.

Got my second Social Era belt yesterday. This one is a light teal color. Reminds me of Seafoam Green. It came with a darker teal colored buckle. Very nice combo to match up. Same strap and buckle as my first one. The QC from belt to belt I would say is equal.

Nice looking line-up.

Back